It kind of boggles my mind why the President of the United States is not using a Blackberry D60 or Priv device on UEM 12.6?

Isn't this basically one of the securest platforms one can have a phone device? Have the right people not been heard?
    03-29-17 06:33 PM
    Usually the President ends up with something more spartan than the average Android phone, although President Trump appears to be using an iPhone now. What the alphabet soup agency nerds can do to the President's phone is far more secure than any consumer-grade MDM.
    jmr1015 and zephyr613 like this.
    03-29-17 07:03 PM
    He has an iPhone now, but you had better believe that its security features have been modified well beyond what is commercially available, much as the previous president's BlackBerry was.
    03-29-17 07:07 PM
    It kind of boggles my mind why the President of the United States is not using a Blackberry D60 or Priv device on UEM 12.6?

Isn't this basically one of the securest platforms one can have a phone device? Have the right people not been heard?
    It's a secure platform for the average person. The president's phone service usually uses far more secure methods.
    03-29-17 07:54 PM
    They have secured phones on secured networks. They most probably have different devices depending on the use... for instance the nuclear launch codes aren't probably read over the phone he uses to call Melania
    03-29-17 08:10 PM
    They have secured phones on secured networks. They most probably have different devices depending on the use... for instance the nuclear launch codes aren't probably read over the phone he uses to call Melania
    No they leave that to the lost and found department.
    03-29-17 08:16 PM

Whatever device he's using is a far cry from what the consumer sees in a phone. I always laughed when people said "The POTUS uses a Blackberry" because it was a Blackberry in name only and nothing close to what you or I would use.
    03-29-17 08:54 PM
    Interesting considering a year ago he was calling for the boycott of Apple over the San Bernadino situation with the 5C the FBI couldn't crack until they hired a dozen nerd hackers to finally break it.
    While the President has some influence over such decisions, the final call is made by the Secret Service, in conjunction with NSA/DIA.
    anon(7808135) likes this.
    03-30-17 02:49 AM
    [WARN]Stay on topic and out of politics![/WARN]
    03-30-17 07:17 AM
    Whatever device he's using is a far cry from what the consumer sees in a phone. I always laughed when people said "The POTUS uses a Blackberry" because it was a Blackberry in name only and nothing close to what you or I would use.
    I used to think the same way until we saw the stuff that came out of the Clinton thing. They were buying phones at Radio Shack.

I don't think the Gov't is doing all those "really secure" things like you think they are. yes I'm sure they have their own phones that are super secret, but apparently they aren't in the hands of the top leaders.

So I go back to my original statement. BB has some really strong stuff in their enterprise suite like call encryption etc. I'm surprised that it's not being used. I thought BB was one of the few vendors that was actually getting gov't approval on their security suites. BB & UEM has got to be stronger than anything apple is providing? I don't for a minute think there are apple black phones floating around with super gov't security on them. I've never once heard of such a thing.
    03-30-17 01:18 PM
    I used to think the same way until we saw the stuff that came out of the Clinton thing. They were buying phones at Radio Shack.

I don't think the Gov't is doing all those "really secure" things like you think they are. yes I'm sure they have their own phones that are super secret, but apparently they aren't in the hands of the top leaders.

So I go back to my original statement. BB has some really strong stuff in their enterprise suite like call encryption etc. I'm surprised that it's not being used. I thought BB was one of the few vendors that was actually getting gov't approval on their security suites. BB & UEM has got to be stronger than anything apple is providing? I don't for a minute think there are apple black phones floating around with super gov't security on them. I've never once heard of such a thing.
    I thought we were talking about the POTUS. To which my point stands correct that he was using a heavily modded phone with the Blackberry name on it.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    03-30-17 02:59 PM
    The Secret Service can give the president an iPhone. They could give him ten new phones, and it wouldn't matter.

They cannot make him stop using what he already had.
    03-30-17 04:09 PM

To my knowledge, BB doesn't do any call encryption
    03-30-17 04:10 PM
    [WARN]Stay on topic and out of politics![/WARN]
    Considering the thread was made based on a guy in politics, that's impossible. You'd have to delete the thread just to get rid of the "Politics"

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-30-17 11:11 PM
    While the President has some influence over such decisions, the final call is made by the Secret Service, in conjunction with NSA/DIA.
    You forgot the NGA considering they are the ones to do different mapping objectives and different operations on a multitude of levels. National Geospatial Intelligence Agency by the way. Most people haven't heard of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 11:14 PM
    Considering the thread was made based on a guy in politics, that's impossible. You'd have to delete the thread just to get rid of the "Politics"

Posted via CB10
    It's about the phone, not the politics. Thanks for the advice though
    03-30-17 11:25 PM

https://arstechnica.com/information-...-used-her-own/

Obama had a customized BlackBerry, running SecureVoice software

Inside the Ring - Washington Times
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-30-17 11:45 PM

What is UEM?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 01:41 PM
    Usually the President ends up with something more spartan than the average Android phone, although President Trump appears to be using an iPhone now. What the alphabet soup agency nerds can do to the President's phone is far more secure than any consumer-grade MDM.
    Is there really much that they can't do with iPhone

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 01:42 PM
    Is there really much that they can't do with iPhone

Posted via CB10
    If Obama's phone is any indication it's an iPhone on the outside and some bespoke government design on the inside.
    03-31-17 01:43 PM
    I thought Tim C went to white house and sit next to Trump's daughter. Did Chen go? I might miss him in the photo. (but we gave Queen a white and black BB before... BB might do it again to send a radar to white house? Tracking Nunes?)http://www.businessinsider.com/capti...ckberry-2010-7
    Last edited by stlabrat; 03-31-17 at 02:21 PM.
    03-31-17 02:04 PM

Designed in Canada and made in Mexico - can you get anymore FOREIGN than that!!!!!!!!!
    03-31-17 04:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    What the heck are you talking about. I referred to the office POTUS not "a guy". Get yourself straight.
    03-31-17 09:04 PM
    To my knowledge, BB doesn't do any call encryption
    Time to update your knowledge

Secure Calls & Secure Text – SecuSUITE for Enterprise - BlackBerry - United States
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-01-17 06:11 PM
    What security level does it provide? May be the problem?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 08:59 PM
35 12