Hey guys new here, just got my bold after selling my iphone so far love it but cannot connect via wifi, do I HAVE to have the bb data plan for it to work? after some searching it seems like the answer is 50/50. thanks in advance.

btw i dont have the plan, just never use it. all I need is IM and text, or i can always browse wifi if i can get it to work.
    Last edited by iduarte21; 05-29-09 at 10:08 AM.
    05-29-09 10:03 AM
    You need the data plan. Wifi accompanies the data plan but it's not free. If wifi access was free, think of all the $$ carriers would lose. People would just do email, bbm and surf using wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:29 AM
    hmmm, thats why i got rid of the iphone sick and tired of giving my money away for a data plan i don't need!
    05-29-09 10:44 AM
    Do you have to have a T-Mobile @ home router? to be able to hook up to the wifi and make VOIP phone calls? also does T-Mobile Charge you for these calls?
    05-29-09 10:49 AM
    I connect to my wifi router and surf this way. I even disable the connection with my mobile operator

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:58 AM
    ^^^ just got it working disabled my att connection and it works, but why is the wifi symbol in gray and it still shows "-" under manage connections for wifi, but it works! any insight is appreciated!
    05-29-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";