I have 16 GB media card in a BB 8520
    Trying to record 1 hour interviews and it keeps clipping the recordings at 10 minutes
    According to spec it should record for 1 hour on media - stop recording and start a new one

Why is my BB clipping voice notes (recordings) at 10 minutes?
    02-14-12 02:42 AM
    What speed class is your memory card?
    I'm betting that since audio can get huge, your memory card is beginning to struggle with constant growth if it should so happen to only be a class 2.
    02-14-12 08:14 AM
    It's the design of the recording software. It's been that way for years and has nothing to do with the size or speed of your memory card.
    02-14-12 08:41 AM
    Well, I only have to draw from how poorly the 720p video recording was (laggy/choppy) on this 9930 until I bought a higher class card. This was the source of my guess.
    Sorry Chris-K
    02-14-12 10:05 AM
    It's the design of the recording software. It's been that way for years and has nothing to do with the size or speed of your memory card.
    Like I said - I read that when BB is using media card it defaults to recording for 1 hour - stop - start a new recording for another hour, etc

What facts and figures do you know of for recording memos to phone memory and to media card?
    02-14-12 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD