07-29-08 08:28 AM
69 123
tools
    Definetly get the unlimited data plan. BB's can do so much why would you limit yourself like that.
    07-17-08 09:51 AM
    1,296,462.66KB usage currently.

When it comes to things that are hard to track, it is better to go with unlimited plan. I don't text much so I opted for the $5 buck plan for 250 text/pic messages per month just in case any bum decides to text me by accident. Now that I got my BB, it seems I am currently up to 148 text messages and now thinking of upgrading.

I had an incident with Verizon Wireless. I upgraded my phone in January from razor phone to Juke phone and they made the mistake of upgrading my plan since it was same amount of minutes. Now, I don't know if many of you are familar with the old plans like America's choice in which you used your minutes for everything (talking, downloading applications from Get It Now and so forth). That's the plan I had because I got my first phone 6 years ago and stayed with the 450 minute plan until very recently (when I got my berry). It worked perfect because you could wait until 9pm or weekend to use get it now and go to mobile web.

They had upgraded me to the 450 Nationwide plan and I was never made aware of it, then my bill comes and I see that they were charging me about 30 dollars worth of usage for MB on top of the cost of the ringtones I downloaded.

I freaked out and made them change me back to America's choice (which does not exist anymore). Sadly, I had to upgrade to Nationwide when I got my berry 3 weeks ago but I am not being charged MB because of the unlimited plan.

So, Why unlimited? Because you don't have to monitor anything and what you pay a month does not change!!!! as opposed to being charged per usage.

Sorry to vent but I think pro-rating is a pain in the derier. I got my berry 7 days before my billing cycle ended and they decided to pro rate me for the data usage, minutes (I upgraded to 700 because I added it as a second line to get the phone at $149.00) and they charged me a dollar for using the Juke phone for one minute. Bastards!!!!
    07-17-08 09:53 AM
    I wish there's an unlimited data plan in Manila. My last bill was about $500! I don't think the 2 major carriers will do that here.
    07-17-08 09:58 AM
    20 mb in 1 week.
    i don't use as much as some yet, but i am glad i have unlimited!!
    07-17-08 10:22 AM
    IMO..if you have a BB, a unlimited data plan is MANDATORY!!!
    I concur!! Most definitely!

And if you text a lot, unlimited is mandatory also.

I remember when I got my iPhone back in Feb, i got the 1500 messages a month, so within the first month i went way over my 1500, i learned my lesson and go unlimited everything...and i did the same for my BB when i got it last wk
    07-17-08 10:26 AM
    FBBRYPERSNLUNLMSG 1419
    MEDIA MAX UNLIMITED 877
    TEXT MESSAGING
    - Text Messaging Incoming 1
    AFBBRYPERSONAL 46044 46044
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET 93033 93033
    07-17-08 10:31 AM
    I have the SEP and and glad I got it. After having a few knock down drag out fights with my daughter over her usage I can't imagine not having and unlimited plan. Those bills can get insane.
    07-17-08 12:02 PM
    3 words:

No billing surprises.
    07-17-08 12:22 PM
    Unlimited Plan...Well worth the extra 30 bucks.
    07-17-08 03:54 PM
    i couldnt resist anymore.... i gave up!!!! i took the $30 plan for 6go data..

i didnt want in the first place because i had to renew for 3 years but the deal was so good! i mean, i paid $15 for only 1.5 mb orf data, now for 30$ i got 6Go.. dont need to be a rocket scientist to make up your mind !!!!

can t wait to get the bold
    07-17-08 04:12 PM
    I wish there's an unlimited data plan in Manila. My last bill was about $500! I don't think the 2 major carriers will do that here.
    Guy- I need for you to either pin me or pm me. I miss the Phillippines!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 04:31 PM
    I use about 30 - 40 megs a month. I would like to have a 100 meg data plan to allow a buffer zone. I have tmo and the blackberry data plan is only $20/month so I can not complain to much

07-17-08 04:40 PM
    Guy- I need for you to either pin me or pm me. I miss the Phillippines!!!!

Added you on my list
    07-28-08 12:20 PM
    I must say that the added buffer of unlimited is good for me. That means there is no second guessing. Unlimited text and data. It puts users at ease. And at only 20 bucks a month who can complain?

07-28-08 12:32 PM
    I don't have a data plan and really don't need one. 99.5% of my BB usage is text messaging so I got a plan with unlimited texts, I rarely make any calls.
    07-28-08 01:09 PM
    I'd be up **** creek if I didn't have an unlimited plan.

I used 66,340kb last month and currently I'm at 85,370 and the billing cycle only started about a week ago!
    07-28-08 01:22 PM
    When I first got my Berry the sales rep. talked me into the unlimited data plan. She told me to at least try it out for a month and I'm so glad that I did. I never thought I would actually need it and was positive I would be calling up AT&T a month later to cancel, but now I think it's actually a great deal and can't imagine using my Berry without it!
    07-28-08 01:30 PM
    I just don't understand why people would get a BB without an unlimited data plan. The whole purpose of the BB is to be able to check email and use internet apps while on the go. Without an unlimited plan, it just wouldn't make sense to pay per kb.

I never understood those people who got BB's without a data plan either--why even get the BB in the first place?!
    07-28-08 08:57 PM
    I just don't understand why people would get a BB without an unlimited data plan. The whole purpose of the BB is to be able to check email and use internet apps while on the go. Without an unlimited plan, it just wouldn't make sense to pay per kb.

I never understood those people who got BB's without a data plan either--why even get the BB in the first place?!
    I started off with just the email unlimited plan from T-Mo, which is $9.99. I never had the need to go online (BB Browser). And it worked fine for me for over 8 months. I still hardly go online, but I did get the full data plan @ $20 a month. I did it as an investement, watching the price of everything going up, I figure it is only a matter of time that T-mo raises that fee. I now only go online in a non WiFi setting for directions or to look up a place of interest. I'm sure I don't use it to it's full potential. The email though, I get at least 5 emails every 10 minutes, so I know I am abusing that.
    07-29-08 08:28 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD