I have got an 8320 I don't have a data plan because I am usually around "hot spots" I can't use the google apps or facebook applications because they will not connect through wifi. Is there any way I can fix them or somehow get them to work?
    08-19-09 01:42 PM
    I can't use the google apps or facebook applications because they will not connect through wifi. Is there any way I can fix them or somehow get them to work?
    No. There only a very limited number of application are aware of the Wifi connection. The Hotspot Browser is your connection to the Internet.

Use it with mobile aware sites like iGoogle to access your Gmail and other services.
    08-19-09 02:36 PM
    Or download LogicMail the fully WiFi compliant email client.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 10:10 PM
    try going into options and changing connection type to direct
    08-21-09 07:21 PM
    I have got an 8320 I don't have a data plan because I am usually around "hot spots" I can't use the google apps or facebook applications because they will not connect through wifi. Is there any way I can fix them or somehow get them to work?
    Sadly Gmail does not work with blackberry phones without BIS or BES as far as i know, because i dont have either and can not use it at all.

Another solution is to try the alternative to Gmail and LogicMail, called "Funambol", its a bit better in visual than Logicmail, but can only use one email account. (i use it for Gmail )

Check my post for the link and use instructions here : Wifi Apps 2009
    08-22-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD