I don't install any 3rd party apps that request access to my files

Posted via CB10
    So you don't use or need ANY programs that save data to your device? No office software, no photo editors, no games, no cloud storage software, nothing?
    12-10-15 04:27 PM
    BB10 installed core apps ARE an industry standard for security, including email, calendar, Remember, BBM, etc. I'm not saying they are bulletproof, but I'd be very comfortable defending their use in court.

I don't install any 3rd party apps that request access to my files

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone is denying that, but less than 1% of the population wants or requires that. That is the issue.
    Nicholas Kathrein likes this.
    12-10-15 04:31 PM
    If you're not satisfied with an expert review of a established product, then have dtek monitor and warn of any unusual activity.

I use 3rd party apps on my desktop all the time. It's the same process - expert review, established company.

Do you know for sure that AVAST, AVG, and the other anti-virus programs are not harvesting data from you? How do you know? What about your anti-malware software? Are you certain all is on the up and up? What about the drivers for various peripherals that you use on your PC? Are they all solid? If you use any of those programs then you have either trusted those companies or in the reviews others have done on them.

At some point we all have to make intelligent decisions.
    You're exactly right that the same issues exist on personal computers, but there are much better standards for computer software. For example, most drivers are written and signed by publicly held companies that would be subject to huge reputation and financial risk if they were reckless with client data. And I only install ISV drivers for my peripherals for that reason.

As for malware prevention, that's always a difficult issue, but some companies have excellent track records and some are trusted by companies who do their own testing.

I agree with your point that it's not possible to eliminate risk. The goal is to reduce it as much as practically possible. At this time it's MUCH easier to do that on a PC than on a mobile phone. In fact, a large part of the overhead in Windows is related to security. Mobile OSes are primitive by comparison.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:05 PM
    Thanks for the shout out.
    12-11-15 10:08 AM
    Simply, because BlackBerry never made an Android device before now.

Posted one-handed via the CrackBerry App for Android
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    12-12-15 09:27 PM
    Mostly liked the BlackBerry Hardware.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    12-12-15 09:53 PM
    Because BlackBerry had not made an android device yet. It's about trust, and I trust BlackBerry.

I might be on my Passport, or I might be on my Priv. Either way, I'm up to my knees in BlackBerry JUICE!
    12-18-15 09:12 PM
    Because it's a BlackBerry!! Duh! Lol, I took my BlackBerry Priv back and got a real BlackBerry, I bought another BlackBerry Z10 👍👊👌✌👏☝🙌

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    12-18-15 09:23 PM
    Is a Blackberry Priv not a REAL BlackBerry? Don't tell me those knock-offs are circulating again! Shame me once... I'll buy a Samsung!!! (BlackBerry would never do that to me) Do you trust BlackBerry?

I might be on my Passport, or I might be on my Priv. Either way, I'm up to my knees in BlackBerry JUICE!
    12-18-15 09:36 PM
    It looks like a berry but it's not, I love BB10, I would stay with it if the apps were readily available. I love the priv, but the hub is just not the same, there's no setting for black screen and the operating gestures. I still find myself swiping up instead of double tapping to wake. I do have to say my BIS unlimited global roaming is more important, if it didn't work on priv, I would have sold it and restarted my Z30.

But herein in itself we complain yet we don't accept priv for what it is, a bb10/Android hybrid. The first of many. When the Z30 was launched BB10 was not great but over time with the updates it performed better than when I first got it, however now I can say my Z30 is getting slow and unresponsive sometime with the gestures which became embarrassing.
    12-27-15 12:03 PM
210 ... 789