Since 9700 ive been looking around for a VoIP for my bb, i though to myself maybe there isnt enough of juice in bb yet to support a voip. but now since 9900 was out for a while,and with all the 1GHz CPU's out there and new os7 .... i need a more or less clear answer, whats stopping developers to make a proper voip for blackberries!

Is it software limitation ? what is it really ?

i saw forum posts dating back to 2008, and they said coming soon ! 4 years later, still coming soon ! haha very demotivating.

viber, looks promising for bb but again its still under development for bb and "coming soon"

Thanks in advance
    01-29-12 03:24 AM
    It's probably the NOC servers.

However, there are a few half voip apps, I use Vopium app for international calls. If two users have the app and both are on wifi the call will be free.
    01-29-12 03:51 AM
    I have Blackvoib (Voip) on my BB9700 and FGvoip (Voip) on my BB9900 and both work great! I don't know of any voip programs for CDMA short of Skype. Most are made for GSM and it has something to do with the radios.
    Too bad we can't get Skype on our non verizon berries. I have Skype (voip) on my Android phone (Nexus S) and it works great.
    The world, I believe, is slowly pushing towards voip for calls but of course the carriers are gonna fight their cash cow (phone minute packages) until we the consumer have forced them to do so (we vote with our purchase money).
    Oh, and I have also used "Tringme" which is free if you call another Tringme user. If you don't call another Tringme user then you can only dial out. But I took it off cause there was toooo much delay in transmission
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 01-29-12 at 08:06 AM. Reason: added Tringme info
    01-29-12 08:04 AM
    any other suggestions?
    01-30-12 04:10 PM
    RIM does VOIP for BES via MVS, as for Free solutions I have not seen any yet, Skype has all but ignored RIM, and RIM isn't really focused on Bringing Voip to the BlackBerry
    01-30-12 04:14 PM
    what is predicitve dialer and and how to use it in call center?
    04-08-13 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD