I had a problem with my BOLD not connecting to the blackberry service over wifi. It would appear to connect to the WIFI (the AP name was shown on the device) but the wifi icon was greyed out.

I tried other wireless points and they worked, so I figured it was something with my internet. What I did to fix it was add the openDNS dns servers to my linksys router setup page, after that the wifi icon turned white/black,

Just thought I would let someone know inc ase they ran into a similar problem.

I am with rogers high speed and have a linksys WRT600N. The blackberry can see wireless A networks but since mine is setup for N only it wasn't able to connect.
    09-01-08 06:50 PM
    Thanks man. That solution worked for my 8120 Pearl Wifi! Typically I reset the router and it worked, but this worked great!

1) Does anyone know what the problem is?

2) Are there any drawbacks to using OpenDNS compared to the router's default DNS?

Thanks.
    11-25-08 01:03 AM
    My Bold wifi usually stops working when I switch OS or reload apps on DM, and wifi will work again after I resend my service books.
    11-25-08 08:00 AM
    I had a problem with my BOLD not connecting to the blackberry service over wifi. It would appear to connect to the WIFI (the AP name was shown on the device) but the wifi icon was greyed out.

I tried other wireless points and they worked, so I figured it was something with my internet. What I did to fix it was add the openDNS dns servers to my linksys router setup page, after that the wifi icon turned white/black,

Just thought I would let someone know inc ase they ran into a similar problem.

I am with rogers high speed and have a linksys WRT600N. The blackberry can see wireless A networks but since mine is setup for N only it wasn't able to connect.
    hi, can you tell me where can i do that on my thomson speedtouch 780i wl router, i connect via wifi on the internet on my home router but after 2,3 minutes of surfing, the connection stops, the arrow in the upper right corner is not showing in 2 direction like usually , its just showing in the sending directions (to the router)... can you help me with my problem???...tnx
    04-07-09 04:24 PM
    i'm having the same problem with my bb 9700 and i did setup the openDNS also.. but it still hasnt fixed it... any other help is appreciated please.
    02-10-10 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD