Seeing comments on how specs such as the ability to record videos in 4K on a BlackBerry flagship device isn't important makes me wonder over the consequences of our expectations, or lack of them to be precise. For instance take 4K support on the Passport. Currently 4K offers the best video quality and YES it does matter whether we as BlackBerry users have the right to expect it from a BlackBerry flagship device! Why should BlackBerry users settle for less? IT IS NOT ABOUT SPECS PER SE, but what your device enables you to do and if it means having the option to shoot videos at best possible quality with the best business tool in one device, then that is what we should expect. I do not think that BlackBerry fans keeping low expectations will help BlackBerry in any way.

With that said, I will buy the Passport regardless. But expect BlackBerry to offer the best damn devices they possibly can. This is how we keep the company going forward by always demanding them to do their best. Now and in the future!
    Last edited by farvardinzad; 08-30-14 at 02:43 AM.
    08-30-14 12:48 AM
    We don't! BlackBerry releases proper specs for the appropriate device. In other words, it's all goooooooooood sunny.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-30-14 12:53 AM
    I'm also curious why they don't just use the latest available hardware, maybe a cost issue :shrugs:

But it would be interesting to show my Android worshiping fans a BlackBerry device that out specs the best Samsung has to offer, lol.
    08-30-14 01:29 AM