The only way to get Blackberry phones in Australia is to buy online.
    07-13-16 11:44 PM
    The only way to get Blackberry phones in Australia is to buy online.
    And it's probably the best way to buy one.
    07-14-16 12:07 AM
    It's because they aren't profitable for retailers - they don't sell enough, or fast enough, and it ties up capital that those retailers could use to buy products that DO make them money. Also, the high rate of returns really hurts retailers, who have to eat a lot of the losses.
    cribble2k and A_Aviator_A like this.
    07-14-16 11:20 AM
    Telstra still has the Classic. Not sure if Optus still does the Priv.

Ask, and you shall know. Or join the Aussie BBM group, haha. Just hit up Ozdude here on CrackBerry (PM)... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-14-16 03:28 PM
    As a verizon customer I have to buy mine online too. It ain't just Australia

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-14-16 07:28 PM
    How do I join the Oz BBM group? Ozdude???

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 08:22 AM
    the high rate of returns really hurts retailers.
    At least you are not saying more are being returned than are being sold. I never did figure how that was possible.
    So sad, just like tech leaders with poor business sense Atari, Palm etc., that BlackBerry is lagging in sales with their fantastic OS and hardware. However, those companies did not hire a guy like Chen so stay tuned.

BB, Still the One
    07-16-16 10:12 AM
    At least you are not saying more are being returned than are being sold. I never did figure how that was possible.
    It was poorly worded, but what it meant was "more phones are being returned than being kept by buyers". So if 100 people bought a Z10, and 55 of them returned it and 45 kept it, than "more were being returned than were being sold (kept)."
    07-16-16 02:32 PM
    It was poorly worded, but what it meant was "more phones are being returned than being kept by buyers". So if 100 people bought a Z10, and 55 of them returned it and 45 kept it, than "more were being returned than were being sold (kept)."
    Do you know that to be true?
    07-20-16 10:16 PM
    Do you know that to be true?
    I don't know if in fact more phones were returned than were kept (he was speaking for the carrier he was working for at the time, which doesn't necessarily apply to every carrier/retailer worldwide), but I know that's what the guy who made that claim meant.

No one is likely to open their books and confirm this, but it's also not out of the realm of possibility, especially given the problems the Z10 had at launch (the spontaneous rebooting problem with 10.0 in particular).
    07-20-16 11:50 PM
    Yeah. Earlier this year I got a Classic from Telstra. I had the lady on the phone say they didn't have any left, then she checked inventory, then she said she did have one or more left so I got it on contract. That was in January.
    07-21-16 06:39 AM