I mean have you guys seen the specs sheet on the Passport?

• 4.5 inch touchscreen with 16M colors along with a insanely high pixel density of 453 pixels per inch
    • 1080P Screen
    • Quad Core Snapdragon CPU
    • 3gb of Ram
    • And the list goes on!!!

I mean why are we not mad with this new direction that BlackBerry is taking? Last time I checked we don't need these specs, and there are plenty of people on Crackberry who agree with me.

About the Screen PPI:
    Why are we not furious about specs of Passport?!?-ppi.png

I mean who really needs 453 PPI when we wouldnt be able to tell the difference from the Z30's 295?

About the 1080P:
    Why are we not furious about specs of Passport?!?-ppi.png
    Why are we not furious about specs of Passport?!?-screen-res.png

I mean its only stupid Androids that really need a 1080P screens for marketing purposes, besides 1080P is overkill and kills the battery. The 720P on my Z10 is good enough for me thank you

About the CPU:
    Why are we not furious about specs of Passport?!?-quad-core.png
    Guys there is literally NOTHING in existence that the Passport can run into, which will utilize its new quad core processor. Bad move on BlackBerry, Dual cores are and always will be better than any other type of quad or octa core cpu. All this new quad core will do is kill the battery quicker.

If its not obvious by now, I am being sarcastic and am very happy with the direction BlackBerry is taking with its new Passport. Its finally a device which can compete with the rest of the market and I will be gladly picking one up for myself. The reason why I made this post was to vent my frustration that I was feeling during the Thorsten Heins era where many held the belief that BlackBerry got it completely right with the Z10, Z30's etc. That everything they had was "Good enough" and anything else would be overkill. They are fantastic devices which is why I have them, but I always knew they could be better. I truly think that under Chen BlackBerry will step out of mediocrity and begin to push the envelope once again, and ditch the "Good Enough" attitude many people had before. So bring on the Passport!! This will be a good year for BlackBerry

This is a final question I have to those who left remarks like the ones you saw on the screen caps. Do you still hold the belief of 720P>1080P, Quad cores are unnecessary etc?
    Last edited by jason9900; 08-04-14 at 11:11 PM.
    08-04-14 07:01 PM
    People deny what they want until they have it thats whats happened with Passport.
    08-04-14 07:04 PM
    I love my Z30, now where's my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    08-04-14 07:06 PM
    Passport screen is probably overkill but I don't think there were many good resolution options other that to double the width and height

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:16 PM
    I mean have you guys seen the specs sheet on the Passport?

• 4.5 inch touchscreen with 16M colors along with a insanely high pixel density of 453 pixels per inch
    • 1080P Screen
    • Quad Core Snapdragon CPU
    • 3gb of Ram
    • And the list goes on!!!

I mean why are we not mad with this new direction that BlackBerry is taking? Last time I checked we don't need these specs, and there are plenty of people on Crackberry who agree with me.

About the Screen PPI:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ppi.PNG 
Views:	7178 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	288965

I mean who really needs 453 PPI when we wouldnt be able to tell the difference from the Z30's 295?

About the 1080P:

Name:	ppi.PNG 
Views:	7179 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	288958

Name:	Screen Res.PNG 
Views:	7175 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	288959

I mean its only stupid Androids that really need a 1080P screens for marketing purposes, besides 1080P is overkill and kills the battery. The 720P on my Z10 is good enough for me thank you

About the CPU:

Name:	Quad Core.PNG 
Views:	7197 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	288960
    Guys there is literally NOTHING in existence that the Passport can run into, which will utilize its new quad core processor. Bad move on BlackBerry, Dual cores are and always will be better than any other type of quad or octa core cpu. All this new quad core will do is kill the battery quicker.

If its not obvious by now, I am being sarcastic and am very happy with the direction BlackBerry is taking with its new Passport. Its finally a device which can compete with the rest of the market and I will be gladly picking one up for myself. The reason why I made this post was to vent my frustration that I was feeling during the Thorsten Heins era where many held the belief that BlackBerry got it completely right with the Z10, Z30's etc. That everything they had was "Good enough" and anything else would be overkill. They are fantastic devices which is why I have them, but I always knew they could be better. I truly think that under Chen BlackBerry will step out of mediocrity and begin to push the envelope once again, and ditch the "Good Enough" attitude many people had before.

This is a final question I have to those who left remarks like the ones you saw on the screen caps. Do you still hold the belief of 720P>1080P, Quad cores are unnecessary etc?
    Man I love this post!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:18 PM
    At the end of the day I'm not sure it all really matters. I use a Note 3 for work and Z30 personally.. what I can say is I don't really notice a difference with the screen or speed of each phone.

What I do notice is how frustrating it is to type on the Note 3 compared to the Z30. Now I do find Androids offering of widgets more functional at times (especially with the Calendar) but that is about it.

I choose BB10 because of the software(not Apps lol) so the hardware didn't really matter as much to me but I would be lying if I didn't say I was also very excited to see how this works out for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:22 PM
    For the average smartphone, you don't need these type of specs. But the passport isn't designed as an average or high end smartphone, it is designed to be a high end smart device that has phone capabilities. Blackberry has mentioned in talking about the passport the ability to view XRays, CRT scans and CAD drawings. To do this, you need to have a good resolution screen. This is a targeted device. If you aren't going to need to view anything like the above, the Passport specs will be overkill to do your phone and social net working.
    08-04-14 07:29 PM
    Don't worry op...I'm furious! I don't need that junk on my smartphone!