They don't know more than what you let them know. That's why I am not understanding.
    Right. And I'm not willing to let them know more than what they can glean from my throwaway gmail account. Nothing of actual importance.
    06-09-14 09:55 PM
    What are you talking about? How many native apps more do you need? Honestly it's got the big ones out. I mean It could have more but then at some point there'll be too many apps

Posted via CB10
    I agree. With android there is so many pointless apps. But every ap store has this problem.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-09-14 09:58 PM
    Just over two months ago I dumped my iPhone 4S For a BlackBerry Z30. A month later, mainly because of my frustration with the Z30's poor camera images, I threw my old Nexus 4 in the drawer for a Nokia Lumia 1020. Now, the Z30 and 1020 compete for my affections as primary smartphone. I'm managing without Android, because I installed Snap on my Z30. Google Now doesn't interest me at all; I still miss the woosh sound webOS gave me when I closed cards. What I do miss is the Google Voice and Maps, though I'm giving the Nokia Here maps a shot.

Posted via CB10 from my VZW Z30
    06-09-14 11:31 PM
    Ah but I never said it was BETTER. I said it was convenient. Instead of opening up yelp, opening my weather app, opening Orbitz, opening the browser to check on a package shipment, opening TV Guide, opening maps and checking traffic, searching for articles, opening a stock app, etc etc etc I get all of that in a quick glance.
    Fair enough. I'd rather get dedicated apps/visit those websites than depend on an intermediary whose end goal I don't agree with.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-10-14 12:04 AM
    Google Now and Google Search are completely different things. You enter info into Google Search, but Google Now pushes information to you. Like when you have a location included in a calendar entry you get a notification telling you when you need to leave to make it on time based on traffic. Speaking of traffic, it also predicts when you'll be leaving for certain places and give you traffic conditions to those locations. It pushes sports scores to your notification tray. It shows you news articles relevant to things you've searched for. It gives you stock info. It reminds you where you parked when you're away from your car. It reminds you when new episodes of shows you are interested in are airing. If it gives you a piece of info you're not interested in, you can either choose not to get it again or just not at that time. Basically, it gives you a snapshot of important info without you having to open several different apps.
    SCARY
    raino likes this.
    06-10-14 02:20 AM
    Good that the OP has found a solution in using both Android and BB10.

Personally I have found that I simply cannot get along with Android, or Android devices. Android has for me always had a propensity to crash too often, has never felt consistently fast (lulls in performance, then need to reboot)... and Android OS simply not such a pleasure to use.

That said, there are Android apps on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 02:29 AM
    SCARY
    Or convenient and productive. No scary for me!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-10-14 05:13 AM
    What are you talking about? How many native apps more do you need? Honestly it's got the big ones out. I mean It could have more but then at some point there'll be too many apps

Posted via CB10
    I still miss about... 95% of the local apps most Android and iOS users have.
    I live in Switzerland though.

I have no use for big named apps like Netflix, since they offer about 3 films in Switzerland and that's it.
    No use for American/Canadian banking apps, no use for a mobile photoshop etc.
    I just want the local app, dealing with the cable car schedule, or the local taxi app.

And this was actually the reason, why saying that they have those big named apps, is not even nearly enough.
    Neither do they have most bigger app names, nor the local ones.

If I would really need apps, or plan on using them in the future, BB10 is still a very tough sell.
    So I very much disagree with you on your slightly amusing point:
    There cannot be too many apps in BBW, when we compare it to what other ecosystems have to offer.
    And this only gets amplified in markets, where the other ecosystems have a huge head start, in terms of available apps.

Coming back on topic:

I tried Android countless of times and I really tried to like it....
    But I can't.
    If someone really wants to know why, I can elaborate on that, but I doubt it.

Anyhow, after watching Android for years, and having had 2 Android phones since the OS launched, Android was ultimately what lead me to BBOS and then BB10.
    As much as the app situation annoys me... Using an Android phone would annoy me even more.

Edit:
    Thank you for explaining in your own words. It's hard to explain exactly what it does and just how useful it really is.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Or totally creepy
    Don't get me wrong, there are obvious reasons why Google Now is handy and useful....
    But I wouldn't want to interact with it on MY phone.
    I may not be your typical consumer though:
    I deleted my personal FB profile years ago, I don't use one single Google Service apart from Youtube anymore, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-10-14 at 08:33 AM.
    06-10-14 07:45 AM
    OP, some countries have very few things in Google Now, and is useless to them. Just as information
    06-10-14 09:03 AM
    Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm really eager to try LG's version of Google Now. AFAIK that's the first company to tackle what Google has done. Seeing what they've accomplished so far will give a good idea as to what can be done by other manufacturers without Google's engine.

I personally would LOVE to see it on BB10. I think that kind of functionality would integrate so well with the hub. Just like we have the regular hub for communication, that functionality would be like a life hub. Between the two of them you'd get EVERYTHING you'd need at a glance. That would be so great.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-10-14 09:40 AM
    Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm really eager to try LG's version of Google Now. AFAIK that's the first company to tackle what Google has done. Seeing what they've accomplished so far will give a good idea as to what can be done by other manufacturers without Google's engine.

I personally would LOVE to see it on BB10. I think that kind of functionality would integrate so well with the hub. Just like we have the regular hub for communication, that functionality would be like a life hub. Between the two of them you'd get EVERYTHING you'd need at a glance. That would be so great.
    As long as I could completely deinstall it, I could live with it

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 10:22 AM
61 123