Why is it so difficult to download and install an OS....I am not a computer programmer, but I am not a novice either. I see a lot of posts saying I can't.............etc. So it's not just me.
    03-28-10 03:37 AM
    What part do you get stuck with? What OS are you trying to download? Is it a leak? Is it official? If it's official, is it from your carrier? You'll have to give us more information.
    03-28-10 03:43 AM
    I'm a moron and I can do it...Yeahhhh Babyyyyy!!! Why the **** am I up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 03:45 AM
    What part do you get stuck with? What OS are you trying to download? Is it a leak? Is it official? If it's official, is it from your carrier? You'll have to give us more information.
    Trying to download leak for 8900. . I have crack mem installed.
    The download has just timed out again, and I have have found that you have to delete all previous versions from the PC before you can install. Then the real pain is trying to get DM to see the OS.

The real prob I have is that I am maybe expecting the OS to overwrite, but the whole issue is a pain.

The only time I had no problem was when Vodafone notified me that it was available...
    03-28-10 03:54 AM
    Yeah. I don't use the Desktop Manager. Just use the application loader in the same folder as the OS installation. (usually c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. Just be weary of the latest leak for the 8900: The scrolling is glitchy when you load up the browser (when you bring up quicklaunch or the application switcher), but overall it was a pretty solid leak.
    03-28-10 04:07 AM
    Dude, i have had the pearl, the old curve, the bold and the new curve, and ALWAYS i have upgraded to official OS, and i�ve never had any problem AT ALL. The BB desktop manager does everything for me, including, backup (contact, emails, etc), and after upgrading, i have my information restored. If you are upgrading to "leaks", please be aware that always they tell you that"it is under your own risk", thats why there is one 101 named: how to restore a dead blackberry or something like that. So, do the math...
    03-28-10 04:18 AM
    Just as a matter of intrest, what version are you trying to install. The latest 3 releases have all been official, including the current which is 5.0.0.509

Just wondered why you were trying to install a leak?
    03-28-10 04:26 AM
    .554 just to see if thee was anything new. The last official for Vodafone was .411 which DM highlights as the preferred OS.
    03-28-10 04:39 AM
    First, you have been given some incorrect information. It is not necessary to remove existing OS packages prior to installing an upgrade. If fact, it is highly recommended that you keep a known good OS installed in case of a problem. It makes for a near instant roll back.

Second, the only legitimate source of BlackBerry OS software are the packages hosted by Research in Motion. That can be problematic when a new OS is released and many thousand owners try to upgrade at the same time.

At best, downloading a 100 Mb OS package will take some time. At worst, it can take so much time it trips the time out counter.

Unfortunatly, there is no resume support when that happens. That also applies to some to of the popular download applications, doesn't work.
    03-28-10 10:02 AM
    Thanks...
    03-30-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD