Hi everyone,

I just got my Bold the other day and for some reason it seems like my GPS isn't working at all. I looked it up under advanced options and it says it's enabled, but it hasn't been able to locate me. I currently am connected to a wireless network, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Is there anything I should look for?
    06-25-09 08:06 PM
    What Wireless Network? AT&T? Other carrier, or just WiFi?
    06-25-09 08:35 PM
    What program are you using to fix your location.
    Google maps? BB Maps? Poynt?
    When you open a mapping program you can go to options and the program will find your location either by cell phone tower or satellite.
    When you go to advanced options it will only show 000 location even if enabled.
    06-25-09 08:45 PM
    Where are you? Indoors or outdoors? Clear sky or tall buildings?
    06-25-09 09:09 PM
    Are you on vzw? They lock the gps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 09:53 PM
    Go to options> status> and type in the word "test". This will open up a self diagnostics screen/ testing platform. Hit the menu button and click "start". Select the "Gps" option and click "Run". Go outside to a clear area with open sky and no tall buildings/tree's within 200' to be sure. Once it picks up your location, it should stay with you even in poorer conditions. Let it run it's test, and follow the prompts. If it still fails, use the report it will generate as proof to get a new phone. If the new phone isn't an option, you could always mess around with some keys in the GPS e-screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 10:05 PM
    Turns out I was an *****. Both times I tried it, I was indoors. I went outside for about three minutes and it finally locked on. Thanks for all the help though. You guys are all the best.
    06-25-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD