Hahahaha oh man! Lmao. It's late gramps take your metamucil and go to bed.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    Done. Zzzzzzzz. =)
    10-23-13 07:50 PM
    I'm 24 lol.
    I will say that the major reason my friends don't use them is the lack of apps though. Getting new apps as soon as they come out is probably the major reason. That and the lack of knowledge about bb10.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    srzjumper and JesseBabe23 like this.
    10-23-13 07:52 PM
    It's because those phones are cheap and younger folks don't have tons of money to burn.

Posted via SEGA master system
    BlackBerry is as much a premium as the iPhone and/or Samsung Galaxy.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:02 PM
    I'm 21 and I am BlackBerry loyalist.

I try to market my BlackBerry as being "different", productive, and social. To friends that is.

I always say that I need the keyboard bc I'm social and message people all day long. But I realize that I'm the few. Not everyone is super connected like I am.

Posted via CB10
    "The Few, The Proud- The BlackBerry Prosumers"

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:05 PM
    Well I am 19 and i love my BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:14 PM
    Attachment 213341
    Sheep mentality. Also they prioritize apps over superior communications. Brand perception for BlackBerry is terrible although the BlackBerry 10 phones are not. They associate BlackBerry all with BBOS due to terrible marketing.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    I love seeing this argument rolled out again and again, yet nobody using it seems to notice that missing apps that COMMUNICATE with others is, in fact, a clear indication that BB10 is NOT a superior communication platform.

Just as bad as the ones who can't see how apps are used to be more productive, or how having entertainment apps doesn't mean those people aren't serious and productive with their devices at times.

Instagram and Pintrest are two huge examples of apps that millions of people and business use to be both productive and enteratining, by communicatng with others.
    rbenchley, ubizmo, mset and 1 others like this.
    10-23-13 08:25 PM
    Apps! My kids got switched from BlackBerry to iOS and are way happier. One even had a Z10 but missing Instagram, a good working Skype (The preview sucks), as well as other apps just killed it for them compared to what they have now with the iPhone. Colleges and apps for collefe cater to the other platforms and not BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to fix the app gap without side loading quick or BB10 will never take off.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:39 PM
    Apple sells to young adults and teens because it is trendy and well equipped with apps.

Android sells to young adults and teens because it is loaded on all cheap smartphones.

Blackberry is considered neither trendy, cheap, or well equipped with apps.

I'm 18 and the Z10 is my first smartphone, got it as a birthday gift upon request this month, but I had just saved enough money to buy one too as I didn't want to risk it. I'm a seasoned iOS user but I never liked the iPhone enough to want one (love my Mini though) and I've always been one of those "buy a cheap $20 phone" kind of people.

Reason for buying a Blackberry is because I like that it is different, I really like the design of the device, but I also like to make apps in my spare time and I think the BB 10 OS would be a fun area to experiment with. Was disheartened at the price a few months a go but since then it has literally halved. Still spent a pretty penny for someone with my income but it is great value I feel.

I loathe Android because the phones are cheap unreliable tosh, unless you go into iPhone-pricing territory (which defeats the point as I prefer iOS over it) and in general Android is just an insecure, piracy-ridden load of arse that I can't stand. Android is only big because manufacturers were able to use it for nothing-- not because it is any good.
    10-23-13 08:41 PM
    Wow, im 16 and really love my Z10, actually I see your younger daughter as myself in a mirror, but in a female way ^^

And yes, I have been thinking (since I was searching about which phone to buy) about the people who says that the iPhone is the best phone in the world they just get it because it's a "reason" to be accepted and to be popular, but if you get it just for that, IMO you're being part of a big group of people that only does what a stranger says what to do (like being patronized) and being an ***** (not trying to offend anyone, just my opinion)

Via my amazing Z10
    10-23-13 08:43 PM
    They've never had the experience of BlackBerry in its hayday, which is a shame.

Fired from my Z10
    Actually I found the opposite. Young kids loved their BB's, all because of BBM. But when iPhone came out with iMessage, that changed the tide in that age bracket.
    mset likes this.
    10-23-13 08:57 PM
    Apple sells to young adults and teens because it is trendy and well equipped with apps.

Android sells to young adults and teens because it is loaded on all cheap smartphones.

I'm 18 and the Z10 is my first smartphone, got it as a birthday gift upon request this month, but I had just saved enough money to buy one too as I didn't want to risk it. I'm a seasoned iOS user but I never liked the iPhone enough to want one (love my Mini though) and I've always been one of those "buy a cheap $20 phone" kind of people.

Reason for buying a Blackberry is because I like that it is different, I really like the design of the device, but I also like to make apps in my spare time and I think the BB 10 OS would be a fun area to experiment with. Was disheartened at the price a few months a go but since then it has literally halved. Still spent a pretty penny for someone with my income but it is great value I feel.

I loathe Android because the phones are cheap unreliable tosh, unless you go into iPhone-pricing territory (which defeats the point as I prefer iOS over it) and in general Android is just an insecure, piracy-ridden load of arse that I can't stand. Android is only big because manufacturers were able to use it for nothing-- not because it is any good.
    I would be mad too if I bought a phone at full price only to find it in the bargain bin at Walmart 4 months later and customers are still not looking at it
    10-23-13 08:58 PM

You say Android is popular because its cheap, then mention the top tier handsets, (which will outsell BB in it's entirety by a factor of 10 at least) The latter clearly proves the fomer wrong.

The "insecure" argument is as invalid and useless now as ever. FIPS certified shot that to down. Not to mention BB10 not using BIS, which makes only BES run phones more secure for them. Funny you mention piracy as well, when BB put in an easy pirate mode to get apps from Android, which they won't even endorse themselves, but let their fans use willy-nilly.

Nothing wrong with liking one over another, but at least use factually correct reasoning. Or the always easy "I just don't like it."
    Raddin and chr1sny like this.
    10-23-13 09:06 PM
    I've used an iPod pretty extensively, as well as many people's iPhones, have owned an Android phone for the past two years, and recently started using a Q10 (alongside my Android device). I really fail to see much of an advantage in using Blackberry. This really has nothing to do with a "cool factor", you seriously have no idea what you're talking about if you think you're gonna be ridiculed for using a Blackberry. I study at UW (a school where Blackberry has pumped millions into and its biggest partner for internships, school what Mike L attended and served a chancellor of, etc, etc. located literally 5 seconds from Blackberry Headquarters) so its easy to say people here even appreciate everything the company has done - yet I've yet to see one BB10 device on campus.

I like the OS - it has some great features and the hub is a great concept, but there are very little things that it offers. Faster typing? I really don't think so, I type pretty fast on the computer (120 WPM) so I have all the key positions down, but I don't find myself typing any fast on my Q10 than on my Nexus 4. Hub making it easy to manage stuff? Not really, not a heavy e-mail user (and most young people aren't) and for messaging (texting, whatsapp, BBM, etc.) everything shows up at the top so its still just two clicks away. Apps? Android is the easy winner here, this is not a dealbreaker for me (I don't really do much other than message/e-mail/browse, very rarely play any games, only use FB/LinkedIn) but its definitely a problem for someone like my sister, who likes using Instragram everyday. Security? It's honestly a non-factor for people in this age group, there's really no point bringing it up. At the end of the day you put together everything and pitch two of the best phones against each other - say the Z30 VS the upcoming Nexus 5. You have pretty similar specs all around, very few real advantages (for young people), different OS, and close to double the price difference. The choice here is really a no-brainer.
    RH1Pearl and chr1sny like this.
    10-23-13 11:01 PM
    I'm 19 I have a Z10 I did my research and this seemed like the best phone for me so I bought it on contract for $100

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:05 PM
    I'm 16 (17 this Nov) and I love my Z10. There are times that I'm annoyed since there are few apps, but I knew what I was getting into. Also received this as a graduation gift since I fell in love with the design since it was first leaked.

Posted from Nexus 7. My pin:7544A5FA. Z10 user, STL100-1.
    10-23-13 11:24 PM
    You say Android is popular because its cheap, then mention the top tier handsets, (which will outsell BB in it's entirety by a factor of 10 at least) The latter clearly proves the fomer wrong.
    Not at all. My point is many teens buy into Android because it just so happens to be on the cheap phone they could afford.

Certain people buying high-end Android devices, or choosing to upgrade onto a more expensive Android phone now they are hooked into an OS they are used to, is just the exception.

Blackberry selling badly in comparison is irrelevant.
    10-24-13 07:12 AM
    I think the younger people (or probably some with the same age as me) don't choose BlackBerry because it just isn't cool. We've got not enough apps and only a few have it. That's why they like their iPhones and their Androids because it's "swag".

They've been brainwashed into peer pressure. Also add the idea of them being immature, riding on the craze that's really stupid (like obsessively taking "legsies").

They don't think for themselves. They can't make proper decisions (insert again: peer pressure, getting body modifications that are totally uncool) and some don't even get simple grammar right. Third grade English as Conan would say.

Tl;dr:
    * BlackBerry doesn't have enough apps
    * BlackBerry is not cool (for them)
    * Young people don't think anymore

They're my opinion, though. I'm not saying I'm right or I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10 * Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.4633 * Globe PH
    10-24-13 10:41 AM
    A lot of the responses have made good points. I'll chime in too

I'm 26. My first smartphone was a BlackBerry (8900). I personally moved to the iPhone two years later mainly because of the apps. For people in my age bracket I feel like apps are of utmost importance. You can say that everything that isn't a BlackBerry is a "toy" but the reality is that with the right apps they can become "tools" too. Like others have mentioned, a lot of apps just don't exist on BlackBerry (Instagram, Pintrest, Netflix, etc. and please don't bring up sideloading because why would someone do that when they can just get another phone where installation is 100x easier) or if they do, they are far inferior in terms of features and quality. For someone like me, who lives and works in the city, the iPhone or an Android phone just makes things much easier. We have bikeshare apps. Restaurants and stores that we frequent have apps. We have mobile banking apps. And so on. And this I feel applies more and more to people who are outside of the 18-24 age bracket as well.
    10-24-13 11:04 AM
    BlackBerry needs to sponsor sports teams other then the Blue Jays. Maybe the Stanley Cup Champions Chicago Blackhawks. Coach Q could be using a Q10. Coach Q10 lol

Sent from The Legendary Zed10
    10-24-13 11:14 AM
    BlackBerry is as much a premium as the iPhone and/or Samsung Galaxy.

Posted via CB10
    Sure it is...

If it got plated with solid gold and platinum.

The design and materials on the Z10 and Z30 are ordinary and pretty far from premium.

They use last years components, for a premium phone. You find the same screens and CPUs in midrange 300$ Android handsets.

That is not a premium phone.

As for why they're not more popular in the younger demographics, the above reasons Gina long way towards an explanation.

The lack of apps, especially popular crossplatform apps is a real problem.

And in overall it has kind of a stodgy, middle aged businessman kind of image.

Not good for attracting younger consumers.

It's nothing that BBRY can't overcome, but it would take a lot of time and effort.
    10-24-13 12:32 PM
    I'm 15 and I have a z10!! I love it!

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    10-24-13 12:35 PM
    Sure it is...

If it got plated with solid gold and platinum.

The design and materials on the Z10 and Z30 are ordinary and pretty far from premium.

They use last years components, for a premium phone. You find the same screens and CPUs in midrange 300$ Android handsets.

That is not a premium phone.

As for why they're not more popular in the younger demographics, the above reasons Gina long way towards an explanation.

The lack of apps, especially popular crossplatform apps is a real problem.

And in overall it has kind of a stodgy, middle aged businessman kind of image.

Not good for attracting younger consumers.

It's nothing that BBRY can't overcome, but it would take a lot of time and effort.
    Because the plastic SGs feel so premium...
    10-24-13 12:37 PM
    Bbm may change this

Posted from my Z10
    10-24-13 12:43 PM
    Blackberry tends to be behind in technology... even devices like the Z10 or Z30 come with very outdated hardware specs, a moderately appealing OS, a limited app selection, and an inflated price tag. Those are the last things any teenager wants.

Have you read the gazillion of posts on Crackberry about even Blackberry diehards being too stingy to buy their kids a Z10 for 600 USD? While others are giving their kids Q5s? These are diehards. It's not realistic to expect a moderate consumer to pick a Q5 over a Galaxy S3.

Because the plastic SGs feel so premium...
    Samsung hardware is higher quality than Blackberry. It uses polycarbonate and gorilla glass on their phones. Individuals claiming otherwise are being unreasonable.
    RH1Pearl and CrackedBarry like this.
    10-24-13 12:45 PM
    Young people are particularly susceptible to peer pressure and are particularly mindless and herd-like (despite protestations to the contrary). Advertise sh!t heavily enough and they will all think it's cool and they will all pressure and bully one another on Twit-a-gram and VibeBook until everyone is using the exact same sh!t!
    10-24-13 01:24 PM
248 12345 ...