I am always helping people I know with their blackberry "problems" and it always amazes me what they think are problems. The blackberry isn't just for texting! It does so much more. Why have one if all u do is text an Facebook! an I the only one that gets annoyed by this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 02:02 AM
    Assuredly, you're not the only one. But there are people who just use the BB as a status symbol.

I use mine in lieu of spending the money for a laptop and tha associated support equipment that requires. Everything I need a computer for the BB does just fine for me.
    11-04-09 02:15 AM
    Especially when I talk about things like BBM to other berry users and they don't know what it is or how to use/set it up. It just bothers me because the device can do such a wide variety of things. Just the other day I typed a 5 page paper for a class on my berry using the Word program. I emailed it to myself, proof read it again on a computer and sent it out. I was able to type the paper from my phone on the go. It was freakin awesome. People couldn't believe I had done it and I was like well my phone is capable so why not! I wish people would really get into their berry's instead of just using them to show people that they are trendy/rich/important!

11-04-09 02:24 AM
    Personally I do not care what someone does with a device they pay for and I think
    it is extremely shallow and idiotic for anyone else to do so.

Use yours your way. When you pay for someone elses phone, their bill and the
    related ancillary cost of ownership then you have an issue. Until then, SHUT UP!!
    11-04-09 04:02 AM
    I am always helping people I know with their blackberry "problems" and it always amazes me what they think are problems. The blackberry isn't just for texting! It does so much more. Why have one if all u do is text an Facebook! an I the only one that gets annoyed by this?

hmmm. Why does it annoy you? Don't you have your own matters to attend to? worrying or getting annoyed by what other people do with THEIR stuff will just burden YOU and not them. be happy man! no need to worry or be annoyed with matters that do not concern you at all.
    11-04-09 04:11 AM
    I use my BB to break into high end cars!
    11-04-09 04:28 AM
    For me my blackberry does everything I need it to do.

The only thing it doesn't do is the washing up.

It saves my carrying laptop, notes on paper, mp3 player , video player, torch, camera and so on with me at all times.

It really empties my pockets from all the crap I used to carry.

11-04-09 04:34 AM
    I considered it when I got my cell phone last December. I was pretty excited that VZN was offering someting like the iPhone.. It really is NOT an iPhone... not even close. It is generation-1 of their attempt at this technolgy. It feels very klunky. Pressing the screen has major performance issue. Oh, and since it is is considered a "smart phone", VZN charges you a mandatory $30/mo. in service just to be a luck owner of one --- which I think is an incrediable rip-off. I ended up buuying the DARE ... not a smaprt-phone ... but does have an HTML browser and gets to most of the sites I need on a daily basis. Yea, doesn't have the APPS like the STORM, BB, etc... but if I wanted all the APPS coming ot, I'd just go with the iPhone to begin with.
    11-04-09 05:06 AM

I really dont care what others use their BB for ,their choice,their money , their bill.
    11-04-09 05:14 AM

It annoys me, too. Especially when people get them without data plans 'cuz then it's really just for use as a status symbol. I make full use of my Berry. It replaces many of the things I used to carry. As somebody else has already mentioned, Berries are great for typing papers on the go. I've typed plenty of papers on mine while waiting in line for something. If you're gunna spend money on something, use it to it's full ability.
    11-04-09 05:59 AM
    I do not lose sleep over it, but it does make me wonder about their decision making skills and logic. Indeed, why spend the money on a BlackBerry and the required data plans when you know you will do little with the device.

It is curious to spend the money on something and only use it to the level "the free phone with service" will do. To each his own, but it is rather unintelligent.

11-04-09 06:00 AM

Assuredly, you're not the only one. But there are people who just use the BB as a status symbol.

I use mine in lieu of spending the money for a laptop and tha associated support equipment that requires. Everything I need a computer for the BB does just fine for me.
    Especially when I talk about things like BBM to other berry users and they don't know what it is or how to use/set it up. It just bothers me because the device can do such a wide variety of things. Just the other day I typed a 5 page paper for a class on my berry using the Word program. I emailed it to myself, proof read it again on a computer and sent it out. I was able to type the paper from my phone on the go. It was freakin awesome. People couldn't believe I had done it and I was like well my phone is capable so why not! I wish people would really get into their berry's instead of just using them to show people that they are trendy/rich/important!

It annoys me, too. Especially when people get them without data plans 'cuz then it's really just for use as a status symbol. I make full use of my Berry. It replaces many of the things I used to carry. As somebody else has already mentioned, Berries are great for typing papers on the go. I've typed plenty of papers on mine while waiting in line for something. If you're gunna spend money on something, use it to it's full ability.
    I do not lose sleep over it, but it does make me wonder about their decision making skills and logic. Indeed, why spend the money on a BlackBerry and the required data plans when you know you will do little with the device.

It is curious to spend the money on something and only use it to the level "the free phone with service" will do. To each his own, but it is rather unintelligent.

Using the BB as a status symbol? This whole conversation has an "elitist" tone to it. Why the **** would you care how anyone else uses their phone? Status symbol? Look in the mirror, clowns!!
    11-04-09 06:19 AM
    Lets see I got mine cause I wanted one and I like that its pink and since I pay my own bills and can afford one...I GOT IT!!= do text alot, love my facebook and think its awesome to be able to get my email BUT with that being said, I didnt know all the cool things I could do.

Soooooo.... why not post all the cool things us "newbies" can do, I NEVER thought to type a paper on the go, but I am going back to school in Jan, how awesome that I now know I can do that

So, who wants to start a list of all the cool things we can dO?
    11-04-09 07:48 AM

I was skeptical about the word program. If you were able to do that then that is awesome! I use my BB as an organizer/phone/lifeline.
    11-04-09 08:20 AM
    I could not care less why they have a BB as AG said they pay for it not I. It just makes me a little said when one doesn't use it to it's full capabilities.
    11-04-09 08:23 AM
    I could care less why they have a BB as AG said they pay for it not I. It just makes me a little said when one doesn't use it to it's full capabilities.
    Yeah I have friends who have BB's and don't pay for data plans and use it as a dumb phone. WTF! It's a smartphone! Use it like a smartphone!!! Drives me nuts!
    11-04-09 08:31 AM
    11-04-09 08:40 AM
    i am always helping people i know with their blackberry "problems" and it always amazes me what they think are problems. The blackberry isn't just for texting! It does so much more. Why have one if all u do is text an facebook! an i the only one that gets annoyed by this?

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes you are ! ! ! !
    11-04-09 08:48 AM
    Using the BB as a status symbol? This whole conversation has an "elitist" tone to it. Why the **** would you care how anyone else uses their phone? Status symbol? Look in the mirror, clowns!!
    Ah, I see someone has yet to download the sarcasm app!

Elitism? Hardly. People use a great many things as status symbols. It doesn't matter what that is, whether cars, partners, or a phone.

Commentary on such is just that. I could care less how someone else uses one or for what purpose. To me, this is a very effective tool, and I appreciate that fact.

It doesn't change who I am, just makes my life a lil easier to manage. And it has the added benefit of being fun to boot.

And I'll refrain from common insults, momma said she'd bust me a good one if she caught me picking on those less fortunate.
    11-04-09 08:57 AM
    Ah, I see someone has yet to download the sarcasm app!

Elitism? Hardly. People use a great many things as status symbols. It doesn't matter what that is, whether cars, partners, or a phone.

Commentary on such is just that. I could care less how someone else uses one or for what purpose. To me, this is a very effective tool, and I appreciate that fact.

It doesn't change who I am, just makes my life a lil easier to manage. And it has the added benefit of being fun to boot.

And I'll refrain from common insults, momma said she'd bust me a good one if she caught me picking on those less fortunate.
    Then why look down on anyone that doesn't use the phone the way that you do, or think they should?
    11-04-09 09:00 AM
    Then why look down on anyone that doesn't use the phone the way that you do, or think they should?

I guess you didn't recognize me tweaking the OP's nose?

Why get upset with how someone uses their device? Really, they have that kind of time? Loan me some, please.

Whether you realize it or not, we are in agreement, that was why I was saying you haven't downloaded the sarcasm app, or you would have recognized it as such.

And there are people that use it as I stated, as a status symbol only. The statement contains fact , nothing added to infer that I was looking down on anyone for such a purpose. Getting upset about it is more amusing than irritating.

I tweaked your nose for throwing out insults, so have a laugh today, it's really not that serious.

11-04-09 09:37 AM
    - Stay in touch all the time 24-7 email, text, mms, bbm, facebook, Twitter etc.
    - Browse the internet anywhere anytime
    - Calendar
    - Calculator
    - GPS navigation
    - Entertainment movies, music, pictures, video, youtube, pandora, fantasy football
    - Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) keeps you connected to the office, email, tasks, calendar etc.
    - so many more that I can't think of

Lots of Smartphones can do these things but the blackberry just has that certain something (I forget the French term).
    11-04-09 09:41 AM
    It doesn't really matter what other people use it for. I really wish I had enough time in my day to give a flying frig if someone uses their phone for just text and talking. Honestly I cannot care what other people do, not my life and not my concern.

I buy a $4000 PC every year and a half just for gaming and not much else, am I a bad guy?
    11-04-09 10:24 AM
    Status symbol? They cost $100. My shoes cost more than that.
    11-04-09 01:59 PM
    I could not care less why they have a BB as AG said they pay for it not I. It just makes me a little said when one doesn't use it to it's full capabilities.
    Some users don't use their own capabilities to the fullest.
    11-04-09 02:05 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD