My wife loved my storm, now she wants a blackberry of her own. I am looking for a general opinion of which one I should get her. We are on vzw.
    11-29-08 01:19 AM
    women tend to lean toward curves and pearls. I'd personally get her a curve unless you trust her with a storm lol

i just witnessed a mother of four drop her storm today. it was so sad

my gf got really frustrated with the pearl's SureType, but it all comes down to whatever floats her boat lol
    11-29-08 01:27 AM
    I'd go with the Curve. Larger screen that's easier to read and surf. Qwerty keybaord that's easier to type in my opnion. I couldn't adapt to the sure type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 02:02 AM
    my wife wanted the pearl because its smaller. She doesn't like big stuff.
    But she also loves my Storm and is considering getting one regardless of the size because its cool.
    11-29-08 02:10 AM
    If your wife stated she loved your Storm, the answer is obvious. To get her anything else is probably just asking for trouble, particularly if she took to the Storms touchscreen interface handily.
    Option 2: get her to a store with some models she can play with, toss a bunch of money at her and say "go play!".
    Smartphones are a personal thing in choice, so that might be even better.

Either way, point her to the community here when she gets one for a welcome and newbie questions!
    11-29-08 02:14 AM
    my sister has had a blackberry for years, and when she played with my storm at thanksgiving, her thumbnails prevented her from being able to type. They are about half an inch long acrylic nails.
    11-29-08 02:17 AM
    Option 2: get her to a store with some models she can play with, toss a bunch of money at her and say "go play!".
    Smartphones are a personal thing in choice, so that might be even better.

Either way, point her to the community here when she gets one for a welcome and newbie questions!

Wow I just got chills lol. The thought of her coming home with a treo or any non-berry scares me. But I think I may send her out to play with them. I would go storm for her but she actually used "pink" as a feature for her perfect phone.
    11-29-08 09:10 AM
    I agree with Digital C....if your wife loves your storm, thats what she wants....lol, thats the way I "hint" to my husband to get me something. I just got a storm, my first BB in about 9 yrs....and I can't beleive what a fool I've been trying to get other things to do what was always on the BB!!! lol, for the past 2 years I've been in phone hades, with a verizon pocket pc. OMG!! I got it so I could do everything I am now able to do on my Storm!! It was such a nightmare device, that I almost gave up on the whole smartphone idea! When people asked me what kind of phone it was...I just called it my dumbfone.

Which, is why...If you KNOW your wife loves your Storm!! Go with a tried and true company..and get her what she wants. I think even if you're not totally used to the touchscreen, it only takes a day or so to start getting the hang of it.

My dad, who is 73 fell in love with my Storm and played with it for hours on Thanksgiving, lol. He's going to get himself one too!
    11-29-08 09:24 AM
    You can get a pink neoprene case for the storm.
    11-29-08 10:09 AM
    Yup- I'd get her a Storm if that's what she loves. Get her a pink silicone case! The good thing about the storm is that the silicone case basically makes the phone the right colour- not like in the Curve where all in between the keys are a different colour.
    11-29-08 01:03 PM
    Get her whichever phone she wants. I personally would love to get a storm, and as soon as I am able to, either by switching to Verizon, or when it comes to T-mobile, I will ge getting it. I treat my phone very well, and I would not have any issues with taking care of a Storm.
    11-29-08 01:30 PM
    I am a girl and first time BB user and I got the storm and love it. To make it girly and different than yours get a pink hard case as I did. I love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 03:42 PM
    Wow I just got chills lol. The thought of her coming home with a treo or any non-berry scares me. But I think I may send her out to play with them. I would go storm for her but she actually used "pink" as a feature for her perfect phone.
    It's gotta be a Curve...and she'll love it.
    11-29-08 05:50 PM
    Does she love the Stom because of the touch or because of th BB features? If it's the former, you kind of have to get her a Storm. If it's the latter, a Curve would be a great choice.
    11-29-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD