Hello all
    This is my first post on this site, so be gentle.
    I have a Bold 9000 and it has worked really well for 3 or so months, but the other nif=ght it just stopped working on Wifi at home. Instead of the white and black wifi sign I now have grey and white.
    None of my settings have changed, the laptop and pc still work fine on the wifi connection, so have you got any ideas??? I've tried deleting the svaed connection and strarting afresh but tstill the same, pulled the battery, no change..............HELP
    Also can the answers be kept in simple laymans terms I'm a little thick!!!!!!!!1
    Cheers peeps
    05-05-09 12:55 PM
    have you tried a battery pull
    05-05-09 01:00 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I would guess, you are experiencing interference from a nearby radio source.

If your neighbours have an active Wifi on the same channel, they degrade each other.

Start with a site survey. Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics. Menu / Site Survey.

Look for strong signals on the same or adjacent channels.
    05-05-09 01:01 PM
    Tried that one
    05-05-09 01:01 PM
    Have you tried restarting the router or changing the router channel?
    05-05-09 02:19 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I would guess, you are experiencing interference from a nearby radio source.

If your neighbours have an active Wifi on the same channel, they degrade each other.

Start with a site survey. Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics. Menu / Site Survey.

Look for strong signals on the same or adjacent channels.
    I can't find the "site survey" option. I'm using a Bold. I've been having major issues with wi-fi lately and just got off the phone with AT&T to have another router sent to me. But I'm curious as to comparing other signals.

EDIT: I found the site survey.
    05-05-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD