So we keep seeing comments on the board from various people who know about some upcoming new devices from RIM. We also keep seeing them say they are waiting for someone else to spill their info first because they don't want to get RIM pissed off at them!? Isn't that one of the reasons that we come to this board to get leaked information? Is RIM really going to do something to them? Can't we get them some anonymity somehow by creating a generic common handle that each of the main people who regularly leak something can use so RIM won't know who it is?

Sorry but it is very frustrating coming here and seeing really no new news for a long time (App Roundups and Kevin Bacon articles....), then going to Android Central and seeing tons of new stuff daily, all while knowing that people have info and are scared to share it.
    12-02-10 06:06 AM
    If they work for RIM or a carrier they risk getting fired. Not really worth it. Just wait and see what's officially announced.

I don't see as much new info on CrackBerry as there was in the past. Shame but that's just how it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 06:37 AM
    I agree with Chrisy, plus the first time they are wrong they get slammed as being full of ****. I have seen it many times in the past, and who wants that kind of headache. I stated that the Troch was going to be released on CBW awhile back and it was supposed to be by year end, they have pushed it back and released the 9780 instead. So I caught alot of flack for it, so be it.
    12-02-10 06:42 AM
    That's true too, Threefive. I'm over digging for leaked info, posting for an update and all the speculation. Phones get released when they get released. The rest is just a time waster.

12-02-10 07:24 AM
    If they work for RIM or a carrier they risk getting fired. Not really worth it.
    Exactly. Heres some evidence of that: http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/for...ployee-553898/
    12-02-10 08:29 AM
    To the OP.... Would you risk your job or career to give some random people info that they will find out at some point anyways?

With all the companies RIM has purchased JUST to bring their phones and OS up to date, its expected that they would keep things tight lipped.

12-02-10 08:30 AM
    OP: you are hopelessly naive--anyone working with/for RIM isn't going to risk their job to give YOU information they aren't permitted to reveal.
    12-02-10 09:22 AM
    Sorry but it is very frustrating coming here and seeing really no new news for a long time (App Roundups and Kevin Bacon articles....), then going to Android Central and seeing tons of new stuff daily, all while knowing that people have info and are scared to share it.
    Kevin Bacon articles? Really?!?!?

Here is how you can be proactive - open your own site. Get a job at RIM and send us info. Contact all the Android Central people with all their vast knowledge and invite them to submit information to us.
    We'll be here....waiting for all the news you'll have....

1812dave likes this.
    12-02-10 09:36 AM
    Besides, I really like Kevin Bacon.

12-02-10 09:56 AM
    Kevin Bacon articles? Really?!?!?

Here is how you can be proactive - open your own site. Get a job at RIM and send us info. Contact all the Android Central people with all their vast knowledge and invite them to submit information to us.
    We'll be here....waiting for all the news you'll have....

LOL! it is now I who is in love
    12-02-10 10:30 AM
    Some people are amazing. Just assume nothing new is coming out. Don't believe rumors because how do you know someone is even who they're claiming to be or employed with who they say?

More likely than not most people speculating on the internet don't have a clue and just get their kicks from starting rumors to watch folks pick them up and run with them.

The people who really know won't leak in this economy because they prefer being employed vs being fired...
    12-02-10 10:35 AM
    I'm not talking about RIM employees, I know that employees can't divulge these things, I'm talking about the normal sources we've seen here on this sight for some time. Lately those sources are all saying their waiting for one of the other sources to go first, implying they know stuff but are scared to be the first to release it. I don't think any of them are employees. We all saw Torch photos well before it came to market and other phones in the past. I would never expect an employee to jeopardize their job for the benefit of this or any other community.
    12-02-10 10:43 AM
    I'm not talking about RIM employees, I know that employees can't divulge these things, I'm talking about the normal sources we've seen here on this sight for some time. Lately those sources are all saying their waiting for one of the other sources to go first, implying they know stuff but are scared to be the first to release it. I don't think any of them are employees. We all saw Torch photos well before it came to market and other phones in the past. I would never expect an employee to jeopardize their job for the benefit of this or any other community.
    Where exactly do you think they get there info from? People that DON'T work for RIM? Even if a friend or family member that works there told you something and requested for the sake of their job not to say anything, would you jeopardize THEIR career by posting the confidential info they gave you on the web?
    Use your head.... You must have skipped your bowl of common sense this morning.

12-02-10 11:13 AM
    Besides, I really like Kevin Bacon.

Then I know you must love this.

12-02-10 11:54 AM
    To the OP.... Would you risk your job or career to give some random people info that they will find out at some point anyways?

With all the companies RIM has purchased JUST to bring their phones and OS up to date, its expected that they would keep things tight lipped.

Agreed.

And an analogous issue...people get fired for making coments about coworkers or their company on their personal FB, Twitter, MySpace pages, etc.....

Fired Over Facebook: 13 Posts That Got People CANNED
    12-02-10 12:23 PM
    Then I know you must love this.

Ha, no. I'll take the Kevin, hold the bacon. I'm also vegan!

As for the sources, they mostly likely are RIM or carrier employees. Or friends of. They still run the risk of getting the leak traced back to them.

12-02-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD