Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67
Like Tree54Likes
  1. hitnar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask!!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Why should anyone in US buys a Blackbery 10

    It is ridicules that US blackberry users have to wait another 6 weeks before getting a blackberry Z10. Europe is using the phone as you read this. Canadian’s will have theirs this weekend/next week. This is not a carrier because none of the carriers in the US will/can launch the device until sometime in March…Sprint users, they are worst because Sprint could care less.
    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry. They already lost support in the US and now they made it worst…All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    Thanked by:
    Clinto (01-30-2013) 
  2. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #2  

    Default

    US buyers will buy it because they've been following the leaks and updates, getting emails from RIM and are tuned into to BlackBerry 10.

    Just because Thor didn't dance on iPhone/Android graves, and smash Apples and Jelly Beans into the crowd with a Calloway Titanium driver, doesn't mean it still isn't the same BlackBerry 10 we've been following, and excited to see in "Official" form.

    They'll buy it because its what they want.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

    Thanked by 2:
    Giorgia Amore (01-30-2013),  walt63 (01-30-2013) 
  3. DPanacci's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    157 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    as i stated in another post ( http://forums.crackberry.com/general...period-765590/ ) Canadians are always waiting for products that Americas can get right away. this is nothing new to us. So you have to wait for this one, Deal with it lol this is usually the reality for us Canadians! Blackberry is a Canadian company and Canada and the UK have supported Blackberry unlike a lot of the US. Why wouldn't they hit them first with the z10?
    Thanked by 2:
    BB12MX (01-30-2013),  tharrison4815 (01-30-2013) 
  4. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    11,567 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,370 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    ... if it fits a consumers needs the day it is available, why not?
    BergerKing likes this.
  5. SlcCorrado's Avatar
    BlackBerry

    Posts
    6,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,161 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Uhhh, cuz it's awesome. Jeez
    BB4Life
    BergerKing likes this.
  6. aeldes1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    125 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    The wait is most likely due to US carrier certification, which is typically (and unnecessarily) more comprehensive than that of other carriers. They all have arbitrary requirements which aren't present anywhere else in the world.

    You can still buy it unlocked, for sure.
    BergerKing and MoolahMitch like this.
  7. hitnar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask!!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Then everyone gets upset when app developers in the US market take the wait and see approach. Most of the major apps anounced today is not available yet. It will be in the future, no one knows when.
  8. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DPanacci View Post
    as i stated in another post ( http://forums.crackberry.com/general...period-765590/ ) Canadians are always waiting for products that Americas can get right away. this is nothing new to us. So you have to wait for this one, Deal with it lol this is usually the reality for us Canadians! Blackberry is a Canadian company and Canada and the UK have supported Blackberry unlike a lot of the US. Why wouldn't they hit them first with the z10?

    This is quite the misnomer, ever heard of the FDA?
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

    BergerKing likes this.
  9. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,388 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry.
    How have you come to this conclusion, if the UK carriers are selling it immediately and Canadian carriers are selling it within the week? Why have only the US carriers been slow?


    All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    Really? Absolutely all of them? Every last one?
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    BergerKing likes this.
  10. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,472 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitnar View Post
    It is ridicules that US blackberry users have to wait another 6 weeks before getting a blackberry Z10. Europe is using the phone as you read this. Canadian’s will have theirs this weekend/next week. This is not a carrier because none of the carriers in the US will/can launch the device until sometime in March…Sprint users, they are worst because Sprint could care less.
    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry. They already lost support in the US and now they made it worst…All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    You have to wait a little while and you throw your toys out of the pram?
    It's hard to dispel the American stereotype when we constantly see things like this.
    Do you actually believe Blackberry would purposely delay the phones release in the US after spending a ridiculous amount of money on a Superbowl ad that has next to no return on it outside the US?
    Keep in mind the US carriers can pretty much tell Blackberry what to do since Blackberry have next to no pull inside the US and you actually believe that Blackberry are holding out on the US carriers?
    My bet is the carriers are trying to make as much money as they can from blackberry 10 which is why they are not ready to release
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    devinthomas and DPanacci like this.
  11. adamssuds's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Great job BlackBerry!
  12. jimpilot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,468 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,539 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aeldes1 View Post
    The wait is most likely due to US carrier certification, which is typically (and unnecessarily) more comprehensive than that of other carriers. They all have arbitrary requirements which aren't present anywhere else in the world.

    You can still buy it unlocked, for sure.
    I was just wondering what is nvolved in US carriers testing that takes so long. What tests do they do that others don't that take so long?
  13. avt123's Avatar
    O.G.

    Posts
    12,139 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,322 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DPanacci View Post
    as i stated in another post ( http://forums.crackberry.com/general...period-765590/ ) Canadians are always waiting for products that Americas can get right away. this is nothing new to us. So you have to wait for this one, Deal with it lol this is usually the reality for us Canadians! Blackberry is a Canadian company and Canada and the UK have supported Blackberry unlike a lot of the US. Why wouldn't they hit them first with the z10?
    Your country has a smaller population than our largest state. Did you ever think that may be the reason why you have to wait?

    Just because you always have to play the waiting game doesn't mean you should underestimate or overlook the US markets importance.

    Americans use to be diehard BB users. I'm sorry Americans realized RIM was slipping before the rest of the world did. We are the reason they are falling. We will be the reason for their rise to the top, just like the last time.
    Thanked by 2:
    Clinto (01-30-2013),  hitnar (01-30-2013) 
  14. mark37724's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitnar View Post
    It is ridicules that US blackberry users have to wait another 6 weeks before getting a blackberry Z10. Europe is using the phone as you read this. Canadian’s will have theirs this weekend/next week. This is not a carrier because none of the carriers in the US will/can launch the device until sometime in March…Sprint users, they are worst because Sprint could care less.
    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry. They already lost support in the US and now they made it worst…All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    I think someone needs a time out & a nap to get over their temper tantrum. Grow up & deal with it. You'll get it soon enough.
  15. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,472 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Your country has a smaller population than our largest state. Did you even think that may be the reason why you have to wait?

    Americans use to be diehard BB users. I'm sorry Americans realized RIM was slipping before the rest of the world did. We are the reason they are falling. We will be the reason for their rise to the top, just like the last time.
    what has population sizes have to do with waiting?
    what absolute nonsense.
    if something is ready, its ready to go, no matter how large or small a population...
    look to the carriers for this one, it was already said the delay was due to testing.
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    cjcampbell likes this.
  16. hitnar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask!!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Your country has a smaller population than our largest state. Did you even think that may be the reason why you have to wait?

    Americans use to be diehard BB users. I'm sorry Americans realized RIM was slipping before the rest of the world did. We are the reason they are falling. We will be the reason for their rise to the top, just like the last time.
    Thank you.
  17. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimpilot View Post
    I was just wondering what is nvolved in US carriers testing that takes so long. What tests do they do that others don't that take so long?

    Probably something along these lines. Typical of a US corporation, outsource it....


    The NAC - Mobile Phone Lab and Field Testing
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

    Thanked by:
    jimpilot (01-30-2013) 
  18. avt123's Avatar
    O.G.

    Posts
    12,139 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,322 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkehawke View Post
    what has population sizes have to do with waiting?
    what absolute nonsense.
    if something is ready, its ready to go, no matter how large or small a population...
    look to the carriers for this one, it was already said the delay was due to testing.
    You clearly didn't read what I said, if you did you would know my comments were directly towards the poster, not towards RIM.

    Please read first before commenting, and if it takes you two times, do read it again. American has a bigger and wealthier market. You honestly don't think that makes a difference?
  19. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,472 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimpilot View Post
    I was just wondering what is nvolved in US carriers testing that takes so long. What tests do they do that others don't that take so long?
    testing probably means negogiating with carriers just how much of a slice they can have...
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    BergerKing likes this.
  20. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,472 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    You clearly didn't read what I said, if you did you would know my comments were directly towards the poster, not towards RIM.

    Please read first before commenting.
    you mentioned population as a reason for having to wait for things.
    i read that fine. and i say it has nothing to do with having to wait.
    i'm have no idea what your point is here, there must be a crossed wire because i have reread the comment i quoted and still can not see what i have missed in my reply?
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  21. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    11,567 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,370 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimpilot View Post
    I was just wondering what is nvolved in US carriers testing that takes so long. What tests do they do that others don't that take so long?
    It takes time to add nonsense like bloatware and Carrier IQ.
  22. jimpilot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,468 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,539 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    Probably something along these lines. Typical of a US corporation, outsource it....


    The NAC - Mobile Phone Lab and Field Testing
    Thanks that helps but after reading through their summary can't see anything that takes however long they have had the phones for test to date plus 2 more months.
  23. jimpilot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,468 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,539 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    It takes time to add nonsense like bloatware and Carrier IQ.
    That is closer to the truth I fear.
  24. CanAm89's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    68 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    US buyers will buy it because they've been following the leaks and updates, getting emails from RIM and are tuned into to BlackBerry 10.

    Just because Thor didn't dance on iPhone/Android graves, and smash Apples and Jelly Beans into the crowd with a Calloway Titanium driver, doesn't mean it still isn't the same BlackBerry 10 we've been following, and excited to see in "Official" form.

    They'll buy it because its what they want.
    You're delusional if you think "US buyers" will buy it because they've following all the info surrounding BB10.

    It's the same way elections work- You DO NOT need to pander or convert your base. It's the opposition that you must convince.

    Your average smartphone user already doesn't follow or give a crap about Blackberry, and this is just one more failure on a long list of missed opportunities in the mind of the average consumer.
    jimpilot likes this.
  25. irrebkcalB's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    158 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    You clearly didn't read what I said, if you did you would know my comments were directly towards the poster, not towards RIM.

    Please read first before commenting, and if it takes you two times, do read it again. American has a bigger and wealthier market. You honestly don't think that makes a difference?
    Actually, according to recent stats Canada is wealthier than the US on a per capita basis. However the US market is a magnitude larger than Canada's which makes the US very important to BB. The US release delay is a total bummer in many ways.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. This is why Playbook fails in Best Buys
    By jamezalexander in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 11:03 AM
  2. Why should anyone buy a playbook.
    By malachijd07 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 04:32 AM
  3. A Few Things RIM Should Keep in Mind to Make BlackBerry 10 a Success
    By JPMorgan_ in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 09:21 PM
  4. Anyone in Michigan looking to buy a jet-ski???
    By whytseyed in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
  5. Buy in US for use in UK ?
    By SGH in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions