I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada (for 7 going on 8 years) no plans to change. Love this company. They may be owned by Bell but they are so different when it comes to service and plans.
    That's the other issue here in Canada (in Ontario at least) the lines are either owned by Bell or Rogers.. Virgin and Telus rent from Bell and Fido from Rogers. Wind has actually put up their own towers but they were renting from both I believe while starting up...
    11-12-13 01:16 PM
    I love my virgin plan to be honest and am not switching for the Z30. My question was mainly aimed at those in companies like rogers.

They complain about the service, the complain about the phone selection yet they stay, that is what I don't understand. Those people.

Posted via CB10
    Bell had an iron fist wrapped around phones and left the cable to Rogers (in the good ol' days) then they started competing for the same market space and people have been hoppig back and forth ever since (especially when porting your number from one carrier to another became an option). Having been with both carriers at one point or another it's often a situation of the grass being greener on the other side. The services are fairly similar and within weeks/months of one provider coming out with something, the other has 'caught up' and the customer service experience depends, almost entirely, on the rep on the other end of the line...
    11-12-13 01:24 PM
    I disagree. I've been with T-Mobile for over ten years now, and there have been a number of times when my loyalty has been rewarded. Sometimes it has been done by letting me upgrade early without having to pay "partial upgrade" price. Another time it was letting me back into a grandfathered plan when I switched away from BB and regretted it. I had been told that if I made the switch I wouldn't get that rate plan back, but a call to Customer Retention fixed it, due to my having been with the company continuously for 7 or so years, at that point.
    Yep! For my 15 years with Magenta (Since 1997-OmniPoint/VoiceStream/T-Mobile), I've found that except for general free service, I can get just about anything for my loyalty to them. Sometimes I actually do get free service in the form of credits. I used to get free minutes years ago, but since being on an unlimited plan they actually credit cash to me off my next subsequent bill if I find an error or do not like something.
    11-12-13 01:42 PM
    Right now I stay because Sprint is giving me a good discount just for calling and asking about switching =) If it wasn't for that I think my wife and I would have moved on. Sprint is a fine company but if a competitor can provide a much better price I'm more apt to go over there, understanding the differences in the two. I have until the end of the year to decide really, so we will see in a month or two where I am!
    11-12-13 02:35 PM
    If I could get the same coverage area I'd switch from Verizon in a heartbeat!

But the fact is no one in this area comes close to their coverage. AT&T is pretty good. But Sprint is terrible and T-Mobile is non existent here.

Of course that is why Verizon can charge so much, and get it for their service.
    11-12-13 03:58 PM
    I'm sim only monthly rolling contracts - I buy my own phones and it's therefore irrelevant to me who has what - helps that I live in a GSM only country.
    11-12-13 04:01 PM
    I was with Rogers for 4 years, went to Mobilicity for about 2 and a half and have finally found the sweet spot with Wind.

No contract, got my Z10 (Rogers STL-3) on Kijiji for 300. $45 a month with 10GB 4G (with the Mobilicity promo for two years) unlimited North American calling and all the call and text bells and whistles. Now before everyone says the reception is **** it really isint, my phone often loads content faster than the big three.

90 % of the time I'm in or around the GTA with little to no dips in service. Other 10 I'm in other major Canadian cities with similar quality. Looking forward to sticking with them for a while.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 04:16 PM
    I love my virgin plan to be honest and am not switching for the Z30. My question was mainly aimed at those in companies like rogers.

They complain about the service, the complain about the phone selection yet they stay, that is what I don't understand. Those people.

Posted via CB10
    Some people just like to complain for the sake of doing so, but will not take steps to resolve it even when given reasonable options.

If I was really unhappy with my carrier, I'd buck up the ETF just to get away from them.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:17 PM
33 12