So over the weekend I had a bit of an issue with one of those automated voice recognition freephone number things, which got me thinking, and then I guess I was a little bored earlier......

Last edited by aft1981; 10-17-11 at 04:06 PM. Reason: link didn't work
    10-17-11 04:05 PM
    Say what you want to say 4 million iPhone 4S units were sold over the weekend. The unique feature that most were interested in was Siri so your assumption is inaccurate and Siri has caught on. $$Apple wins again$$
    10-17-11 04:15 PM
    So over the weekend I had a bit of an issue with one of those automated voice recognition freephone number things, which got me thinking, and then I guess I was a little bored earlier......

Nah, it won't catch on, it's just gotten about 5000 glowing reviews, and it works, not like Vlingo, and after having had about 6 BB's, when using a bluetooth headset, and a good one, voice dialing is still a science experiement. Cannot begin to imagine where you came up with that concept.....Siri isn't a thing, it's a finished, quality application, ever evolving, and not a science experiement. Speak of what you know, not what you read.
    10-17-11 04:17 PM
    Just hilarious how BB enthusiasts dislike/put down what their platform can't offer or cant do better than the competition. This thread is a testament of that.
    10-17-11 04:19 PM
    well it might b a good thing esp for in the car and other scenarios so i mean it depends on usability and how a person uses it
    10-17-11 04:25 PM
    Just hilarious how BB enthusiasts dislike/put down what their platform can't offer or cant do better than the competition. This thread is a testament of that.
    Wow, what's your issue?!

You obviously didn't actually watch the video did you. That or you have zero sense of humour. Apparently you don't have a blackberry, you don't like blackberry, yet you continue to make endless posts on this board berating RIM and the people who own/enjoy their products.

I posted this video with the aim of lightening the mood, and possibly giving (at least one person?!) a laugh. I didn't start the thread aiming to have a go at Apple, yet your post(s) were solely intended to elicit a testy response.

The thread title refers to "Siri ET AL" which means "Siri AND OTHERS". In MY opinion, I don't think voice recognition for the majority tasks/situations is overly useful/relevant.

Anywho, lighten up and try laughing once in a while
    10-17-11 04:49 PM
    Siri is really fun.

But, I dont think it will be mainstream.

Kinda like Facetime.

Don't get me wrong. I hate iPhone.
    But it is still a nice phone.
    Just not as amazing as everyone says it is.

And yes I've used one. I'm not a blind fanboy.
    10-17-11 04:49 PM
    Its funny how Apple Fanboys act like everything made by Apple is new and revolutionary.

1. Notifications- Android.
    2. Using volume as a camera button- App store banned an App for allowing this, Called 8+mp camera or something.
    3. Full voice control - Android. The only difference is that this talks back.

Did i forget any other "new" features?
    10-17-11 05:20 PM
    Its funny how Apple Fanboys act like everything made by Apple is new and revolutionary.

2. Using volume as a camera button- App store banned an App for allowing this, Called 8+mp camera or something.

haha i think u covered the basics here oh yea imessage which wait is like bbm
    10-17-11 07:43 PM

Siri is a little more than "voice control."*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 08:05 PM
    Siri is a little more than "voice control."*

Voice controls + Magic 8 Ball
    10-17-11 08:09 PM
    Voice controls + Magic 8 Ball
    I thought we were discussing Siri, not RIM's corporate decision-making methodology.

10-17-11 08:42 PM
    Supposedly it doesn't work in Canada. I'm near deaf so even if I did have an iphone she'd be wasting her time speaking to me.
    10-17-11 08:59 PM
    I thought we were discussing Siri, not RIM's corporate decision-making methodology.

I wish RIM had an Magic 8 Ball, the odds of doing something write in marketing would be greatly increased
    10-17-11 09:05 PM
    Siri will catch on and will be a big hit with iPhone users. It's a cool system that is fun and can be very practical.
    10-18-11 06:52 PM
    i dont think it will catch on,had 3 bb's never once used voice command
    tryed it just once actually,it did work,but i never use it,but ay thats just me
    10-18-11 07:20 PM
    i also think products like this are just novelty,like the nintendo wii
    its fun for 5 minets after that its just boring
    10-18-11 07:24 PM
    I think it will appeal to some consumers for whom it has a niche. Just like Vlingo.
    10-18-11 07:29 PM
    Siri is actually very useful. Example: I have my iphone 4S hooked to my exchange calendar. If I'm on the phone in my car and schedule an appointment with someonne over the phone I can hang up, tell Siri to make the appointment (with Attendees, Time, Date, Location, and any notes I want to add) without skipping a beat.
    10-18-11 07:35 PM
    it will defiantly be usefull in some aspects,but i would say over half of iphone buyers
    are shall i say young,so they will be just getting it for the apps and just to say they have the latest iphone
    10-18-11 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD