A thread pops up daily about advertising and sales numbers and opening stores and blah blah blah. How many times does BB have to say on record that these things are meaningless to them. You aren't going to see advertising for BB phones because BB isn't trying to capture the consumer market right now. They have said numerous times that they are focusing on the enterprise market. They aren't going to waste money on advertising or opening stores or doing any of the the things that you see Apple, Samsung, HTC, or Motorola do. It just isn't going to happen right now. I just find it amazing that people are still wondering about these things and waiting for some massive marketing blitz that isn't going to happen.
    JesseBabe23 and Shadowyugi like this.
    08-31-14 07:27 AM
    I believe Blackberry's plan is much different than a lot of poster's expectations . They still want BlackBerry to take on Android and Apple in the consumer market. They still think there is a battle going on even though the war is over.

Q10, N5, N10.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-31-14 07:42 AM
    You really don't need to create such misleading and arrogant thread. All your posts are negative in some way.

BlackBerry is not doing consumer focus marketing today doesn't mean they will not do it in the future once the next generation killing phones come out.

Actually I already feel they doing hidden marketing for Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 07:44 AM
    You really don't need to create such misleading and arrogant thread. All your posts are negative in some way.

BlackBerry is not doing consumer focus marketing today doesn't mean they will not do it in the future once the next generation killing phones come out.

Actually I already feel they doing hidden marketing for Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I do not find OP is being arrogant or misleading. We see more threads from armchair critics telling BlackBerry should do this and do that to be successful or explaining away why the company fail or why the company was in it's current situation. I find many of these people are incredible naive not to acknowledge or at least do a little research the health of BlackBerry is in right now. Certainly all companies have a roadmap as to their future plan. It's presumptuous to think that all these future plan are going to happen IF BlackBerry sell enough hardware increase their enterprise markets, monetized their softwares and etc...etc... It's like hearing someone talking about what he or she will do if he/she strike the lottery jackpot. I mean it's fun to speculate. Unfortunately, quite a few take it as a fact that BlackBerry will definitely survive current crisis and be able to return to the glory of yesteryear. The comparison with Apple that has cash reserve of $159 Billion, Microsoft has $84 Billion, Samsung has $60 Billion and BlackBerry has $3 Billion. Not to mention, other than BlackBerry the rest of these companies do sell other devices besides phone. Who is arrogant and who is misleading? Numbers do not lie. I have vested interest in BlackBerry as a company. But I'm not going to sit inside a well and look up the sky and assume the size of the sky is as big as the opening of the well.
    kbz1960, grydlok, TgeekB and 5 others like this.
    08-31-14 11:50 AM
    Because people refuse to believe that BlackBerry isn't trying to woo consumers.

I think it will be a longtime before BlackBerry aggressively goes after the average consumer. The Amazon App Store is fine, but I get the feeling that it's just to placate the existing users who are average consumers. I'm not complaining though, I just want a Passport and a Classic already. I'm an average consumer, but BlackBerry phones just do everything I want my phone to do better than the others.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    08-31-14 02:18 PM

I think it will be a longtime before BlackBerry aggressively goes after the average consumer. The Amazon App Store is fine, but I get the feeling that it's just to placate the existing users who are average consumers. I'm not complaining though, I just want a Passport and a Classic already. I'm an average consumer, but BlackBerry phones just do everything I want my phone to do better than the others.

Posted via CB10
    Base on the number of people who own BlackBerry devices versus the other platforms, I doubt we are consider the average consumers. Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 and kbz1960 like this.
    08-31-14 02:24 PM
    I believe Blackberry's plan is much different than a lot of poster's expectations . They still want BlackBerry to take on Android and Apple in the consumer market. They still think there is a battle going on even though the war is over.

Q10, N5, N10.
    excellent summary
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    08-31-14 10:57 PM
    I do not find OP is being arrogant or misleading. We see more threads from armchair critics telling BlackBerry should do this and do that to be successful or explaining away why the company fail or why the company was in it's current situation. I find many of these people are incredible naive not to acknowledge or at least do a little research the health of BlackBerry is in right now. Certainly all companies have a roadmap as to their future plan. It's presumptuous to think that all these future plan are going to happen IF BlackBerry sell enough hardware increase their enterprise markets, monetized their softwares and etc...etc... It's like hearing someone talking about what he or she will do if he/she strike the lottery jackpot. I mean it's fun to speculate. Unfortunately, quite a few take it as a fact that BlackBerry will definitely survive current crisis and be able to return to the glory of yesteryear. The comparison with Apple that has cash reserve of $159 Billion, Microsoft has $84 Billion, Samsung has $60 Billion and BlackBerry has $3 Billion. Not to mention, other than BlackBerry the rest of these companies do sell other devices besides phone. Who is arrogant and who is misleading? Numbers do not lie. I have vested interest in BlackBerry as a company. But I'm not going to sit inside a well and look up the sky and assume the size of the sky is as big as the opening of the well.
    It is naive to say other people naive, isn't it? Who was speculation? You compare business plan to jackpot lottery? 159 billion is nothing compared to whole capital market. Trillions of money are played in bond market and stock market. Any company is a drop in the ocean. Every big company starts from small. Don't be a frog in the well like what you said!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 01:02 AM
    This is just how the industry works. Let's face it. BlackBerry is a consumer (as in it is sold to the public) tech company. As such, it will always be compared to other tech companies, and the only comparisons that matters to economists are sales, profits, market share, etc. The situation doesn't matter to them.

Take Apple for instance. People are screaming the end of iOS by Android etc. but don't realize that it's only because they don't compete in the low to mid end markets. They continue to completely dominate the high end market, and despite impressive growth of year over year sales and profit, they are still being pressed to gain back market share that they never really lost.

Situation can never convince people that dropping sales are actually a good thing and is all part of the plan. And I hope that BlackBerry knows that.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 02:46 AM
    But Blackberry is still wooing consumers. The Z3, that was launched in Jakarta, as well as the Z3 LTE were certainly not aimed at enterprise.

Some posters take the stuff that comes out of Chen too seriously. You have to understand that it is all PRspeak or corporatespeak. If Heins could outright lie about selling tens of millions of Q10s, Chen could lie about the company's focus to give the company an appearance of direction to investors.

But, in reality, Blackberry's current position in enterprise is not strong and it will need to do everything in its power to find the spaghetti that sticks and to hedge its bets. This includes a presence in consumer markets.
    09-01-14 06:06 AM
    We are the consumers in the end. We are the end part of this game. We know what BlackBerry is missing and we do our part by suggesting from our prospective

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    09-01-14 06:18 AM
    Because people here like BlackBerry and have an interest in the company and its operations. No different than fans of a specific car company, computer manufacturer or a sports team. It's simply BlackBerry enthusiasts sharing their interest in BlackBerry. If you don't like reading such posts or forums, then don't read them.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 03:20 PM
    Ummmm because that's what BlackBerry is missing? People always tend to complain about problems lol

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 03:54 PM
    A thread pops up daily about advertising and sales numbers and opening stores and blah blah blah. How many times does BB have to say on record that these things are meaningless to them. You aren't going to see advertising for BB phones because BB isn't trying to capture the consumer market right now. They have said numerous times that they are focusing on the enterprise market. They aren't going to waste money on advertising or opening stores or doing any of the the things that you see Apple, Samsung, HTC, or Motorola do. It just isn't going to happen right now. I just find it amazing that people are still wondering about these things and waiting for some massive marketing blitz that isn't going to happen.
    if they aren't in the consumer market they should not offer their devices at phone carriers store since the less than 3% of Enterprise that still buy Blackberry DO NOT shop in stores.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-01-14 04:17 PM
    Crackberry is a fantasy-land for Blackberry fans. A magical place where leaked naked celebrity pics means consumers will flock to BB10. A place where ordinary smartphone customers bypass all that the carriers are pushing and buy their smartphones direct. Where a couple of strategically places kiosks sell the millions of devices a year to bring Blackberry back into the smartphone race.

QNX develops into the automobile AI letting cars drive themselves, fix themselves, and talk to each other and everything else. And where the backbone of the Internet of things isn't Google, Microsoft, Amazon or Cisco but...wait for it.... Blackberry.

Finally, a land where Apple and Google inexplicably stop doing anything innovative in mobile and allow magical BB10 to be the most advanced platform by serving the fewest users. It's truly magic, folks.
    09-01-14 04:56 PM
    It is naive to say other people naive, isn't it? Who was speculation? You compare business plan to jackpot lottery? 159 billion is nothing compared to whole capital market. Trillions of money are played in bond market and stock market. Any company is a drop in the ocean. Every big company starts from small. Don't be a frog in the well like what you said!

Posted via CB10
    We are talking about BlackBerry specifically. Not trillions of dollars. Only perhaps under $3 billions. In a very competitive environment. Against the companies I mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:30 PM
    Crackberry is a fantasy-land for Blackberry fans. A magical place where leaked naked celebrity pics means consumers will flock to BB10. A place where ordinary smartphone customers bypass all that the carriers are pushing and buy their smartphones direct. Where a couple of strategically places kiosks sell the millions of devices a year to bring Blackberry back into the smartphone race.

QNX develops into the automobile AI letting cars drive themselves, fix themselves, and talk to each other and everything else. And where the backbone of the Internet of things isn't Google, Microsoft, Amazon or Cisco but...wait for it.... Blackberry.

Finally, a land where Apple and Google inexplicably stop doing anything innovative in mobile and allow magical BB10 to be the most advanced platform by serving the fewest users. It's truly magic, folks.
    More like a waking dream for all haters of BlackBerry's awesomeness!
    09-01-14 06:06 PM

Good read!

Sent from my N5
    09-01-14 06:11 PM