So I'm sure this has been answered already but I'm gonna ask again...what's the diff btwn the 2....Also can I turn off my mobile connections on the phone and keep wifi on and surf the net...Luckily my signal is so good I don't think I have used wifi yet. Just wondering if there was a way to use wifi without the mobile phone features on...I.e. As if I was in Starbucks...

Also is there a way to edit the times you get your push notifications "facebook", "Email" etc...this would def save me some battery...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 08:55 AM
    you will still get PUSH thru your wifi connection yes. You cant realy edit your push times though without an app that i think only works for email. Push doesnt eat battery either as its mostly done server side
    03-05-10 09:05 AM
    you will still get PUSH thru your wifi connection yes. You cant realy edit your push times though without an app that i think only works for email. Push doesnt eat battery either as its mostly done server side

So does that mean I can turn the mobile phone off at a wifi hotspot and surf the web on wifi alone? Also do you know of the app that edits push?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 09:09 AM
    yes you can turn it off but no push is server side....i not sure why you want to...its not going to drain the battery.
    03-05-10 09:21 AM
    The only thing that dies when you turn off the phone connection is the phone and SMS/MMS. everything else can be rerouted through wifi.
    03-05-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD