I have a Bold 9000 that was bought in Saudi Arabia. I am trying to switch out my current device, an 8320, to the new 9000. My carrier is T-Mobile and I have all necessary dataplans, etc., and now am able to access UMA on my current device even in Saudi Arabia, where I am now. I did a "switch device" on the Desktop Manager and also downloaded the service books for the Bold. I can access the WiFi network on the Bold, but I can't get the UMA to kick in - it is not shown as an option and never comes up (although my 8320 has no problem accessing UMA in Saudi Arabia).
    First, any suggestions on what else I might do to get UMA working on the new Saudi Arabia-purchased Bold?
    Second, does anyone know of countries that bar the sale of BlackBerries with UMA capability in order to preserve mobile network revenus?
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - this is driving me nuts!
    Thanks!
    Tom Nelson
    12-30-09 12:04 PM
    I'm fairly sure that if you didn't buy a bold that was UMA capable then you might have to get a different one. I'm not 100% for sure but I think UMA is hardware and not software related. Anyone else care to input?
    12-30-09 12:34 PM
    Correct. The 9000 does not support UMA. A Tmo Bold 9700 does. I understand that doesn't help however.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 12:39 PM
    Your comments are much appreciated! It's back to the 8320 for me!
    Tom
    12-30-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD