I've had my Q10 in an Otterbox defender since day 1. It's a little bulky and adds some weight to the phone, but I like a holster and it's the easiest of the holstered cases to take out and put back.

AT&T has the Defender marked down to 5.00 so I decided to buy a couple in case anything happened. We'll something did.

We were out to eat. I ordered a filet with mushroom gravy served over a bed of nicely whipped potatoes. I took out my phone to check BBM. I already had had a couple of cocktails at this point. I went to swipe up and the phone fell from my hands top side first into the pile of potatoes! I grabbed the phone and pulled it out.

It was a mess of potatoes and gravy all the way up to just above the top keyboard bezel. I grabbed my napkin and started wiping it off. The case keeps the earphone jack, the side poprts, and the volume rocker covered. There are two small holes on the top for the mics on the top. The potatoes did not make it into those holes. Between the case and my screen protector, the phone was completely clean and dry.

I've seen videos of drop tests, but the Otterbox Defender passed the mashed potatoes and gravy test with flying colors! Tragedy averted!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    02-22-14 08:30 PM
    Drinking and swiping should be illegal.

Posted via CB10
    james pisano likes this.
    02-22-14 09:04 PM
    I've had my Q10 in an Otterbox defender since day 1. It's a little bulky and adds some weight to the phone, but I like a holster and it's the easiest of the holstered cases to take out and put back.

AT&T has the Defender marked down to 5.00 so I decided to buy a couple in case anything happened. We'll something did.

We were out to eat. I ordered a filet with mushroom gravy served over a bed of nicely whipped potatoes. I took out my phone to check BBM. I already had had a couple of cocktails at this point. I went to swipe up and the phone fell from my hands top side first into the pile of potatoes! I grabbed the phone and pulled it out.

It was a mess of potatoes and gravy all the way up to just above the top keyboard bezel. I grabbed my napkin and started wiping it off. The case keeps the earphone jack, the side poprts, and the volume rocker covered. There are two small holes on the top for the mics on the top. The potatoes did not make it into those holes. Between the case and my screen protector, the phone was completely clean and dry.

I've seen videos of drop tests, but the Otterbox Defender passed the mashed potatoes and gravy test with flying colors! Tragedy averted!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    You're lucky the Qued was safe! Even if it was from anyone between Verizon and AT&T, or a ripping competitive price point or something. I don't know man, you're just lucky.

Hence why you should have been eating a burrito (inside joke)

Posted via CB10
    p1800nut likes this.
    02-22-14 09:08 PM
    The commuter covers the same ports as well.

I love otterbox.

Q10
    02-22-14 09:13 PM
    I always buy Otterbox for my devices. Albeit I wish it was a little slimmer...
    02-22-14 09:17 PM
    I always have an Otterbox for my devices. But I've been alternating between the BB Hard shell and Crackberry Crunk lately. I like the slimmer feel and have decided not to use a holster, despite the fact that left to my own devices, I would.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    02-22-14 09:21 PM
    Great deal at AT&T--thanks for the heads-up!
    02-22-14 11:21 PM
    Love the otterbox defender - miss the key cover, want my Q10 covered completely !!!

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-23-14 01:58 AM