Why are some people so upset that the new Tour doesn't have Wi Fi capabilities? I'm new to Blackberrys but I though one of the beauties of them was their browsing the WWWeb. Why does the lack of Wi Fi bother so many people? You can still do everything without Wi Fi right?
    06-30-09 08:08 AM
    To me it is like walikng to the store to buy a bottle of pop and riding a bike to the store to buy a bottle of pop.

Either way you wind up with a bottle of pop but sometimes it is just easier / more convieniant to use your bike.

Another example of the benifit of Wi-FI is while camping this weekend I had very spotty coverage. Yet the campsite had Wi-Fi which I couldnt take advantage of becuase my Storm is not equiped with it. Thus i was unable to follow the NHL draft as closely as i might have.
    06-30-09 09:13 AM
    Wifi is just another Option, I was upset when I switched from a Wifi equipped phone to a non wifi equipped phone a few years back, I would love to have it, but it is not a deal breaker.

if you are a world traveller, having Wifi is nice so you don't have to pay fees to check your e-mail outside of the country,

and the Blackberry isn't known for using the WWW, it is known for e-mail, as I love my BB, but for the internet it still isn't the best yet, hopefully Bolt will fix that.
    06-30-09 09:21 AM
    another thing is that some people like it just for the networking capabilities, those that are not fully networked on bluetooth. I personally don't really see a true bonus to have wi-fi when I network with bluetooth and would prob use my gps more anyways. come out with a phone that has bt, wi-fi and gps and I might say ok...lol
    06-30-09 10:31 AM
    Agree with the travelling, especially on overseas when data roaming is expensive... Plus sometime I need faster connection, and wifi is the best answer for it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 12:21 PM
    Ive had a Bold for about 3 months, and I've only used WiFi twice. The 3G speed is plenty fast for me.
    06-30-09 01:51 PM
    I was hoping to use the BB Tour for internet browsing, although I still want the Tour phone, is there a better Verizon blackberry for browsing than the BB Tour?
    06-30-09 02:24 PM
    Well on T-Mobile its basically a must since it doesn't work at my home at all so with UMA I now get perfect coverage. If you have a fast 3G network with great coverage then you don't really need it.
    06-30-09 02:24 PM
    I used to have a wifi phone but now that I have BB service and it pretty much does all i needed with wifi and more. With blackberry service, who needs wifi
    06-30-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD