After becoming increasingly frustrated reading and answering posts earlier, I decided that I needed either a break from CB or a reality check. My addiction being incurable, I've elected for a reality check.

In that spirit, rather than creating a thread bemoaning RIM's failures, carrier failures, developer failures, theme failures, etc, below is my list of what I'm thankful for. Feel free to chime in:

1. I'm thankful that I'm not one of the 1 in 10 Americans looking for a job who can't find one;
    2. I'm thankful that I have a comfortable home, with a great Golden Retriever to occupy it for me;
    3. I'm thankful that I've had both the time and money to contribute to my community this year in ways that will, hopefully, help others;
    4. I'm thankful that I live in the best country on Earth which, despite its imperfections, grants me more freedom than I could experience anywhere else; and
    5. I'm grateful, thankful, and indebted to our armed forces. While I may not always support the mission, I always support our troops.

Happy Holidays to each of you and each of them.

*Please try to keep this non-political. It'd be nice to have a relatively non-confrontational thread on Christmas Eve*
    Last edited by jlsparks; 12-24-09 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Might have been nice to keep this in BB Discussion where it might be seen, but whatever.
    12-24-09 05:29 PM
    Its good sometimes to sit back and think about the things we take for granted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 05:50 PM
    Jlsparks: ditto to what you listed above except for #2 which I have a
    black lab to come home to. I am also thankful for my family
    (wife & 2 boys) that love me for who I am.

Merry Christmas everyone.

12-24-09 06:17 PM
    I'm thankful for God, and all the blessings He has bestowed upon me, most of all, my Wonderful. The greatest gift a man could ever receive. I love you darlin'
    For my sister, and her family.
    For my Emonster. She may be a psycho bi, but she still brings me lots of love and joy.
    For my CrackBerry family, especially all you TBLers out there.
    For living in the greatest country on earth, with the finest military personel. Thank you so much for your service.
    For my many friends around the world.
    And finally, for the beer I'm drinking now, as I just started to relax, from a long day at work.

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

12-24-09 06:40 PM
    ;
    4. I'm thankful that I live in the best country on Earth which, despite its imperfections, grants me more freedom than I could experience anywhere else;
    Ah wow, you're British too? (I'm kidding... ish!).

I'm thankful for being healthy, happy, comfortable, content and loved.
    12-24-09 06:47 PM
    I could not have said it any better. My wife and I were talking about our circumstance at dinner. We have much for which to thankful today.

Happy holidays to one and all.
    12-24-09 07:00 PM
    Ah wow, you're British too? (I'm kidding... ish!).

Hhahaha! I. Can't. Breathe...
    12-24-09 07:16 PM
    1) I am thankful for my family and my friends. It is nice to know that there is always someone to catch me when I fall.
    2) My Children. They challenge me daily. Fustrate me beyond words. They are a constant worry. And they are mine, and they are perfect and I love them so much it hurts.
    3) Eternally greatful to the man who loves me, unconditionaly.
    4) I am greatful for my job. I am lucky enough to work in an environment that has a direct impact on the quality of lives of our Mililtary families.
    5) Thankful for all the wonderful friends I have made on CB.

The list can go on and on and on. I have had a rough year, and I am walking away a stronger person and one who appreciates live more than ever.
    12-24-09 09:53 PM
    I'm not really sure why this was moved from OT...

But I'm thankful for my family. They're utlimately the only thing that keeps me going every day.
    12-28-09 02:22 PM
    I'm thankful for Kevin Michaluk. Don't know why
    12-28-09 03:15 PM
    Im thankful that i have the worlds most awesome wife, without whom i would not be the man i am today.
    12-28-09 05:17 PM
    Im thankful that i have the worlds most awesome wife, without whom i would not be the man i am today.
    And I, my friend, am thankful she's a polygamist.

BUAHAHAHA!

jk
    12-28-09 05:47 PM
    I'm one of those 1 in 10 looking for work. Its been ten months now since I've had a job and been able to pay my bills. The kicker is I didn't qualify for unemployment, which leads me to what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my wonderful girlfriend who has a good enough job to be able to support the both of us, her cat, and my dog. I'm thankful for my mom and her bf who have helped me out financially throughout the last hard ten months. I'm thankful for my dad and all the support he's offered.

12-28-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD