Has anyone else noticed how the people at att and best buy are complete jerks when you ask them about blackberry products?
    Best buy sells the PP and other Blackberry phones online but when you go in the store, they actually laugh at you if you ask about Blackberry. Hello Best Buy! You still sell BlackBerry! Why treat potential customers like trash? And they are always completely ignorant as to how much Blackberry has blown the competition out of the water. Why don't they train their phone sales clerks to actually learn about the products they sell??

And Att has the Classic and PP in the store, but I have noticed that they are almost always not working and no employee there cares to fix them! One time the PP wasn't even out for display and the Classic wasn't plugged in so you literally couldn't even test one. and they are always rude and dismissive when I ask them about it. I get it that the masses are totally unaware that Blackberry still exists, but what gives??

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:10 PM
    Dude where have you been? It's been like this for years. All US carriers are like that. I went to a TMobile store and they weren't all that bad I have to admit but I do my best to stay away from the stores.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:15 PM
    Yea, it's horrible. I got similar treatment in TMOBILE a few years ago. I had to go back in the TMobile store for a Mico Sim for my Classic, and the employee in there (that wasn't an iPhone user) was actually more open to hearing what I had to say about Blackberry. He stated that he felt iPhones were overrated and that you could get so much more(including your "freedom") with using Android or Blackberry! I was pleasantly surprised by his reaction and willingness to have positive dialog about the device I had just purchased via shopBB.

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    10-19-15 01:20 PM
    Probably should just read as follows [insert carrier or store of your choice]

Has anyone else noticed how the people at att and best buy are complete jerks......?
    10-19-15 01:23 PM
    After the Storm deceved, most american carriers fear to lose money when selling BlackBerry devices
    10-19-15 01:28 PM
    After the Storm deceved, most american carriers fear to lose money when selling BlackBerry devices
    I hear you..but if as a company you are going to sell a product and NOT promote it, you are wasting money..if you are going to sell a product and NOT train your staff to sell it, you are wasting money..and if you are going to sell a product, make space for it on the showroom floor but don't have the demos working, as a company (say it with me folks) "you are wasting money"!

10-19-15 01:58 PM
    Yes! Exactly. I want to say 'you are the guys selling the device! Maybe if you actually knew one iota about it, you would sell some!'...and you would probably buy some yourself and become a Blackberry lover

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:41 PM
    Yes! Exactly. I want to say 'you are the guys selling the device! Maybe if you actually knew one iota about it, you would sell some!'...and you would probably buy some yourself and become a Blackberry lover

Posted via CB10
    It's common sense really.. Train your employees about the Blackberrys since it's obvious those devices will actually need a salesman VS iPhones and Androids that sell themselves! Not so say they are better but most people that go into a store for an iPhone, already have their mind maid up anyway of what phone they are about to buy! A drug dealer doesn't need a salesman, he/she just needs someone to take the money..thats all these employees are to Apple and Android, a warm body there to take the money! The main thing you need a salesman for is to actually use his/her skills to sell a product to someone "on the fence" on buying something. If I wasn't a techsavvy person, I would want to know ALL my choices not just the one YOU like!

10-19-15 03:15 PM
    Haha this thread is so 2012

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 03:23 PM
    Haha this thread is so 2012

Posted via CB10
    Damn shame it's still going on in 2015..just like racism("its so 1800s")

10-19-15 03:47 PM
    It's common sense really.. Train your employees about the Blackberrys since it's obvious those devices will actually need a salesman VS iPhones and Androids that sell themselves! Not so say they are better but most people that go into a store for an iPhone, already have their mind maid up anyway of what phone they are about to buy! A drug dealer doesn't need a salesman, he/she just needs someone to take the money..thats all these employees are to Apple and Android, a warm body there to take the money! The main thing you need a salesman for is to actually use his/her skills to sell a product to someone "on the fence" on buying something. If I wasn't a techsavvy person, I would want to know ALL my choices not just the one YOU like!

The problem for BB is that its not AT&T's job to train their employees on BB phones, its BB's job. Ask any phone store employee when the last time they talked to a BB rep. Then ask them when they talked to a Samsung or Apple rep. The Version store around the corner from my office has the Samsung rep come in on a regular basis. Makes sure their phones are working and hands out freebies (nice cases) to the employees.

Guess what phones they use and push? Why, because they know them really well because they get frequent updates from the rep.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-19-15 03:56 PM
    The problem for BB is that its not AT&T's job to train their employees on BB phones, its BB's job. Ask any phone store employee when the last time they talked to a BB rep. Then ask them when they talked to a Samsung or Apple rep. The Version store around the corner from my office has the Samsung rep come in on a regular basis. Makes sure their phones are working and hands out freebies (nice cases) to the employees.

Guess what phones they use and push? Why, because they know them really well because they get frequent updates from the rep.
    Cost money... but hey!

BlackBerry will have to work and succeed with he resources at hand... :-)
    Hope they can improve and follow Samsung...

Yes, I've seen a lady wearing a Sammy shirt do this, and we're a small city 1000miles from the state capital! :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-19-15 04:10 PM

I understand where their knowledge might come from, but it doesn't change the fact that all these stores carry different products, and it's their job to be able to sell any product that is under their roof. Just because a BB rep hasn't been in their store lately doesn't change the fact that their location still offers BBs and it would be nice if they knew something about a product that is sold in the store they are currently employed in! As a potential customer, I don't want to get the "eye roll" or the "sigh under the breath" routine when I ask about a product..BB or not. If I go into Starbucks and order something that is rarely ordered that the employee has little to no knowledge about, does that give the salesperson the right to roll their eyes and ask me why do I want that particular drink?? No..!

10-19-15 04:17 PM
    They do not sell! Why should they waste their time training employees about something that doesn't sell? They are busy enough selling handsets that do sell. If 1 person per month wants a Blackberry they can go get one out of the back. Sorry, but this thread makes no sense.
    10-19-15 04:41 PM
    They do not sell! Why should they waste their time training employees about something that doesn't sell? They are busy enough selling handsets that do sell. If 1 person per month wants a Blackberry they can go get one out of the back. Sorry, but this thread makes no sense.
    "Why waste their time" you ask?? Because the CEOs of these companies agree to carry the product..if they carry it, they should know how to sell it..period! And like I said before, these employees aren't busy selling devices that sell themselves, they are just there to collect money / debit cards. If I walk in to buy an iPhone 6, I don't need your help showing me the phone, all I need is a WORKING DEMO to decide if I want it..thats it!

10-19-15 04:50 PM
    This is simply the realities of any retail business.

If you sold air conditioners, and you stocked 5 brands, 2 of which represented 95% of your sales (nearly all of them to satisfied customers), and 1 of which was rarely sold, and often returned when it was sold (causing you to take a loss), and that brand was difficult to service and repair, would you have any of your employees recommend that brand? No, you'd steer as many of them away from that brand as possible, and only sell to people insisting on buying that brand.

Then consider that cell phone "salespersons" are a high turn-over position, meaning an average cell phone store will have 100% staff turn-over every 9-12 months. That means if there hasn't been a manufacturer rep in the store for 12 months, that no one in the store will have ever seen a rep from that brand. With very low sales and no sales rep interaction, that brand effectively doesn't exist, except on the rare occasion when some customer comes in insisting on buying that product by name.

Most franchise stores don't carry BB phones at all (not worth the trouble and expense of stocking them), and most carrier stores probably only carry them because of a corporate agreement to do so, not because they are a phone that makes enough money to justify keeping it in inventory for the carrier.

That may sound harsh, but in a highly competitive business, you can't afford to be sentimental about these things - it has to make business sense too.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    10-19-15 04:57 PM
    Take the emotion out of the equation. Does every store, whether it be grocery, sporting goods, etc. have an obligation to push every item? If it doesn't sell they replace it on the shelf with something that will. Business 101. Trust me, if the Priv sells well they will know all about it, give it shelf space front and center, and be happy to show it to everyone who walks in the door. If not...it's as simple as that.
    10-19-15 04:59 PM
    "Why waste their time" you ask?? Because the CEOs of these companies agree to carry the product..if they carry it, they should know how to sell it..period!
    Are you arguing that they should stop agreeing to carry the product?

I don't need your help showing me the phone, all I need is a WORKING DEMO to decide if I want it..thats it!
    Right or wrong, it is Samsung and Apple employees who visit these stores and make sure the displays are up to spec. The retailers are not going to do this for BB just because BB can no longer afford to do this for themselves.

The moment BB makes something that sells and makes everyone money (including the retailer), that will be when everyone steps up their effort to sell you the new hotness before the guy on the other end of the mall sells you the new hotness. That's how it works.
    10-19-15 05:51 PM
    Are you arguing that they should stop agreeing to carry the product?

Right or wrong, it is Samsung and Apple employees who visit these stores and make sure the displays are up to spec. The retailers are not going to do this for BB just because BB can no longer afford to do this for themselves.

The moment BB makes something that sells and makes everyone money (including the retailer), that will be when everyone steps up their effort to sell you the new hotness before the guy on the other end of the mall sells you the new hotness. That's how it works.
    My simple reply to last 3 posts...if these products(whether air conditioners or Cell Phones), didn't sell enough to justify the space it takes up or justify a knowledgeable employee, then why have it on the shelf?? Somebody in the company high up feels it's necessary to take up that particular space in the store for the phones BB offers! BBs are currently sold in most of the major carriers in the US..and supported by all with BYOP

10-19-15 06:26 PM
    My simple reply to last 3 posts...if these products(whether air conditioners or Cell Phones), didn't sell enough to justify the space it takes up or justify a knowledgeable employee, then why have it on the shelf?? Somebody in the company high up feels it's necessary to take up that particular space in the store for the phones BB offers! BBs are currently sold in most of the major carriers in the US..and supported by all with BYOP
    I haven't seen a blackberry in a retail store in a couple years. So it must be a regional decision.

Again, if you're saying that the stores that you visit are foolish to take up shelve space with BlackBerry's, maybe you're right.
    10-19-15 06:36 PM

It's just the way it works. I develop a new smartphone and put together a marketing campaign that it will be the next iPhone. I come to you, the carrier, and try to convince you to take a small inventory to display at your store. If it sells it stays up front, if it doesn't it moves to the back of the store. The store doesn't promise to buy 1000 of them until it knows it sells. The store is in business to sell product, it really doesn't care which product it is. I don't know how else to explain it.
    Laura Knotek and Moonbase0ne like this.
    10-19-15 06:38 PM
    I haven't seen a blackberry in a retail store in a couple years. So it must be a regional decision.

Again, if you're saying that the stores that you visit are foolish to take up shelve space with BlackBerry's, maybe you're right.
    I live in Houston, Tx and they are def in the stores I have visited in the past year or so..

But I guess that's my point..why bother taking up shelf space for BBs if the employees don't know or want to know anything about the devices?? They are obviously selling enough to keep them on the shelf and/or in stock.. I just feel the original poster's pain as a inquiring customer, I would like the salesperson to be knowledgeable and not have an attitude when asked about a certain product they are not sure about..

10-19-15 07:13 PM
    Most carrier stores are brutal. Having said that, a few months ago, I did go to a Best Buy to get a Q5 that was on sale. As soon as I walked in, young sales dude comes up to me and asks me if I need any help. I winced and asked if they had any of the q5s left on sale, bracing for the inevitable app speech and how the $600 Galaxy is what I really need.

To my surprise, he said yep... one left ( ok it was in the back corner)... and what a great phone it was at a bargain price. No upselling of sims, sd, screen protector, etc. No hassle whatsoever.

So, not all stores are bad, but results may vary. Buying online is often better.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 07:28 PM
    Most carrier stores are brutal. Having said that, a few months ago, I did go to a Best Buy to get a Q5 that was on sale. As soon as I walked in, young sales dude comes up to me and asks me if I need any help. I winced and asked if they had any of the q5s left on sale, bracing for the inevitable app speech and how the $600 Galaxy is what I really need.

To my surprise, he said yep... one left ( ok it was in the back corner)... and what a great phone it was at a bargain price. No upselling of sims, sd, screen protector, etc. No hassle whatsoever.

So, not all stores are bad, but results may vary. Buying online is often better.

Posted via CB10
    I've had a similar experience at my AT&T store. Never an attitude, always pleasant and helpful. But every store can be different.
    10-19-15 07:31 PM
    The vicious circle, how can you sell the product if the customer does not even know about it? How can you sell a product when (a) the display model doesn't even work, and (b) if the customer asks you about it anyway, you tell the customer they don't want to buy that brand?! I am still put out with my experience with that, especially since I DIDN'T know if I wanted a BlackBerry, I just wanted a phone that worked that I could understand how to use, and so down the android rabbit-hole I went for another year or so, before I decided to try BlackBerry for better or for worse since I hated android and knew I would also hate Apple (after what I went through with their operating system update fiasco with my computer.)

The reason BlackBerrys don't sell is because the phone companies hide them under the table and don't WANT them to sell!
    10-22-15 10:31 AM
27 12