Why do a lot of BB users have the "Posted from my BlackBerry" signature?

I understand it's the default setting, and a lot of users keep whatever defaults there are, but it's curious to me why so many people do still have that.

Is it because they like it because it shows they have a BB, or maybe so the person getting the email will know maybe it's a "quick" reply because it was from a BB? Or for some I'm sure they never gave it a second thought or cared one way or the other.

Just wondering for those of you that have that signature, why?
    11-17-08 09:28 PM
    You mean signature from an email?
    Or the "posted wirelessly from crackberry" on forum posts?

If its from an email sometimes the carrier will automatically include that in some signatures.
    11-17-08 09:44 PM
    If you're talking about here on the forums, it's part of the forum software. If you're talking about in emails, it's personal preferance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 09:45 PM
    Why do a lot of BB users have the "Posted from my BlackBerry" signature?

I understand it's the default setting, and a lot of users keep whatever defaults there are, but it's curious to me why so many people do still have that.

Is it because they like it because it shows they have a BB, or maybe so the person getting the email will know maybe it's a "quick" reply because it was from a BB? Or for some I'm sure they never gave it a second thought or cared one way or the other.

Last one.

11-17-08 09:49 PM
    Well, I will be honest and say I have purposely left it there because I want the world to know I have a blackberry. For me it sends the message that I am tech savvy, professional, and totally on top of the latest and greatest (in my opinion the BB is the latest and greatest!).

Whenever I see that at the bottom of someone else's message to me, I immediately have an elevated perception of that person. Sillly, I guess, but I am sure I'm not the only one left with that impression.

Every once in a while someone will post on here with a desperate plea to know how to get rid of the automatic signature. Hmmm... not me!
    11-17-08 09:55 PM
    Hehe straight up degilmo!! I want the world to kno too!!!
    Pooh luvs Jamrock

~Crakd out on my berry~
    MySpace.com - ~Pooh~ - 38 - Female - Bull Shoals, Arkansas - www.myspace.com/hunnibabe01

11-17-08 09:59 PM
    .....so the person getting the email will know maybe it's a "quick" reply because it was from a BB?
    That's it right there. At the very least, I want the person I'm replying too to know that I'm taking the time to respond & not to expect something long & drawn out....after all, its coming from a phone...whether it be a BB or any other phone... its still a phone.
    11-17-08 10:01 PM
    Hey! I'm not shy about being honest! The other thing that is so totally cool is to take the BB out during a board meeting and slowly place it on the conference table... Just watch the others start to eye your BB. Some may even drool...
    11-17-08 10:03 PM
    That's it right there. At the very least, I want the person I'm replying too to know that I'm taking the time to respond & not to expect something long & drawn out....after all, its coming from a phone...whether it be a BB or any other phone... its still a phone.
    I have to admit that this is a good point, and absolutely true in my case as well. But I still think it is a "stamp" designating the sender as a member of the exclusive "BB club."
    11-17-08 10:07 PM
    I changed mine to take out my carrier so instead of "Sent from my Blackberry on the Rogers Wireless Network" it just says "sent via Blackberry"

It lets people know that I'm just shooting a reply quickly, plus it lets them know I'm a BB user . Personally when I get emails with that stamp on the bottom if it's somebody I communicate with often I reply asking for their PIN!

And yes, people drool over my BB too. Infact one of the little guys I work with asked me if he could bring me for show and tell and when I asked why he was like "cause you have a baby computer!"...he didn't want ME, he wanted my Blackberry!
    11-17-08 10:30 PM
    I don't use the wap site on my berry so I don't have a signature for the forums unless opera starts one up and as far as my mail I'm just too lazy to change it.
    11-17-08 11:47 PM
    I took it off of my email as soon as I found out how. Personally I think it is stupid and boastful. I am not an "in your face" type of person.

11-17-08 11:53 PM
    What ^ she said. Took the sig out from day one. I'd like to think
    the email sent or replied to is more important than how it was sent.
    11-18-08 12:20 AM
    What does it matter what is in the default BB signature. I type s-i-g together and hit space then my personal signature pops up and the default after that. so edit it or don't I think it's cool to know who emails from a BB myself
    ~luvitlo~

11-18-08 04:27 AM
    I would say it is to show they are part of the BB society. Be proud!!
    11-18-08 04:54 AM
    Sometimes our replies to email are brief and to the point. Having your sig with a note that it was sent from your BB let's the people know you are mobile, and not sitting at a PC. My .02
    11-18-08 06:04 AM
    The first thing I did when I got my BB was change the default sig to be my "regular" sig.

I didn't care if people knew the email was being sent from the BB, and frankly it shouldn't matter where it comes from.

And my regular sig has my name, phone, fax, website, etc on it, so that was very useful.

But after reading some of the comments, I'm thinking to have my regular sig, then at the very bottom say something like "Sent from my Blackberry", just so they'll know maybe it was maybe a shorter reply then what I normally would have sent. Hmmmm... decisions....

Like this:

-Thanks,
    My Name
    Network Administrator
    Company I Work For
    Phone: 555-212-5555

Website.com

Email Sent via Blackberry
    11-18-08 11:52 AM
    I just use "sent from Blackberry" with the BB logo on each side of BlackBerry...
    11-18-08 11:55 AM
    I took it off of my email as soon as I found out how. Personally I think it is stupid and boastful. I am not an "in your face" type of person.

What? Can't see ya, got an eye full of "Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com" and can't see!!! heheheh
    11-18-08 12:14 PM
    Email Sent via Blackberry
    I prefer this ^^ over "Sent via MY BlackBerry". Doesn't sound as boastful. However I still don't want it on my phone since that is my only way to email.

11-18-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD