I searched the forums and internet before I posted here to no avail.

I don't understand why this page on RIM's website which is actually linked from the main navbar is still saying Device Software Version is 4.5??

They won't let me submit a link but can you kindly go to blackberry website, hit software from the top navbar and then click device software on the left navbar

I have 4.3.1 installed on my Blackberry Bold which was recently updated through Desktop Manager.
    12-29-09 08:31 PM
    First off, I don't think you have 4.3 on your Bold. The Bold came to life with OS 4.6 on it - there was never an OS 4.3 for the Bold. You might want to check your Bold by typing MYVER to verify your OS.

There are also two parts to the OS: the operating system, and the native applications on top of the OS. You'll notice on your About page, both numbers are listed. You might find you were reading the application version instead of the OS version.

The other thing to note is that OS versions are released through your carrier. It is best to go to your carrier's site to get the latest official OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 08:49 PM
    Gosh I am so sorry... I mistyped in my Device manager software version...totally different

Yes I meant to say 4.6.
    So that still doesn't answer why there website is saying 4.5????

Thanks for clearing up my head. Its driving me crazy why a company like rim would have such a humongous error on their website.
    12-29-09 08:59 PM
    Can Someone answer this question please?

Why does the RIM website advertising an update to Device Software 4.5 when most devices such as Bold started at 4.6 and now in fact every new device is coming out with OS 5.0

Please help clear up this confusion.

Thank you.
    01-05-10 03:31 PM
    I dont think your going to find a answer from us we dont work for rim
    01-05-10 03:46 PM
    An answer might be from asking "What is the most popular BB sold"?

The answer to that is the Curve 83xx series. Even with all the different models out there, the Curve seems to still be their bread & butter device. That will probably change now that the 85xx series is out.

What is the highest OS for the 83xx Curve? 4.5. It may be easier to explain to other users that they have a newer OS version rather than trying to explain to Curve users why they don't have the latest OS (4.6/4.7/5.0). Most Curve's won't see anything higher that 4.5 (although the 8330 does have a leaked 5.0 beta).
    01-05-10 05:55 PM
    I connected to my desktop manager on christmas and it updated my curve 8330 to 5.0.0.230. It was a surprise to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD