My plan is to order bb10 phones for as long as I can find them. But for apps, I can easily do everything on a iPad or android tablet.

Literally every app can work on a tablet except for whatsapp, right?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 06:10 PM
    Because a lot of folks like the convenience of having those apps in a compact device on the go.
    I don't care why BB10 failed in providing adequate apps.
    If they were smart they would find a way to have Google Play loaded straight out of the box, so people wouldn't have to hassle with side loading it.
    I hate the Priv. I tried it and got rid of it.
    07-23-16 06:14 PM
    My plan is to order bb10 phones for as long as I can find them. But for apps, I can easily do everything on a iPad or android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    That what I've been doing for years. Lol
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    07-23-16 06:25 PM
    Because a lot of folks like the convenience of having those apps in a compact device on the go.
    I don't care why BB10 failed in providing adequate apps.
    If they were smart they would find a way to have Google Play loaded straight out of the box, so people wouldn't have to hassle with side loading it.
    I hate the Priv. I tried it and got rid of it.
    Unfortunately that's not an option. We're down to pick a BlackBerry Android or pick another brand of Android or IOS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-23-16 06:34 PM
    Its much more convenient to have everything on the go on your phone, not all people can carry tablets around with them.. Highly unpractical and inconvenient.. You can go for an android + BB10 device.. A much better option in my opinion if you want to have a BB10 device.. Also a lot of people can stomach carrying around two devices (Phones).. For those who don't, then an android BlackBerry is the best solution.
    Last edited by Sairos; 07-23-16 at 07:33 PM.
    07-23-16 06:41 PM
    Because people don't want to constantly carry two devices.
    07-23-16 07:27 PM
    Because people don't want to constantly carry two devices.
    I carry two devices and still don't want a BB10 phone.
    07-23-16 07:31 PM
    Because I don't want to carry 2 devices around. I have a kindle I take to work to watch movies on or read. I do everything else with my phone and I don't carry the kindle around with me. When I can't even do all I need to with the bb10 browser it's a no go. If that still worked I'd still be using my z30

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    jaydee5799 and Jerry A like this.
    07-23-16 08:04 PM
    How about we get one device that works for everything? Just one.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-23-16 08:12 PM
    How about we get one device that works for everything? Just one.
    Already out there.
    07-23-16 08:20 PM
    Because you shouldn't have to buy an extra device to get the apps you want.
    JeepBB, DINGSTER1 and Jerry A like this.
    07-24-16 03:19 AM
    Lol
    07-24-16 05:42 AM
    Its ironic that it used to be in here that people would criticize users of other platforms for carrying two devices "You need to carry a supplemental device to do all the things a BB10 phone can do..." "My BB10 phone has replaced my laptop..."

Funny.
    Ronindan, Mecca EL and Jerry A like this.
    07-24-16 05:45 AM
    Oh how the times have changed. I couldn't see that being a practical implementation. Can't just slap a tablet in your pocket and head off to work. Plus a cheap tablet is just that. Cheap... I just last night went back to a z10 just out of pure form factor preference. The classic is built like a tank tho, and it treated me well over the past year. But I like the virtual keypad on the z series better. The z10 still runs like the day I got in in December 2012. I don't have Google play on it. Just running the apps I need through the latest apk files. Instagram, Garmin connect, invoice maker and a couple others. If blackberry 10 wasn't released "half baked" like the storm was. We would be sitting pretty with native apps and a bigger user base. I think if BlackBerry originally decided to have zero android compatability they would have been better off. App developers that would have made a native app to get that market share got lazy and said hey, just download the one I made for android. It won't work perfectly but it'll work....kinda.

Posted via CB10
    glwerry likes this.
    07-24-16 05:56 AM
    Carrying this Passport around is enough for me to want to deal with.

I use my BlackBerry Q10 while the Passport is charging and you wouldn't believe how refreshing it feels to be using a one-handed device again.

If anything, in the future I will go down the BlackBerry android path and keep the Passport as a WiFi only, secure tablet device.

In short: dual wielding device is impractical to most.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-24-16 07:15 AM
    I carry two devices and they are both passports. I wouldn't touch an android phone.
    07-24-16 07:39 AM
    Its ironic that it used to be in here that people would criticize users of other platforms for carrying two devices "You need to carry a supplemental device to do all the things a BB10 phone can do..." "My BB10 phone has replaced my laptop..."

Funny.
    Yep. That's why I carry two passports when I travel. One for a local simcard and one with my Canadian simcard. Two mobile laptops in my pockets, no need for a laptop.
    07-24-16 07:43 AM
    Important observations made:

* You are a person that requires google app ecosystem for work or your own personal entertainment

* You carry an android device to bridge BB10's app gap

If this is your situation, then you already have dipped your toes in the android water. Why not jump in fully, and grab yourself the latest and greatest Samsung Galaxy. Unless you really cannot let go of BlackBerry PKB, that is.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-24-16 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Good idea, but I will definitely miss the Hub on the tablet.

Long Live BB10!
    07-24-16 09:14 AM
    Too bad BlackBerry would not make a small Android tablet all set up to pair with our BB10s, maybe the same size as my Z30. It could even come with a dual pocket holster for the ultimate anti-iPhone cool nerd look.

BB, Still the One
    07-24-16 10:21 AM
    Yep. That's why I carry two passports when I travel. One for a local simcard and one with my Canadian simcard. Two mobile laptops in my pockets, no need for a laptop.
    Browser is too weak now for me to use it as a primary device let alone replace a laptop. If they'd ever update it I'd use it again but still couldn't replace a laptop.
    jaydee5799 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-24-16 10:36 AM
    Too bad BlackBerry would not make a small Android tablet all set up to pair with our BB10s, maybe the same size as my Z30. It could even come with a dual pocket holster for the ultimate anti-iPhone cool nerd look.

BB, Still the One
    They do, it's called blend
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-24-16 11:58 AM
    I run all my essential Android apps on my BlackBerry, no need for a second tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 01:28 PM
    Because I don't want a tablet. End of story.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 02:02 PM
    Because it is not practical for a lot of people.
    07-24-16 02:35 PM
64 123