BlackBerry probably checked the #'s and realized it wasn't worth keeping up. Allocate resources and live to fight another day.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 06:12 PM

Not carrying the services over to BlackBerry 10 from legacy BlackBerry OS is why Legacy Phones continue outselling BlackBerry 10 phones.
    Changed last quarter.
    BB10 outsells BBOS now.

Not carrying the services over to BlackBerry 10 from legacy BlackBerry OS is why Legacy Phones continue outselling BlackBerry 10 phones. BlackBerry 10 didn't flop cause it was missing bedside mode initially (though that one bugged the hell out of me), it flopped cause now you need to use this POS software called Link to backup or restore your phone. It flopped cause now you don't get a free email account anymore. It flopped cause now there is no more super cheap unlimited social plans and free BBM while roaming. Yeah people griped about the spinning clock-face, and battery pulls, and how ugly the OS was. But the value proposition was, and still is better for the consumer and that wins over cool looking OS fade effects any day.
    Wow, I feel like I took a time machine and went back straight to 2008.

Dear Maximus.... The world changed. It's not like you think anymore.
    But no, I won't bother to explain why. Read some articles about how the mobile space evolved since 2008.

"BB10 failed because it has no free email account anymore".
    ^ I laughed in real life, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 01:13 AM
    I didn't like Rovi to begin with. Too many limitations on how to watch the movies you bought off them.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 01:44 AM
    Sure, BlackBerry isn't telling anyone "You can't make games for BB 10". But the question remains, when the Amazon App store is pre-loaded on all BlackBerry devices, and there is nothing unique to incentivize developers who are not making apps for business, will anyone make games for BB 10?

If you were a developer making games for smart phones, and you look at your options. Make a game for BlackBerry 10 with it's not even on the chart market share and a storefront that is being refocused to promote enterprise friendly apps, or would you make your games for Android and also publish to the Amazon App Store to get Fire OS customer and maybe a few BlackBerry users as well?
    As a developer I would make my app for android knowing I would have multiple os's able to run it and make more cash. Bottom line is there is not enough BlackBerry users at this time for it to be worth developers time to make native apps. Key words "at this time" if BlackBerry keeps gaining the traction that they currently are on then they will gain more users. As the users come the devs will come. This is just a patch to placate consumers. Not an end all be all.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and LuvULongTime like this.
    07-27-14 03:02 AM
    I didn't like Rovi to begin with. Too many limitations on how to watch the movies you bought off them.

Posted via CB10
    Rovi was... okay. Decent selection, meh prices.

What legal TV/movie source is less restrictive?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-27-14 04:03 AM

iTunes is much less restrictive.
    07-27-14 08:27 AM
    Changed last quarter.
    BB10 outsells BBOS now.

Wow, I feel like I took a time machine and went back straight to 2008.

Dear Maximus.... The world changed. It's not like you think anymore.
    But no, I won't bother to explain why. Read some articles about how the mobile space evolved since 2008.

"BB10 failed because it has no free email account anymore".
    ^ I laughed in real life, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    indeed the mobile landscape has changed allot since 2008. in 2008 BlackBerry was on top of the world. But now it isn't about phones anymore (except within the Android ecosystem) it's all about the ecosystem. It's about having those big apps AND a good set of core services that users can rely on. BlackBerry is solving the app gap with the help of Amazon, but the still have yet to even match legacy BBOS services on BB 10 and if you don't think that hurt them when it came to retaining existing BlackBerry customers allot more then the missing ''toolbelt'' you're the one that needs to familiarize yourself with the non-tech crowd that makes up most of the mobile market.
    07-27-14 10:19 AM
    This thread has completely gone off track.

The BlackBerry Video store on BlackBerry 10, was the simplest & easiest way to download TV, Films. Or Rentals. ' select the movie, pay and download '

Looked on the Amazon App Store and there's nothing like it.

It's one of the features I come to love on BlackBerry 10. And I really think we do need this feature back.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 01:59 AM
    iTunes is much less restrictive.
    Only if you live exclusively within Apple's ecosystem.

07-28-14 02:18 AM
    Only if you live exclusively within Apple's ecosystem.

You can download iTunes on a Mac or windows based PC. Also watch on all your ios devices (ipad, iphone, ipod, Apple TV). Blackberry on the other hand didn't have any computer software for movies (Mac or PC) and you could only watch the movie on your blackberry. Even if you live in the blackberry ecosystem you couldn't transfer the movie to your playbook.
    JeepBB and MarsupilamiX like this.
    07-28-14 05:53 AM
    I don't give a flying fuk about Music, iTunes or Games. If I did. I may of mentioned this in the title or in the thread.

Just a glimpse of any kind of a Video Store, that was as simple to use as the video store in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Craigash; 07-28-14 at 11:18 PM.
    07-28-14 01:37 PM

Not many. And if you do find one you won't get the shows like the walking dead.

Honestly, I just want to be able to use miracast with the movies I buy. Which is something I couldn't do with Rovi

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 03:23 PM
    You can download iTunes on a Mac or windows based PC. Also watch on all your ios devices (ipad, iphone, ipod, Apple TV). Blackberry on the other hand didn't have any computer software for movies (Mac or PC) and you could only watch the movie on your blackberry. Even if you live in the blackberry ecosystem you couldn't transfer the movie to your playbook.
    No denying you have a point, and I'm not sure why the videos couldn't transfer between the PlayBook and the phones, either seeing as it was the same partner on both.

But aside from iTunes, I can't think of a legal source for video downloads that lets you transfer between devices.

07-29-14 02:56 AM
    Sony's Video Unlimited service works on their android devices and their Playstations. Have movies I bought off of PSN on my Xperia Z tablet.

Posted via Zee30
    07-29-14 08:34 PM
    This thread has completely gone off track.

The BlackBerry Video store on BlackBerry 10, was the simplest & easiest way to download TV, Films. Or Rentals. ' select the movie, pay and download '

Looked on the Amazon App Store and there's nothing like it.

It's one of the features I come to love on BlackBerry 10. And I really think we do need this feature back.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon does offer a similar service on their phones,tablets, and iOS devices in the USA called Amazon Instant Video. You have to be in the USA and also an Amazon Prime subscriber to use it. Also, there has been absolutely no promise that Amazon Instant Video would be part of the deal with Amazon.
    Amazon.com Instant Video: Watch Anywhere
    07-30-14 10:42 AM
40 12