Just got my 8900 and I love it. The only problem I am having is with the wifi. I do not have a data plan, so could this be the problem? The phone recognizes my home network and allows me to save the wep key, but will not allow me to browse/connect to the internet. Any suggestions?
    05-28-09 12:17 PM
    Browser > BB Button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser = Hotspot
    05-28-09 12:24 PM
    And I don't know if this will help, but it should not hurt... Go to Manage Connection > Mobile Network Options > Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Preferred
    05-28-09 12:41 PM
    when I try to connect it says W002: Wi-Fi connectionfailed...what does this mean?
    05-28-09 11:05 PM
    when I try to connect it says W002: Wi-Fi connectionfailed...what does this mean?
    W002 - Wi-Fi Connection Failed

Meaning: The phone was unable to get an IP address from the DHCP server in order to establish a connection.

1. If WEP encryption is in use, check that the key configured on the router matches the key entered on the phone.

2. DHCP may be disabled on the wireless router and there is no other DHCP server on the network. Make sure that the option of DHCP is set to enable on the wireless router.

3. DHCP pool may be exhausted - Need to increase the range of the DHCP server. If the number of devices currently connected to the WLAN is greater than the number of IP addresses available, then increase the range.

4. The wireless network the user is trying to connect to is configured for static IP addresses only, check with the system administrator for an IP address assignment.

5. Check if MAC filtering is enabled on the wireless router. If it is, check that the phone MAC address is on the Safe List, if not, add it

I'm much more helpful in the early morning.

UMA Error Codes
    05-28-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD