Hi there

I am Rob and I've just got my first ever BlackBerry. I have had it a week and its a 8120 PEARL. Its with O2.

I have used - MANAGE CONNECTIONS - SET UP WI-FI NETWORK - SCAN FOR NETWORKS

I then select my connection and enter the correct Network Key.

What is confusing me is that. On my main screen, it shows the grey wi-fi icon and also the name of my wi-fi profile name on the screen

However when I check the MANAGE CONNECTIONS page, it is still showing the WI-FI as a small yellow button with a line through as opposed to a green button with a tick. So I presume that it is not connected.

Please someone help me before my phone is thrown out of the window. I am starting to think the phone maybe too technical for me?!

Rob
    03-30-08 02:36 PM
    Did you try using the browser to see if it works? Cause sometimes it will show a yellow button line, but the wifi will still work.
    03-30-08 04:53 PM
    Also make sure your data services are turned on.
    03-30-08 04:54 PM
    I am still having WIFI connection problems. On the main screen it shows the name of my connection, but the wi-fi icon is greyed out, plus on the MANAGE CONNECTION the yellow buton is still showing newt to wi-fi.
    I thought I would test the wifi to see whether it works by tuning off the mobile network, keeping the WIFI switiched on and using the browser. I tried to load a page, but it didnt work.
    I have had a look at the WIFI dagnostics for my wifi connection and it shows a red cross against the BLACKBERRY INFRASTRUCTURE - CONNECTNG. I'm guessing this is not a good sign?

Can anyone help?
    04-01-08 03:57 PM
    hmm, looks similar to the problem i was having. But when I changed my router, it instantly connected. Do you have all your service books pushed to your phone?
    04-01-08 09:06 PM
    Sounds like your wifi on the phone is failing to make a connection with the router. What kind of router is it (brand and model #)?
    04-01-08 09:37 PM
    also make sure you router doesnt have an access list set up and that DHCP is enabled to give out an IP.

As for the icon being gray...well that may just be you dont have a connection to a BES, i use my wifi all the time at work via wi-fi and the icon on the main screen is in gray and on the connections screen i have a yellow dot by my wi-fi connection.....
    04-02-08 03:39 AM
    I know from experience that if its greyed out and has yellow dash it just means u don't have a blackberry plan, but wifi will still work just fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 01:43 PM
    I haven't altered any of my settings and the WIFI button is now white and not greyed out. I also get a green tick next the name of my connection! So problem fixed, I just dont know how I fixed it!!
    04-02-08 05:02 PM
    Most likley, the network geeks fixed it.

Does your screen display UMA now? That means you are using your own network and bandwidth to send/recieve data including voice.
    04-02-08 10:07 PM
    how do i change the ssid for wifi on a 7250? The only thing I "pick up" is Verizon Wireless and i think it is set as the home connection.

I'm on a university campus and they offer wifi for students (you need your account and password to access it)

any ideas?
    04-16-08 10:47 AM
    BlackBerry 7250 Specifications | Features List

According to the spec sheet, 7250 does not support Wifi.

Technology GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    World Roaming Yes
    SIM Card Yes
    High Speed Data Connectivity Yes (1xRTT)
    Modem Functionality No
    Java Applications Yes
    Brew Applications No
    Two-way Radio / Walkie Talkie Yes
    PC Synchronization Yes
    Expansion Slots No
    Infrared No
    Bluetooth Yes
    USB Yes
    Serial Connection Yes
    It would be nice if we could use a Wifi dongle, but I have not found one with BlackBerry support listed.
    Last edited by Stoner; 04-16-08 at 02:11 PM.
    04-16-08 01:56 PM
    Do you have a data plan on 8120? Does it work w/o data plan, your wi-fi browsing?
    04-16-08 04:14 PM
    Do you have a data plan on 8120? Does it work w/o data plan, your wi-fi browsing?
    If that was directed to me, I am using an 8320 without a plan. That limits me to Browser and PDA only.

Browser on a Curve is reason enough to pack a 'Berry.

Once our Canadian carrier emerges from the stone age of price gouging, I am looking forward to the real CrackBerry experience. 'Till then, I am holding my Rogers shares and racking in the dough!
    04-16-08 09:34 PM

Browser on a Curve is reason enough to pack a 'Berry.

Once our Canadian carrier emerges from the stone age of price gouging, I am looking forward to the real CrackBerry experience. 'Till then, I am holding my Rogers shares and racking in the dough!
    i hear that.
    04-17-08 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD