I've tried to do a quick search in the forum but I didn't see if this question has been addressed. I know that people have been having issues with youtube streaming video. Some recommended other sites, but I tried tinytube.net and I can't get streaming to work (donwloading and then playing it is fine)

The question is why?

I would understand it better if no one is able to. But it seems that it only affects certain people. I myself have been able to play streaming if only for a few times.

It also seems this issue is carrier and device independent. Some claims that OS might be responsible. Mine is 4.6

Appreciate any input you guys could give us
    02-13-09 12:28 PM
    I am having the same problem. Would love help too.
    02-13-09 12:40 PM
    Knock on wood I'm having no trouble with youtube on my storm. I'm with Verizon Wireless and running the latest Official OS .75

I just got done watching a trailer for Transformers 2 from youtube on my Storm. Video quality isn't the best but the video ran as smooth as could be expected.
    02-13-09 01:19 PM
    On older versions of Blackberry you aren't able to do streaming because of some sort of Java block. If you could get something to bypass that it should work fine. I couldn't get streaming to work forever on my Curve until I found a program somewhere called WatchMe.
    02-13-09 01:33 PM
    oI_Platinum_Io

yeah...I understand that the device does not support java. But supposedly you could bypass that by going to m.youtube.com instead of the regular youtube.com
    I have issues either way
    02-13-09 01:55 PM
    The new curve 8900 is amazing with streaming. It isn't choppy at all. And that's with just EDGE not even 3G. I was thoroughly amazed with the quality.
    02-13-09 03:31 PM
    Since I upgraded my 8330 to 4.5, YouTube is giving me problems. Some videos I can watch, some I cannot. I typically get the "media is of an unsupported format" message.
    02-13-09 03:40 PM
    I have tried to find out about streaming video and spent hours rersearching "getting streaming video on Blackberry" and there seems to be no solid answers as to whether you can or can't and apps to download that probably won't work. Some users say "Im getting Utube" others with same device saying "nope don't work" so with all that said I GAVE UP. As a former Iphone user I would ocasionally watch CNN for the latest news, now as a Blackberry user can't watch a damn thing, lol
    02-13-09 09:02 PM
    Since I upgraded my 8330 to 4.5, YouTube is giving me problems. Some videos I can watch, some I cannot. I typically get the "media is of an unsupported format" message.
    Me too. This is absolutely ridiculus.
    02-13-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD