I know there's several threads about Nuked BB's...and I've tried this now like a dozen times...

I have the App loader up...pop the battery, plug in USB to phone...

Then when I click next on the loader, instead of showing what it wants me to reinstall, I just get a message saying:

"The BB Desktop Software does not have BB Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider".

Meanwhile, my wife right now is timing her contractions and may be in labor, and we need this phone to contact people!!!

I'm freakin' out!
    01-24-10 09:31 PM
    And you installed an OS (seperate from desktop manager) that was made for your phone? If so, and not an official release by your carrier did you delete the vendor.xml file before opening apploader?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 09:42 PM
    Yep. I have never installed an OS that wasn't an "official" release or however you say it. In fact, since I got the phone in September (Verizon Wireless BB Tour) I only upgraded OS once when the phone told me too, around November I wanna say?
    01-24-10 09:46 PM
    Emphasis on INSTALL the OS on your pc.

01-24-10 09:47 PM
    Ohhh. Keep in mind I'm an *****.

So basically you mean that my OS on the phone and OS on the Desktop Manager need to be the same, right?
    01-24-10 09:49 PM
    Go here and find the OS. Download to computer and then run the resulting downloaded EXE file. It will install on your computer. Then follow the prior steps.

BlackBerry® Software Updates

Oh, and GOOD LUCK!!!! No, not with the OS but with the LABOR. Oh, and then with the OS.
    01-24-10 09:50 PM
    Try this. I don't have Verizon and am not at my PC but this link may help.

search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=21754&p=4866&supportview=1

01-24-10 09:54 PM
    Go here and find the OS. Download to computer and then run the resulting downloaded EXE file. It will install on your computer. Then follow the prior steps.

BlackBerry� Software Updates

Oh, and GOOD LUCK!!!! No, not with the OS but with the LABOR. Oh, and then with the OS.
    You beat me, and I like your link better

01-24-10 09:55 PM

BlackBerry� Software Updates

Nice.... And good luck man lol

01-24-10 10:17 PM
    Good luck with the baby also! Mozal tov!
    01-24-10 10:17 PM
    Doesn't the above link need a fake phone number to plug into the box halfway down the page?
    01-25-10 03:49 AM
    so is the a new crackberry user here yet?
    01-25-10 05:36 AM
    Did he ever fix his berry or did his wife nuke that?

01-25-10 05:52 AM
    I just wanted to jump in and say I hope the wife, baby and the berry are all doing great
    01-25-10 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD