I am trying to connect to wi fi to call internationally, but I cannot seem to get the UMA to appear in the upper left hand corner instead of EDGE. I think I am connected to a wireless network, which I see in my wi fi options, but it stil says edge. How can I get this to work?

Thanks!
    08-09-09 08:57 PM
    Do I have to have mobile network turned off?
    08-09-09 09:01 PM
    If u don't see uma your not connected. Try a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 09:05 PM
    You can have a Wifi connection and still not have your UMA access.

Use Connections / Wifi Opions. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics to help isolate the problem.

If your connection is good, you will see the network acquired message or an error in Status.

Scroll down to UMA, again, you should see a Status: UMA Connection Successful, or an error message.

If you are getting an error, that may provide an explanation why it is not connecting.

08-10-09 10:17 AM
    You can have a Wifi connection and still not have your UMA access.

Use Connections / Wifi Opions. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics to help isolate the problem.

If your connection is good, you will see the network acquired message or an error in Status.

Scroll down to UMA, again, you should see a Status: UMA Connection Successful, or an error message.

If you are getting an error, that may provide an explanation why it is not connecting.

Thanks for the correction, hate to pass on bad info.
    08-10-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD