Hi everyone, I am a proud owner of both a Q10 and a Z10. I previously owned an iphone 4. I am sick and tired of people who no longer own a blackberry, or people who seem to think the brand is DEAD continuing to ad their 2 cents on this site. If you have truly given up on the brand then why visit this site? Why aren't you looking at an apple or android site? My phones are top notch for browsing and messaging, and the apps continue to arrive. If your current phone is so superior, then why continue to even think about Blackberry? Please answer that question.
    07-06-13 10:12 AM
    Hi everyone, I am a proud owner of both a Q10 and a Z10. I previously owned an iphone 4. I am sick and tired of people who no longer own a blackberry, or people who seem to think the brand is DEAD continuing to ad their 2 cents on this site. If you have truly given up on the brand then why visit this site? Why aren't you looking at an apple or android site? My phones are top notch for browsing and messaging, and the apps continue to arrive. If your current phone is so superior, then why continue to even think about Blackberry? Please answer that question.
    Well for myself because I am interested in the sector as a whole and this is the best place to discuss BlackBerry, I pop over to the other mobile nation sites to discuss the other players (oddly although I do have an android device I rarely go into android centre, it is just too big to be a community) - we don't actually have a mobile nations forum so it is the way things have to be.

the stock thread in particular is a wealth of interesting and insightful conversation - people should chill out, we are taking mobile phones not if your mother took on a rugby team.

I guess the way I think about it, as an atheist I can't get worked up about any of the 'gods'
    07-06-13 10:26 AM
    Because we have been long time supporters of BlackBerry (official corporate name is still Research in Motion) and lost faith when they forgot to innovate several years ago and the former Co-CEOs decided to ignore the iPhone as a fad.

We watched as people dropped their BlackBerrys like hotcakes and we wanted to believe in BB10 and in all the QNX hype. Much of it generated here. We could no longer evangalize a product we didn't believe in.

So we waited. And some were disappointed. I want BlackBerry to succeed, but they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

And, until the site owners decide otherwise, it is important to hear both sides of the argument and not just "I luv my Z10".
    07-06-13 10:29 AM
    @Op, Been asking myself the same questions since January.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    07-06-13 10:33 AM
    I believe the disinterest and concern about BlackBerry began long before January.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-06-13 10:43 AM
    I think they come here just to troll you op! They know that after 4 posts you're just sick and tired of the whole thing! Yes, it is those blasted Americans... Not to mention the eurotrash, and the sneaky Asians!

I don't know if they will answer you, but you did say please, and I know your post is just a sincere intellectual inquiry.... No venting or trolling there. Anyways, welcome! I can see you are a bit why being very new here and all. Don't be bashful! :-)

Maybe for post #5, you can expand on who shouldn't be here, what attitude posters must have, and why Americans are no good! (I think it's the water down there)[/sarcasm]
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-06-13 at 11:33 AM.
    07-06-13 10:46 AM
    Well for myself because I am interested in the sector as a whole and this is the best place to discuss BlackBerry, I pop over to the other mobile nation sites to discuss the other players (oddly although I do have an android device I rarely go into android centre, it is just too big to be a community) - we don't actually have a mobile nations forum so it is the way things have to be.

the stock thread in particular is a wealth of interesting and insightful conversation - people should chill out, we are taking mobile phones not if your mother took on a rugby team.

I guess the way I think about it, as an atheist I can't get worked up about any of the 'gods'
    http://forums.mobilenations.com/
    07-06-13 10:48 AM
    Huh I stand corrected! Only problem is that discussion of any of the major OSes seems to take you to the individual forums.
    07-06-13 10:50 AM
    Hi everyone, I am a proud owner of both a Q10 and a Z10. I previously owned an iphone 4. I am sick and tired of people who no longer own a blackberry, or people who seem to think the brand is DEAD (Typically our friends to the South) continuing to ad their 2 cents on this site. If you have truly given up on the brand then why visit this site? Why aren't you looking at an apple or android site? My phones are top notch for browsing and messaging, and the apps continue to arrive. If your current phone is so superior, then why continue to even think about Blackberry? Please answer that question.
    I am your friend from the south I never wrote off BlackBerry even through the times when most just laughed at me for still owning legacy devices. I am a proud owner now of Z10. But like everything there are things I wish were addresed but the same goes for IPHONE. Still all and all will get a Sony Ericsson before I get an IPhone if I could not have a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    The Aficionado likes this.
    07-06-13 10:53 AM
    And here I thought those people feel they are in the majority and get to feel that little something they think is confidence by sparking frustration or seeking another's depression by kicking them around with the weight of their chosen platform's sales figures. Whoopity-d@mn-doo.

Useless. Like anyone who loves something can have their mind changed so easily by some arrogant attempt to "hurt someone's feelings."
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-06-13 10:54 AM
    Because misery loves company

Posted via CB10
    QuickDime, h20work, ATMJOE and 3 others like this.
    07-06-13 10:57 AM
    I hope that you call a doctor soon and get some rest. It's a phone forum; please don't get so worked up about the things that you see here.

I visit this forum primarily for two reasons. One, I am interested in all smartphones and mobile operating systems. CrackBerry has more information on BlackBerry than some of the other more general phone blogs and websites that I visit. The second is that some of the posts on here are quite entertaining.

While I technically own a BlackBerry, I'm not a user since the Bold 9900 is sitting in a drawer right now. I wanted to be a Z10 user, but that didn't work out. I'm keeping up with A10 rumors to see if I want to try again, or wait for BlackBerry's 2014 devices.

By the way, I don't make the argument that my phones are superior, at least not in the universal sense. I recognize that people have different needs and wants and that different phones/platforms will satisfy different people.

Finally, the forum is available to anyone that wants to register and post on it. I see that you found this to be true for you and it is true for me, too.
    07-06-13 11:01 AM
    Blackberry/RIM used to be a major player in our industry, for a while THE major player. So, from that perspective it is interesting to follow along and discuss what is happening to this company.

There are many people here with strong emotional and/or patriotic commitment to Blackberry. Then there are many who are just interested in the company, but not necessarily emotionally invested in its future. I think both groups have something useful to add to this discussion, as long the discussion is civil and at least mildly intelligent.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 07-06-13 at 11:16 AM.
    07-06-13 11:05 AM
    Yeah it's been a little much on the hate side of things lately on the forums!

BlackBerry has challenges for sure but if you watch the news, read online at other sites, BB is dead everyday again! The last thing i want to see at CB is the same god damm proclamations!

Let's talk about some of the issues and hopefully as a community we can resolve a work around or bring it to the company's attention for hopefully a quick fix!

I'm beyond sick and tired of the I went to Android or whatever and people coming to re affirm there descion to leave and in turn end up bashing what seems to be working for 70 million people at the moment! I've also tried to stop going into those types of threads.

Everyone keeps talking about the numbers did they under perform... absolutely! But did we improve from last quarter I think so.... didn't we lose almost $600 million last quarter???? We only lost 80 million this time, with this logic why is it not possible we could be in the black next quarter????

Just my ten cents!

Swiped On My Zed10
    07-06-13 11:05 AM
    Sometimes we just need to let off a little steam.

Don't take it personal, water off a ducks back, water off a ducks back.

Posted by an android user, soon to be a BlackBerry user.
    The Aficionado and xanadome like this.
    07-06-13 11:13 AM
    Yeah it's been a little much on the hate side of things lately on the forums!

BlackBerry has challenges for sure but if you watch the news, read online at other sites, BB is dead everyday again! The last thing i want to see at CB is the same god damm proclamations!

Let's talk about some of the issues and hopefully as a community we can resolve a work around or bring it to the company's attention for hopefully a quick fix!

I'm beyond sick and tired of the I went to Android or whatever and people coming to re affirm there descion to leave and in turn end up bashing what seems to be working for 70 million people at the moment! I've also tried to stop going into those types of threads.

Everyone keeps talking about the numbers did they under perform... absolutely! But did we improve from last quarter I think so.... didn't we lose almost $600 million last quarter???? We only lost 80 million this time, with this logic why is it not possible we could be in the black next quarter????

Just my ten cents!

Swiped On My Zed10

Ignore them, simple.
    richardat likes this.
    07-06-13 11:16 AM
    BlackBerry fandom is a bit on the religious side. Either you are with us or we kill/ban you.
    Doesn't work that way in real life.

Please remember that blind faith is what help lead BlackBerry into its current condition. Everything is fine. The 9900 is the best BlackBerry ever (OK, it was). No need to change.

ANd now it is a struggle to be #3 and it is not fine.
    07-06-13 11:18 AM
    Op, you should hope that people using other devices stop by here (even murcans as they have one of the most lucrative phone markets) as they could be future BB customers. Contrary to what you may read around here, it will take more than fanboys for BB to succeed.
    07-06-13 11:18 AM
    I believe the disinterest and concern about BlackBerry began long before January.
    This true but it was kicked up a notch at launch

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    not biased and ibpluto like this.
    07-06-13 11:23 AM
    I'm still using my 9900 and Playbook, and I check here occasionally to see if there is any news of updates. That's about it.

I used to care about the future of Blackberry/RIM...now I don't.
    07-06-13 11:24 AM
    Op, you should hope that people using other devices stop by here (even murcans as they have one of the most lucrative phone markets) as they could be future BB customers. Contrary to what you may read around here, it will take more than fanboys for BB to succeed.
    True as that is, there most certainly is the odd member who seems intent on stirring the pot.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    07-06-13 11:26 AM
    Just because I hate my wife at times, it doesn't mean I want to leave her. Same thing on this site. Yes, BlackBerry ticks people off, but we still want a relationship. If that takes drilling some sense into them, then so be it.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 11:32 AM
    Just because I hate my wife at times, it doesn't mean I want to leave her. Same thing on this site. Yes, BlackBerry ticks people off, but we still want a relationship. If that takes drilling some sense into them, then so be it.

Posted via CB10
    A catchy phrase I heard a long time ago - "Just because I am in bed with you doesn't mean that I love you".
    07-06-13 11:33 AM
    personally i find android central too big and separated into too many sub forums for the same device (like 5-6 carrier sub forumsper device) so i frequent xda instead and imore is rather dull as almost everyone is mature and replies with well backed up arguments but then there are hardly any interesting threads as their phones mostly work and arent very customisable, although i dont like trolls and bashers i find some threads entertaining to read through and i love reading the crazier spins on some threads from bb fanatics.

i also stuck around after selling my 9900 because this platform is completely new and its interesting to watch it develop and add new features, i just dont want to buy a bb10 device until it will match my needs completely and how else am i going to find out what features are going to arrive and enrich the experience if i dont check the biggest blackberry fansite around. i want blackberry to succeed as much as any other platform, just because we own a different brand doesnt automatically mean we have no knowledge or valuable input or that we want to troll and bash.

lastly i see a lot of people blurting out misinformation on the other brands capabilities vs blackberry to make blackberry look better which some members with multiple os's will correct in a polite manner, its good to have people on both sides so that facts are given rather than what people assume
    07-06-13 11:37 AM
    I think what the op is trying to say that there are some members on the site that have no devices from BlackBerry and never have anything positive to say about them only negative. So the op is questioning why are those individuals part of a BlackBerry community. And with respect to our neighbours to the south, it's no surprise that they will be the ones that TYPICALLY will support BlackBerry the least globally due to the given marketshare.. notice he didn't say ALL neighbours to the South. So try to relax people.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-06-13 11:39 AM
122 123 ...