Now before I go further on, I must stress the fact that one, I was a blackberry user prior to switching phones (9700) and two, that I didn't like to play games on my phone. So blackberry seemed like the ideal choice and quite frankly ios looked like childsplay and andriod...I dunno it just never appealed to me for some odd reason.

So my contract expired and so I waited for the z10 to come out. Quite frankly. BlackBerry 10 looked complicated and different but it was a change that I could easily adapt (I'm 18). Right when I was about to get it I see blackberry introducing dev devices for the q10 and wow it was smexy.

Here's the problem I saw. The z10 was suppose to be a premium device right? In terms of the material used, it's not on the same level as the q10 though. The q10 has the nice glass weave backing, black aluminium wrap around and stainless steel looking keyboard. From an athestic point of view, much much better. Don't get me wrong, I think the z10 is alright looking but it doesn't feel nearly has good as the q10 does when it's in your hand.

And now here comes the a30. I hate to say it but that seems like a much prettier device than the z10. It has the glass weave and a premium look to it. When I use my dad's z10 it feels plasticky and for a device that is suppose to be premium and with a 600 dollar price tag...its unacceptable.

So what I ended up doing was that i got the q10. It's almost as if BlackBerry never wanted z10 to be on the same level? I'm a bit confused with BlackBerry did. They priced it the same but didn't use the same high grade materials like we see with the q10 and a30.

Oh well....i do still love the qwerty keyboard though.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and 2stix like this.
    08-24-13 09:25 AM
    Yes! Yes! Feels like a ducking punch to the male genitalia having bought this phone on release, SIM free, only to have the Q come out later with much better materials and build for almost the same price while they are supposed to be in the same line.

That did disappoint me. Here, have a like.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-24-13 09:35 AM
    I just dont care why.
    No reason to post it.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-24-13 10:22 AM
    I just dont care why.
    No reason to post it.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Are u telling me that you didn't wish that z10 has the glass weave and metal wrap? Or at least better materials instead of cheap plastic.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 10:42 AM
    Are u telling me that you didn't wish that z10 has the glass weave and metal wrap? Or at least better materials instead of cheap plastic.

Posted via CB10
    I actually prefer the materials on the Z. I like them both but think the Z feels good in the hand and I don't feel like the plastic feels cheap. It feels solid to me. But I always use a case anyway. Seidio active case with the kickstand for the win.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 10:49 AM
    I agree with you in the materials but I can't get over the Q10's look and at least when I was getting my Z10 there was a significant price difference as the retailer was willing to deal on the Z not the Q which already had a higher sticker price.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 10:50 AM
    I also prefer the materials on the Z, when the Q came out I thought it felt cheap and people wouldn't buy it. I'm glad I was wrong but everyone likes their own thing. I see a pretty even amount of love for both devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:01 AM
    I also prefer the materials on the Z, when the Q came out I thought it felt cheap and people wouldn't buy it. I'm glad I was wrong but everyone likes their own thing. I see a pretty even amount of love for both devices.

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow...I didn't know ppl felt that way. I guess it's juts a matter of taste then haha.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:40 AM
    See to me the Z felt more premium. Can't really explain why.

I fell in love with the Z on first touch. Then I turned it on and that was it, I was hooked.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-13 12:01 PM
    I agree with you, z10 should be built with better materials.

Sent from my Z10
    08-24-13 01:39 PM
    I just dont care why.
    No reason to post it.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    For a guy (or girl) who cares so little about these things, you sure do read and post on a lot of threads involving them.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-24-13 02:13 PM
    I just dont care why.
    No reason to post it.
    Here's why ...
    .... (I'm 18). ...
    08-24-13 02:30 PM
    What's you're point? He was explaining, and quite well, his viewpoint on the two phones. Is there a minimum age that you have to reach for your opinion to matter on this site?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:37 PM
    What's you're point? He was explaining, and quite well, his viewpoint on the two phones. Is there a minimum age that you have to reach for your opinion to matter on this site?

Posted via CB10
    Mental age?
    08-24-13 02:39 PM
    I call BS as the poster has presented his post very well.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:41 PM
    T7*

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:42 PM
    I like the back material on the Z10 better than the glass weave. Would have been nice to see use of aluminum on the bezel thou. Otherwise I think the Z10 looks and feels great. Mind you I think the Q10 is a nice feeling device as well

Dunno...I think they are both nice.

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    08-24-13 02:42 PM
    I like the back material on the Z10 better than the glass weave. Would have been nice to see use of aluminum on the bezel thou. Otherwise I think the Z10 looks and feels great. Mind you I think the Q10 is a nice feeling device as well

Dunno...I think they are both nice.

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    Agreed. Although the build quality of the Q10 and Z10 is very sturdy, polished and has the aesthetic feeling of a premium phone, I can't stress the fact that perhaps the increase in sales and popularity of the handsets could have been improved if in fact more metallic substances could have been used.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 4
    08-24-13 03:46 PM
    totally agree the loud speaker is a good example.. it's amazing on the q10 (almost as good as the stereo speakers on the 9000) whereas the z10s speaker blows in comparison (no bass at all, crappy volume).. you would think the multimedia version would've had the better speaker
    08-24-13 04:21 PM
    Isn't the z10 anodized????

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:27 PM
    I love the materials of the Z. I never understand why people talk about build quality of iPhone over Z simply because the Z feels so right in my hands, and the iPhone and Q feel... slippery. lol. As far as materials used, I think the Q10, the iPhone, and the HTC One feel like jewelry to me, all fancy and stuff, while the Z feels like something that's asking to be used, and used hard.

In all honesty, and I'm sure I'm completely alone here, but looking at the new os7 phone.... I wish they'd make one exactly like that buy with BB10. that would be my work phone in seconds!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Metal wrap? YES PLEASE
    Glass weave? Not so much
    It already feels premium to me, but I come from the Curve 8520 so yeah lol

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 06:17 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Have them both since day 1... actually prefer the Z10 .....

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 06:49 PM
    I thought the z10 was anodized aluminum

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:20 PM
    I tested both the Z and the Q before making my purchase. I did not like how the Q felt AT ALL. It came across as really cheap and the screen was tiny. I went with a Z10 and i keep wondering why people say it doesn't seem like a premium device. It looks gorgeous in my personal opinion, the screen is beautiful, it's the perfect size for my hand and it's just so understated and cool. People compare it to the Iphone and the HTC one which are beautiful devices. I just don't get it.
    08-24-13 07:33 PM
31 12