m.wikipedia.com is GREAT but that takes multiple clicks and on the BB browser we know how crappy that is...

Why can't the Wikipedia search from the browser load the m.wikipedia.com site? Instead it loads a 200KB thing which takes forever to render.

I have QuickLaunch but that breaks it down in dumbphone format (3KB/page, short passages I have to keep reloading)...I'd think this is an easy fix for RIM, come on!
    01-15-10 12:40 PM
    try it from your wap browser works perfectly for me...

that is the easy fix for it.... EPIC FAIL for blaming RIM for your ignorance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 12:45 PM
    WAP Browser?

Why does there have to be a workaround when 95% of non-Crackberry BB users will waste time and bandwidth loading huge Wikipedia pages?
    01-15-10 12:49 PM
    yes WAP browser

you should have two browsers on your phone,

One for tradional HTML websites and one for WAP websites. if you connect to m.wikipedia.com from your WAP browser it will keep you @ the WAP version.

01-15-10 12:51 PM
    I know I can load m.wikipedia.com, but I'm talking about the search bar automatically loading the WAP version of anything I look up.
    01-15-10 12:54 PM
    the only thing you can do is change your default browser to the WAP browser, but that will cause every web site you get onto to, to kick into WAP gear.. .. ..

01-15-10 12:59 PM
    Google automatically loads in WAP format without switching over.

How do I move to WAP anyway? I'm identifying a BB, I don't see any other options.
    01-15-10 01:08 PM
    That was a pre-5.0 option on the Storm. I used to have it, but it isn't available to me anymore. Now when I go to my home page (mobile Weatherbug), it shows up very teeny-tiny. I hate it.
    01-15-10 01:28 PM
    I am also interested in how to use the wap version as well. I did not know there was even a mobile version of wikipedia until to, when I clicked on a wiki link on my opera mini. I was surprised it loaded a mobile version.

Blackberry's default browser has always been loading wikipedia's full version when I click on a link via google search.

I'm on rogers, so in general options, under browser, my options are:
    Hotspot browser
    Get new games
    Internet browser

Help would be appreciated here. I would love to stick with the default bb browser cause of its familiarity, but I gotta say, OM 5 beta 2 is BLAZING fast.

02-11-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD