Hey Everyone,

So I've been thinking, why? Sounds like a random question I know, but I don't think we've ever had a solid thread as to why choose BlackBerry. Let's change that

Starting off, I'll say this. I use a BlackBerry in 2014 because it works. My favourite features are the BlackBerry Hub and unified inbox on pre BlackBerry 10 devices, service integration within the operating system, android application support (huge deal for me actually), keyboard shortcuts for BlackBerry devices with a full QWERTY keyboard, battery life, the addition of expandable storage and last but not least the PIM applications (when using Microsoft Exchange and corporate email accounts) work very well.

What does this all translate to in MY personal use case scenarios? As a university student, I have a lot of work to deal with, assignments being handed out, due dates fast approaching, meetings to be at, events to go to, extra curricular activities and more. It's hard to cope with a busy day if the right tools aren't provided. BlackBerry has been proven to be an efficient tool for my day to day usage. I'm also a technology reviewer. I have carried devices like the iPhone and the Galaxy Note 3 (two quick real examples) as my primary phone when I review them to see how things go over the course of a day. Review units tend to be loaned out for enough time that we can review the product and have time to put it through its paces.

So far BlackBerry has been the go to device even after being able to experiment with other devices. Long story short, here's my story and it would be awesome if we get the community engaged and if people post their videos here, photos, or even stories. I believe we can all learn something from each other.

Last edited by goku_vegeta; 04-18-14 at 02:12 PM.
    04-16-14 12:20 PM
    Great post and topic. I am not able to get link to work. Can you check it please.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    04-16-14 12:24 PM
    I say, why not?
    04-16-14 12:25 PM
    Great post and topic. I am not able to get link to work. Can you check it please.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    Link should be working on the CB website, checking the CB10 app now

EDIT: Yes I've tried with the CB10 app and the link is working. It may not have been for you earlier because the video wasn't published, it was only uploaded.
    Last edited by goku_vegeta; 04-16-14 at 12:41 PM.
    04-16-14 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry is the way to go when it comes to mobile. The HUB, Peek and Flow, Keyboard and one handed use, just to name a few. Almost forgot Connectivity is the best on BlackBerry. I'm always looking at full bars.
    cgallaer likes this.
    04-16-14 01:31 PM
    Because they're good.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-16-14 02:05 PM
    Because day in and out email is my main use. And nothing does that natively better for me.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    3_M4N likes this.
    04-16-14 02:12 PM
    Because day in and out email is my main use. And nothing does that natively better for me.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    I know a lot of people were complaining about email support on BlackBerry 10 vs BIS, I guess you use Exchange then?
    04-16-14 02:17 PM
    I'll admit I didn't read your post, I'm merely responding based on the subject.

I feel using a BlackBerry is a personal choice. With so many smartphone and carrier choices now, clearly it is a choice to use a BlackBerry, no?

I personally like the BlackBerry 10 OS and gestures. I find it so difficult to use a smartphone with a home button now. Alas, this is just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:21 PM
    College student, I've gotten so lazy that typing essays on my laptop is a burden now.. I submit projects on z10, do everything on it. Today in my statistics class, instead of printing the handout like everyone, I just went to the student site (2s tops to load) and opened the document and power point... awesome stuff.

Basically it's relegated my laptop and even my beloved and still beloved PlayBook to the side

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-16-14 02:27 PM
    Why not use a BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:29 PM
    For exactly the same reasons as choosing an iOS, Android or WP device: Personal preference.
    21stNow, andy957, neo158 and 3 others like this.
    04-16-14 02:36 PM
    I can definitely relate to OP. I'm a college student that works full time. Juggling personal assignments, team projects and volunteer time wouldn't be nearly as easy or enjoyable if I was using a different phone.

I've used iPhone's and multiple Android devices but BlackBerry 10 just works for me. The only thing I haven't used is Windows Mobile since they brought out their updated OS. I'm going to wait until 8.1 is released and then see how the user experience is.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:50 PM

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    Honestly, I can't think of any other reason to choose BB over Android and iPhone OTHER THAN this. If you're big on email, like BIG on email... then yeah, go BlackBerry.
    04-16-14 03:04 PM
    Why not use a BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    App selection? Hardware selection? Two off the top of my head.
    bbq10l likes this.
    04-16-14 03:08 PM
    If something works and meets your needs, why not use it?

Doesn't mean that you don't want the manufacture to improve it and make it better. Or that it will meet the needs of others that use their devices differently or might want a device that is easier to use....

What BlackBerry needs is to make their devices (and OS) appeal to a wider audience, and then market their products to that audience. Or I guess learn how to exist with a niche market of around 10 Million users.
    neo158 likes this.
    04-16-14 03:13 PM
    Love the hardware and the functionality, especially in terms of communication.

And if you love full qwerty keyboards like me, you won't find anything like it.
    acovey likes this.
    04-16-14 03:29 PM
    I can definitely relate to OP. I'm a college student that works full time. Juggling personal assignments, team projects and volunteer time wouldn't be nearly as easy or enjoyable if I was using a different phone.

I've used iPhone's and multiple Android devices but BlackBerry 10 just works for me. The only thing I haven't used is Windows Mobile since they brought out their updated OS. I'm going to wait until 8.1 is released and then see how the user experience is.

Posted via CB10
    Windows Phone sounds like a great experience. My first smartphone was actually a Windows Mobile 6.0 device and it helped having the ability to have all the powepoint slides on my phone. The improvements made in 7, 7.5, and 8 were quite welcome, 8.1 fixes and adds some more features and addresses the most major one of them all, brings in a notification center.

Posted via CB10
    neo158 likes this.
    04-16-14 03:58 PM
    I find my BB10 devices very productive and that's why I use them
    04-16-14 04:06 PM
    Where are you college students with bb10?? I'm a student at a school with almost 30000 students and I haven't seen one yet, I seem to be the only one with bb10. Can't wait for the day I meet the guy or girl and we just go off about our phones!

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-16-14 04:52 PM
    Blackberry is awesome. It has the fastest keyboard (did anyone see the Czech video????), the best email, the best hub, the best productivity tools, the best browser, the best camera. Can the iPhone do all this with the iPhone 5s? it's not like they can open presentations using the PowerPoint App or Excel App or have office 365. I also don't think they have school specific apps on their platform either. Who needs those when you have a browser.

My Blackberry is the best. it's for people who want to be productive and not just play Subway Surfer.
    Keep saying that to yourself over and over and pretty soon, it might come true.
    donwuan, 21stNow, Raddin and 2 others like this.
    04-16-14 05:18 PM
    Where are you college students with bb10?? I'm a student at a school with almost 30000 students and I haven't seen one yet, I seem to be the only one with bb10. Can't wait for the day I meet the guy or girl and we just go off about our phones!

Posted via CB10
    My University campus still has a heavy BlackBerry presence, our last survey in 2011 (old I know) had results that showed BlackBerry having 44 percent of the userbase. It was the IT department trying to survey people to see what they should do for making a new mobile app. We're all up here in Canada of course
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    04-16-14 05:32 PM
    Honestly, I can't think of any other reason to choose BB over Android and iPhone OTHER THAN this. If you're big on email, like BIG on email... then yeah, go BlackBerry.
    Better OS has me using a BlackBerry. But like you that's just an opinion being expressed.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:51 PM
    Blackberry is awesome. It has the fastest keyboard (did anyone see the Czech video????), the best email, the best hub, the best productivity tools, the best browser, the best camera. Can the iPhone do all this with the iPhone 5s? it's not like they can open presentations using the PowerPoint App or Excel App or have office 365. I also don't think they have school specific apps on their platform either. Who needs those when you have a browser.

My Blackberry is the best. it's for people who want to be productive and not just play Subway Surfer.
    It took me a while but I finally get you. How I didn't see it before I don't know, but now I do.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    04-16-14 06:02 PM
    Windows Phone sounds like a great experience. My first smartphone was actually a Windows Mobile 6.0 device and it helped having the ability to have all the powepoint slides on my phone. The improvements made in 7, 7.5, and 8 were quite welcome, 8.1 fixes and adds some more features and addresses the most major one of them all, brings in a notification center.

Posted via CB10
    The only thing Windows Phone doesn't have yet ... BBM!!!
    04-16-14 06:25 PM
94 123 ...