Since 2010 I have been using Blackberries. Most bought second hand, one from a contract but all have made me love at least one thing about them. That one thing? They can take a hit!

I am one clumsy MOFO and I continually drop my phone. My Torch for instance this has become almost weekly now. The other day it hit the concrete ledge of my front door and yet, aside from some scratches, just keeps on ticking. No issues. That durability, the strong build quality, thats why I love my Blackberry.
    06-14-12 10:43 PM
    Dam Bold you need to put a leach on that phone. Your right about the durability of these phone. Try that with any other phone!!
    06-14-12 10:55 PM
    The only thing that even came close(and I actually found to be better) was my dads old Palm Treo. That was one solid piece!

And its funny cause I was so worried when I got this Torch cause its so thin and its all touchscreen but its proving to be just as tough as my old Bold's!
    06-14-12 10:58 PM
    I've had 2 pretty bad drops and other than the back being scratched my Bold 9930 is really solid, it can definitely take a hit. Even my Playbook that I have dropped twice on its face in the kitchen is still working great. I usually try to take good care of my BBs though
    06-14-12 11:55 PM
    The only thing that even came close(and I actually found to be better) was my dads old Palm Treo. That was one solid piece!

And its funny cause I was so worried when I got this Torch cause its so thin and its all touchscreen but its proving to be just as tough as my old Bold's!
    I loved the Treo. It was a classy device - before it's time.
    06-15-12 01:01 AM
    Personally, I would be a bit careful though... No matter how robust a device is made, improper care will shorten it's life span. I personally take good care of my device. It's an investment and I can't afford to keep changing phones every month or so.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    06-15-12 02:05 AM
    Lol, well my Bold lasted me a good 18 months and this one seems to be holding up just as well. All I really need from it is for it to last to the end of the year. August 2013 would be nice but with BB10 launching I am thinking I will probably get that itch much sooner.
    06-15-12 03:38 PM
    My old 8900 took a beating and its still ticking. I constantly dropped in on concrete, at the grocery store, the mall, anywhere! The back door and battery would fly out, but I would just put it back together and it was working again!

But it does it have scratches!

I treat my 9900 with MUCH more care though. I've dropped in on concrete once and almost had a heart attack! lol
    06-15-12 03:49 PM
    Dropped my 9650 face down on the tile in the coffee shop the other morning. No damage, still working.
    06-15-12 03:53 PM
    Glad you like the Torch. Couldn't handle the absence of a physical keyboard myself, so it's up for sale now.
    06-15-12 04:05 PM
    Not gonna lie that has been a bit trying, but its not so bad I can't handle it and I love the bigger screen. I do love the Treo you got though! The ones with the little peg antenna probably the one I would have gotten. But they are such great phones.
    06-15-12 04:10 PM
    My old 8330 was a tank. It saw a bit of abuse and never missed a lick. Passed it on to a friend and nearly 4 years old is still going strong. Now we know another reason the "old stuff" is still being sold!
    06-15-12 07:34 PM
    The six (6) BlackBerrys I have had before the two (2) I have now all went through a lot of abuse
    and every single one stood up very well. Four (4) were sold with no issues and two (2) were given
    to CrackBerry members (one of which I think is still in use.) After my Nokia E71 the BlackBerry
    is hands down the most durable line.

I am one clumsy MOFO
    ... and now you know what my screen name means
    06-15-12 08:10 PM
    I dropped my 8330 a couple times, it was a tank and only had one small scratch on the bottom of the phone. I'm very careful with my 9930. No scratches yet at all.
    06-15-12 08:30 PM

You think that's better ? Try Nokia 3310 , if you drop it on the floor , you'll get your floor broken !

Sent from my A$$ Kickin Berry using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 04:39 AM
    To be honest, I don't have the same feeling that Blackberrys are that strong. My brother bought a bold 9870 and after two months the screen broke (without a real reason). My first blackberry's keyboard broke after a year or so and my second blackberry's screen went white after 3 months.
    I hear of a lot of people that there blackberry can't take much to brake...
    06-16-12 04:48 AM
    To be honest, I don't have the same feeling that Blackberrys are that strong. My brother bought a bold 9870 and after two months the screen broke (without a real reason). My first blackberry's keyboard broke after a year or so and my second blackberry's screen went white after 3 months.
    I hear of a lot of people that there blackberry can't take much to brake...
    I dropped my 9900 off the roof of my car and it has the tiniest scratches on one corner, that steel bezel is not just for looks.
    06-16-12 05:04 AM
    Oh Lordy.....I have a work issued 9650 and I'm not due to replace that yet. To add insult to injury I hand out 9930s to staff.
    So......I have been trying to accidentallyonpurpose spill hot coffee on it, a waitress spilled water on it, I have accidentallyonpurpose dropped it down the fire stairs at work which are cement, have accidentallyonpurpose got a knife between the keys and under the trackpad and the thing has suffered no damage AT ALL.
    If my iPhone or my Skyrocket had met with those accidents they would have sputtered, fizzed, and the screen would have gone black.
    Any BB I've ever had has been a tank. Except the Torch I drove over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 09:23 AM
    My girlfriend chucked her Storm2 at me while driving down the highway and it went out the window (driver's side). I was in the middle lane approaching a toll booth. It blew past the far left lane and hit the concrete divider / barrier. The battery cover and the battery came out. I had to park in the toll booth while she ran out to retrieve it. She put the battery back in and reattached the battery cover. The Storm2 booted right up and never skipped a beat. Lately, she has been hinting at getting a Jesus Phone and I already told her that it wont take a hit like her BB. She is still using a BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 09:40 AM
    My girlfriend chucked her Storm2 at me while driving down the highway and it went out the window (driver's side). I was in the middle lane approaching a toll booth. It blew past the far left lane and hit the concrete divider / barrier. The battery cover and the battery came out. I had to park in the toll booth while she ran out to retrieve it. She put the battery back in and reattached the battery cover. The Storm2 booted right up and never skipped a beat. Lately, she has been hinting at getting a Jesus Phone and I already told her that it wont take a hit like her BB. She is still using a BB.

Um? What? Really? LMAO!
    06-17-12 08:16 PM
    Yep, true story!

06-17-12 08:22 PM
    You think that's better ? Try Nokia 3310 , if you drop it on the floor , you'll get your floor broken !

Sent from my A$$ Kickin Berry using Tapatalk
    Not a BlackBerry but I would put up my old LG LX5450 against anything. It took a trip down the pavement one day at 65 MPH and survived. Of course it was still on my belt while it did it. In the end it survived as well as me. But the motorcycle (work bike thankfully), shirt, pants and gloves died a horrible death. In fact I used it to call the sitter to tell her I would be a little late picking up my son.
    06-17-12 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD