Do you even hear yourself? Clearly you are determined to be an outsider at any cost.

No, not sad. They have simply adopted a newer and more vibrant way of communicating to each other. While the last generation used text-based messages to communicate, the current teen/20s generation uses SnapChat to add (temporary) pictures to the texts they send, which lets them be comfortable in sending pics that they don't have to worry will haunt them 6 months or 6 years down the road. They can be spontaneous and fun, like young people have always been, without unreasonable consequences.

I get that you may have different priorities, and that's fine, but that doesn't make their experiences any less valid. There's a reason SnapChat is hugely popular, even if you don't find the value in it yourself.

And SnapChat is its own social network, with hundreds of millions of users, so, like any social network, much of its value comes from the fact that, for most users, their friends are already using it, and sending messages to them is easy. Trying to get them to switch to something else will be nearly impossible if their friends aren't already "there." Even Facebook has that issue - they added SnapChat-like features very quickly after SnapChat blew up, but it was already too late, and now SnapChat is the "new hotness" that people use. 5 years from now, it's likely to be something new that offers something that nothing today does.
    Actually troy, I did say that I used snapchat, so you can spare me the lecture. My commentary was directed beyond the realm of cell phones and into youth peer pressure and conformity in general. You may think its great. I like variety in thoughts and ideas.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 12:39 PM
    Oh I grasp it... do you? Must be pretty bored at work to come to Crackberry and tout Android. Is this how people who live in Mom's basements actually are??

Anyway more proof:

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...ry-stand-6205/

му ηєω мιηι ℓαρтσρ...αкα ραѕѕρσят!!!
    Nah, you don't grasp anything.
    The link provided shows that already.

BES and non-BES BlackBerries are fundamentally different in terms of security and privacy.
    BlackBerry can't work with the government when it comes down to BES keys, simply because they don't have them.

BlackBerry worked with governments together to spy on citizens, for non-BES users. The info is out there, and not even hard to find.

Btw, there is difference between me saying that you lack knowledge (not an insult. A fact), and you saying that I live in the basement of my parents (not a fact, an insult. Not even a creative one, btw).
    I love my parents, but probably not enough to live in their basement.

I preferred my own apartment, after having finished my university degree and gotten a job at a marker research firm.
    Since then quite a few years have passed.
    But nice try!

Oh and btw, who is advertising Android?
    I am talking about the Android ecosystem and what it provides. That's something different than saying how much I like Android.
    03-23-15 01:24 PM
    So did Apple back in the day when they were fighting with microsoft. All the schools, DMV everything had a DELL in it with microsoft running. Then a weirdo with an Apple who bought it because he liked to edit pictures was like " hey, how com that won't run on my computer"...then at that time ran to Adobe for a solution....Ahh.. the circle of life.

I think it's difficult to compare those days with now. What happened with Apple may not happen for another 100 years.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    SpartanSK117 likes this.
    03-23-15 02:39 PM
    Actually troy, I did say that I used snapchat, so you can spare me the lecture. My commentary was directed beyond the realm of cell phones and into youth peer pressure and conformity in general. You may think its great. I like variety in thoughts and ideas.

Posted via CB10
    Youth conformity is something new? I'm 53 and will be the last to think the youth are less intelligent than my generation, which has done a bang up job of screwing up this world. Our youth are our only hope to fix our mess.

03-23-15 03:41 PM
    Youth conformity is something new? I'm 53 and will be the last to think the youth are less intelligent than my generation, which has done a bang up job of screwing up this world. Our youth are our only hope to fix our mess.

I doubt we'll be able to do that. Hahaha.

'Clickity-Clack' goes my keypad! - White BlackBerry Q5
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-23-15 03:53 PM

Sorry, I never said youth conformity was new, nor did I say anything about one generation being smarter than any other. There is a lot of misquoting on Crackberry recently.

You are still young and presumably have plenty of time to remedy any messes you think you may have caused. When you get done fixing your mistakes you can start fixing mine cuz I don't know where to start.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:49 PM
    They didn't rename the company to Orange.
    03-23-15 05:16 PM
    Sorry, I never said youth conformity was new, nor did I say anything about one generation being smarter than any other. There is a lot of misquoting on Crackberry recently.

You are still young and presumably have plenty of time to remedy any messes you think you may have caused. When you get done fixing your mistakes you can start fixing mine cuz I don't know where to start.

Posted via CB10
    If I have time left over and am not in a nursing home, I'll be glad to help out. LOL.

03-23-15 07:20 PM
    I honestly believe those single app decisions do hurt BB10 somewhat.
    Absolutely they do. Your native appstore doesnt need 1.3 million apps. But it does need the 300-500 "in" apps if you want to target Millenials.

That takes actively being aware of what is In, and approaching those Devs and asking/paying for app support. If they think the platform wont pay for itself in exposure, then you have to pay for it. IMHO, $100 for an Android port is an insult to the Dev community.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    03-23-15 08:17 PM
    Absolutely they do. Your native appstore doesnt need 1.3 million apps. But it does need the 300-500 "in" apps if you want to target Millenials.

That takes actively being aware of what is In, and approaching those Devs and asking/paying for app support. If they think the platform wont pay for itself in exposure, then you have to pay for it. IMHO, $100 for an Android port is an insult to the Dev community.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Well said.
    03-23-15 08:57 PM
    This is very long and boring, but it it stops a lot of misconceptions.

03-23-15 10:53 PM
    I got my first BlackBerry when I was 18 and have had one ever since. I'm 27 now. I've never gotten an iPhone or Android.

BlackBerry appealed to me when I was a teenager, and I've found value in their stuff ever since.
    clickitykeys and SpartanSK117 like this.
    03-23-15 10:58 PM
    If I have time left over and am not in a nursing home, I'll be glad to help out. LOL.

If you are in the nursing home, you can still leave during the day. I will need all the help that I can get.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:15 AM
    My opinion, had blackberrys for a long time, at the moment I have the Q10, why people in my country dont like BB's? Apps always behind the other brands, viber just doesn't work on BB, now there are calls from Whattsapp, spent one hour to get my Q10 to work on this, didnt manage!, everybody else calling for free on Viber and whattapp and me with my BB nothing! a while ago i was very exited to go for the passport, then I found out it was only reliesed in 30 countries, then I saw one abroad and the size was terrible and put me off, latest setback I had again was the last update.... was happy with the volume of the notifications, much better then other brands especially for our noisy work enviroment, last update made my mobile sound like iphone and sumsung mobiles so now more or less I lost all good things I always admired in a BB. Regretably I have to admit that my next phone will not be BB.... low on good apps, volume of notifications, viber and whattsapp calls,,,, I am sorry!
    03-31-15 03:20 PM
    My opinion, had blackberrys for a long time, at the moment I have the Q10, why people in my country dont like BB's? Apps always behind the other brands, viber just doesn't work on BB, now there are calls from Whattsapp, spent one hour to get my Q10 to work on this, didnt manage!, everybody else calling for free on Viber and whattapp and me with my BB nothing! a while ago i was very exited to go for the passport, then I found out it was only reliesed in 30 countries, then I saw one abroad and the size was terrible and put me off, latest setback I had again was the last update.... was happy with the volume of the notifications, much better then other brands especially for our noisy work enviroment, last update made my mobile sound like iphone and sumsung mobiles so now more or less I lost all good things I always admired in a BB. Regretably I have to admit that my next phone will not be BB.... low on good apps, volume of notifications, viber and whattsapp calls,,,, I am sorry!
    That's too bad. 90% use Facebook, and whatsapp. Some people like social stalking software and some people don't. For those that dont...there's blackberry. Although you could get all of those to fully function on your device...but that's a whole another thread.

���(`�[� ḅḷ�ċḳḅ�ṛṛ� ṗ�ṡṡṗ�ṛẗ �]״)���
    03-31-15 11:30 PM
    You mean Q10 is in the 10%?
    04-01-15 12:32 AM
    U mean Q10 is in the 10%?
    04-01-15 12:34 AM
    No...he was talking about Apps and features that are not on or not working well on his or her Q10. My guess is a lot of people including myself who buy Blackberries don't do because watsapp is on the device.

���(`�[� ḅḷ�ċḳḅ�ṛṛ� ṗ�ṡṡṗ�ṛẗ �]״)���SQW 100-3
    04-01-15 12:37 AM
    Attachment 344924

Oh yeah... BB should be totally worried.

04-01-15 02:20 AM
    "Tools not toys"

Why worry about what kids are using?
    04-01-15 08:46 AM
    People just need to drop the notion that an iPhone is just a toy. I am a professional and use it for professional needs. I use it for many things besides racing on asphalt 8 (which I do enjoy). For example, I access Citrix on my iPhone 6 (which bb10 also has). I use VPN and RDP to access our servers and troubleshoot issues. I also control machines via teamviewer, use AS/400, VM Ware, and manage office 365. I am aware that BB10 can do several of these functions as well.

For some to say that an iPhone is just a toy is silly. Clearly they have no clue. Yes I do play games, control my DVR, use social media, take stupid selfies and make fart sounds on my phone. But when real work is needed and I'm on the go, my iPhone excels. I've used BB10 extensively and it is a good system and it's a shame it doesn't have more exposure. Competition is a good thing and all four operating systems can and should learn from each other.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    04-01-15 11:50 PM
    People just need to drop the notion that an iPhone is just a toy. I am a professional and use it for professional needs. I use it for many things besides racing on asphalt 8 (which I do enjoy). For example, I access Citrix on my iPhone 6 (which bb10 also has). I use VPN and RDP to access our servers and troubleshoot issues. I also control machines via teamviewer, use AS/400, VM Ware, and manage office 365. I am aware that BB10 can do several of these functions as well.

For some to say that an iPhone is just a toy is silly. Clearly they have no clue. Yes I do play games, control my DVR, use social media, take stupid selfies and make fart sounds on my phone. But when real work is needed and I'm on the go, my iPhone excels. I've used BB10 extensively and it is a good system and it's a shame it doesn't have more exposure. Competition is a good thing and all four operating systems can and should learn from each other.
    I don't think it's a toy either. I just prefer a device that my privacy settings are more manageable. And Apps that allow for my privacy.....I've included an example....just seems like BlackBerry and World develpers kinda look out for privacy a little better than the "share everything" gen

Attachment 345117

04-01-15 11:59 PM
    "Tools not toys"

Why worry about what kids are using?
    Most business use facebook twitter and news other social media, and the kids of today will be the workers of tomorrow and already locked into anything but BlackBerry. Toys can be tools, otherwise so many companies wouldn't be using iphones unfortunately!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    04-04-15 05:53 AM
    Most business use facebook twitter and news other social media, and the kids of today will be the workers of tomorrow and already locked into anything but BlackBerry. Toys can be tools, otherwise so many companies wouldn't be using iphones unfortunately!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    For sales and marketing sure...but there are many operations of business besides chatter, quick messaging and video conferencing. Businesses use email...they don't send large files,PDFs,electronically signed Docs and data over Facebook, twitter or Watsapp. Bankers, Lawyers, insurance companies et al...won't have you signing Docs over Facebook or twitter...sure, they look for "followers" for Marketing purposes and to sell you Ads but the actual " business applications are limited.

04-04-15 02:18 PM
    I think that BlackBerry has a problem attracting the younger generation because they are keenly aware of what is available in the hyper-competitive smartphone market and they don�t see BlackBerry as offering enough value. BlackBerry didn�t just leave the consumer market, it was kicked out by intense competition that elevated consumer expectations beyond what BlackBerry was prepared to match. So, instead of offering great value to build user base, like some of the Chinese OEMs have done, BlackBerry went with a low-spec, high price strategy for short-term profit.

We�ll see if enterprise buys this from BlackBerry, but knowledgeable consumers with several good options sure as h3ll won�t.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    04-04-15 02:36 PM
358 ... 89101112 ...