- 12-20-13, 10:50 AM #4
Also people who are still using OS7 after all this time in spite of newer more stable offerings might just be a tiny bit resistant to change.
I work with one of these people and my sister is also one of these people. She knows how OS7 works, doesn't want to learn another OS.
Posted via CB10
- 12-20-13, 11:11 AM #9
You have to look at each market separately. In Canada and the USA , I doubt that BBOS is outselling BB10. If it is then the reason might be corporate business sales. Perhaps they have not upgraded their smartphone manager software. In developing countries it is likely a combination of BIS and low price. In the UK I am tempted to cite the fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
- CrackBerry Master
12-20-13, 11:16 AM #11
- 1,015 Posts
Os7 does what they require.
1) Its a better PHONE than anything else available. Note I say phone not media platform.
2) BIS saves people money who travel between borders.
3) They bought an android or I phone and thier kids nagged the hell out of them all day to play on the damned thing. Look Mummys phone cant play games.
4) Their son/daughter bought it for them to keep in touch.
5) Their mum/dad bought it for them to keep in touch, they know bbm works!
6) its for work on call purposes it needs to answer calls and perform email function and nothing more.
7) bb10 q phones are out of their budget.
8) they are self employed, do dirty work and keep their phone inside a plastic cover so touch phone does not work well for them.
9) native cloud backup inc password keeper
Do nokia not still sell more symbian phones than windows phones.
- 12-20-13, 11:19 AM #12
BlackBerry needs a super cheap 4.5" touchscreen phone. 1.2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, 5mp cam with auto focus, 8gb memory and 720p. If they can build and sell that for 150 bucks they will sell many, and they MUST advertise android app support.
Sent from my Z30
- 12-20-13, 11:37 AM #14
- 12-20-13, 11:41 AM #15
The 9900 costs more new than a z10 now. Significantly more.
Trackpad, the BlackBerry email advantage, better battery life, easy travelling, better reception, better keyboard arguably, better instant actions ie more responsive, better messaging capabilities ie multitasking inboxes and apps like viber, holster profiles, better led, better notifications and customisable alerts, better phone design, better speakers and speaker placement and more reliable BBM. I'm sure I missed some points out.
Bb7 phones offer a BlackBerry advantage that people still value.
There's very very little BlackBerry in bb10.
So people stick with what they love until BlackBerry or someone else makes something they want more than bb7.
Whoever thought bb10 phones would be what bb7 users expected in a mobile device needs to take a long hard look at themselves. And those belittling bb7 advantages as obsolete and outdated must have got a bit of a shock today.
Posted via CB10
- 12-20-13, 11:58 AM #18
In many cases it has nothing to do with being resistant to change, just preference. Some prefer OS7 over BB10 and there's no problem with that.
The OS7 outsell of BB10 is not all price related either, as some claim, at least not in the States, as the Z10 is cheaper than a 9930 at VZW and one can get a Z10, Q10 and Z30 for the same price as a 9930 if bought with contract from Amazon. I know the story is different outside the states and price is a factor.
Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-20-13 at 12:20 PM.
- CrackBerry User
12-20-13, 12:29 PM #23
- 22 Posts
Many corporations running BBOS have started pilot programs for certain staff to test the new Z10 and Q10. It isn't a seemless switch as the phones operate totally different. There is still a lot of pent-up demand for new BB10 devices but corporations will take longer to make the switch. Corporations also need different infrastructure in place, BES, to manage the new devices so it will take time. However, once a large corporation makes the switch, the orders for new devices can be large.
- 12-20-13, 12:32 PM #24
I have asked many folks who have used other platforms why they like IOS better and their answer is always the same "it just works" and if they need to have a question answered, they can go to their local apple store, make an appointment at the genius bar and someone is going to be there to help them!!! Apple wants folks to like their devices, it's called basic business concepts 101 folks and look at the results, they get an extremely loyal fan base who will buy their products and pay good money because they know they are going to have support for the long haul.
When I bought my first Blackberry device way back in 2006, this was the exact reason I bought the device, we even had a Blackberry store located in Farmington Hills Mi. that carried everything Blackberry and nothing else, sound familiar??? What happened?? It's called complacency and not remembering to support the ones who got you there in the first place, the customer.
- By Bla1ze in forum News & RumorsReplies: 20Last Post: 12-23-13, 12:08 AM
- By mhydamacka in forum General BBM ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 12-22-13, 11:38 AM
- By tophuige in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-13, 11:12 PM
- By adilbashirmirza in forum BlackBerry Curve 9220/9320Replies: 1Last Post: 12-20-13, 11:59 AM
- By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-20-13, 10:40 AM