Blackberry 10 is a great OS and I can't wait to have it BUT it, and the apps it runs assume we are all on 3G +

PLEASE spare a thought for may people living outside the towns & cities that are lucky to get a 2G signal (whatever network)!!
    My wife moved from her 9900 to a Z10 and now has to live without her must have Twitter, Facebook etc unless she has half an hour to allow feeds to load because of the relatively huge increase in data required to load. This also applies to most other apps.
    I don't have a problem as I have stuck with my 9900 till (or if) the carriers improve the huge areas of 'dead' and poor coverage.
    The smaller data requirements allow my device to function perfectly with the poor signal so I'll be sticking with OS7 for the time being.

For us its like being on 'dial up' when the whole world ASSUMES you are on high speed broadband. Every page takes hours to load, if at all !!
    gebco and jope28 like this.
    08-22-14 12:27 PM
    Sad times for you. . My wife loves her 9900 so much that change is not for her.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    08-22-14 12:34 PM
    This is still a very real and valid concern. Not everyone can get good coverage where they live and work.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via the CB Forums app
    08-23-14 10:45 AM
    So sad to hear that, if you can only survive on a 9900 because of the data connection you are getting in the place You live in, I'm wondering what about those who are not using a BlackBerry. If they use an iPhone or Android phone they would die waiting for things to load right?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 10:53 AM
    Use WI-FI when possible and you won't have an issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 12:21 PM
    Use WI-FI when possible and you won't have an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Great advice. I'm sure they never thought of that.
    08-23-14 12:25 PM
    I had the same concern before getting my Q10. BIS was essential with the weak coverage in my area at the time.
    Ended up getting it a year after I could've actually gotten it because of that same concern. I held off and just moved from my OS7 to the Q10 a few months ago when my carrier greatly expanded the 3G coverage and performance and now even has a little 4G coverage. in my area.
    Not all carriers around the world expand coverage the same way. Best of luck to you.

Frosty white Q10/10.2.1.3247
    08-23-14 03:22 PM
    So sad to hear that, if you can only survive on a 9900 because of the data connection you are getting in the place You live in, I'm wondering what about those who are not using a BlackBerry. If they use an iPhone or Android phone they would die waiting for things to load right?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly the same problem for them!
    BIS is the answer till we receive a 3G signal but as the majority of landmass (not population as always quoted) in Scotland struggles for 2G I won't hold my breath!
    08-23-14 04:24 PM
    Blackberry 10 is a great OS and I can't wait to have it BUT it, and the apps it runs assume we are all on 3G +

PLEASE spare a thought for may people living outside the towns & cities that are lucky to get a 2G signal (whatever network)!!
    My wife moved from her 9900 to a Z10 and now has to live without her must have Twitter, Facebook etc unless she has half an hour to allow feeds to load because of the relatively huge increase in data required to load. This also applies to most other apps.
    I don't have a problem as I have stuck with my 9900 till (or if) the carriers improve the huge areas of 'dead' and poor coverage.
    The smaller data requirements allow my device to function perfectly with the poor signal so I'll be sticking with OS7 for the time being.

For us its like being on 'dial up' when the whole world ASSUMES you are on high speed broadband. Every page takes hours to load, if at all !!
    WELL, WELL! my mobile provider (BT) has changed carrier from a disastrous Vodafone to EE .... now have 3G (indoors & out!) .... now have Q10 and loving it. Much as I love my 9900 I wouldn't go back, unless of course the signal drops back to 2G for some reason in the future.
    09-16-14 06:43 AM
    Wifi is an option if only it has wide coverage

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 06:55 AM

I think os 7 is very handy also
    09-16-14 06:58 AM