Some people say it's because of BBM, or security, or even productivity. For myself I can't really give a definite answer.

I've had a BlackBerry phone for the past 6 years and we've had our ups and downs but I've never abandoned her. I would buy one each time a new model comes out to support. It's as if I'm stuck and I know I'm stuck but in really can't tell you why. Any who this is not a complaint or anything, just a random rant.

But what about your self, why have you stuck with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    arturobaez likes this.
    05-28-13 08:42 AM
    It gets the job done quickly, efficiently and just "does the job" without any fuss. There are many other reasons, too long to mention.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    currentodysseys and yuvaraki like this.
    05-28-13 08:47 AM
    Because I like pain....

Now this is Mobile Computing at it's finest! Z10
    05-28-13 08:57 AM
    I don't feel any obligation or compulsion to stay with BlackBerry. I love trying out and using all kinds of different gadgets, regardless of who makes them, because I'm just naturally curious about technology.

I naturally gravitate towards those gadgets that allow me to do the most of what I want/need with the least amount of hassle. Right now, my preferred mobile devices happen to be made by BlackBerry.
    05-28-13 10:18 AM
    Other phones are boring and I don't like their OS.

Posted via CB10
    MontanaVista and theRock1975 like this.
    05-28-13 10:24 AM
    i stick with blackberry because of profeciency in the manner in which it handles emails and offcourse i stick with blackberry because of bbm ive gotten very comfortable with blackberry despite the app short comings and my occassional bashing ob blackberry i really do love my blackberry
    Last edited by wehttam; 05-28-13 at 02:39 PM.
    05-28-13 10:30 AM
    8300>>>9700>>>9900>>>Z10 I like my evolution>>>revolution.
    toneytone likes this.
    05-28-13 10:34 AM
    Because I have a phone contract for one more year. I will stick with BB if the apps I want come or I find that I have to use a physical keyboard and Samsung has not made a better Q10.

I would like to support Blackberry but not if they are still having hardware / software problems a year from now.

Edit:

Forget Android ... a lapse in judgement. The one App that I would be looking for is the ability to stream music to my Apple TV ... maybe not a showstopper though.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 05-28-13 at 01:04 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-13 10:36 AM
    Security mostly and it burns my family members that I dont have an itoy. why it burns them not sure but it does.
    05-28-13 10:41 AM
    I like being different

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:41 AM
    I'm a gluten for punishment. Really I never liked the apple model or the way they don't use anything standard. Winmo was dead practically when I got my first smartphone. Android just seemed like a pile of ish to me then also.

Doesn't mean I'll continue to love punishment.
    05-28-13 10:43 AM
    I like to encourage diversity. I've been with them forever. I like simplicity and directness. I like a physical keyboard. I have enough google in my life, and I had enough apple in my life, and I definitely have enough Microsoft in my life.

Some of the paradigms that used to be part of BBRY seemed important to champion. I haven't gone BB10 as yet, but even if I make the switch to Android...it's hard not to, the illusion of freedom...I will hope for BBRY success. Unless I'm long puts.

:-)
    05-28-13 10:58 AM
    Because it's purdy!
    05-28-13 11:20 AM
    I do not want the umbilical cord that Android or IOS wants me to have with them. My BB Z10 does what I want.
    05-28-13 11:33 AM
    I have had a BB for as long as I can remember. It works for me. I have tried a few other phone but have always come back to BB. Now I am the last of ALL my BBM friends to stick with BB.
    05-28-13 11:39 AM
    I'm a BES admin, so I see what Blackberry can do security and control-wise. It is so clear to me that Blackberry is the only device created for a corporate environment or for somebody who wants their communication and information to be secure. Apple has since made improvements, but still leaves me with the impression that it is a entertainment-phone, rather than a smartphone. Android seems like a malware trap.
    Then came the Playbook. Loved it, in spite of a few flaws. Now there's the Z10. Love it, in spite of only one flaw (occasional reboots).
    So, in a nutshell, security and great products. And I like to root for the underdog too. C'mon BBRY, prove me right! Woohoo!
    05-28-13 11:39 AM
    The Q10 has just defined for me why exactly I have stayed with BlackBerry longer than any other platform. One heck of an efficient piece of kit! I used the Z10 till my wife thankfully took it away from me. I loved the Z10 absolutely, but my feelings for the Q borders on obsession right now! It could be the OS, could be the keyboard, there's just something always so different and attractive about a Blackberry for me. I loved and used my 9900 much more than my SGS3, somehow the 9900 was just more efficient, and the SGS3 is my play thing!
    05-28-13 11:44 AM
    Love them

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:46 AM
    I've never totally abandoned it, but I do run a 'mixed' household with both BlackBerry and Apple devices. They each have things I like and things I don't, which is why I use both.

I've never jumped to Android because - honestly - I hate the UI of it. Nothing to it other than personal taste, but I simply can't stand it. There are also things I do like about the Blackberry than I don't like about iOS

- Removable battery
    - Prefer the blinking light
    - Like the UI better on BlackBerry 10/PlayBook
    - Have accessories that work with BlackBerry already
    - I prefer the typing experience (virtual and physical keyboards)
    - I like that I can add my own media card
    - I like that I can plug it into the TV
    - I like BBM a lot more than iMessage
    - It's Canadian and so am I
    VR6 and moonfalle like this.
    05-28-13 11:48 AM
    Ive had a BB for many years and never had a issue plus the security they offer and it is a great product. Im not a app guy and could care less about 10 billion apps. You can only use one at a time and I have 7 apps and they are not games or toys but apps that support what I need to do.

I cant wait to get the BB10 in December. I have the Bold 9930 and think im going to go with the Z10 but i may change my mind lol
    05-28-13 11:49 AM
    I like the UI, the ease of messaging, the security and sense of privacy I have when I use my phone. I also want choice in the marketplace and that includes not having all mobile ecosystems being defined by Silicon Valley in the way the PC world was defined by Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:02 PM
    Some people say it's because of BBM, or security, or even productivity. For myself I can't really give a definite answer.

I've had a BlackBerry phone for the past 6 years and we've had our ups and downs but I've never abandoned her. I would buy one each time a new model comes out to support. It's as if I'm stuck and I know I'm stuck but in really can't tell you why. Any who this is not a complaint or anything, just a random rant.

Posted via CB10
    My answer is the same as yours, I can't explain why I like blackberry. I just do!

Posted from Q10 and CB10.
    05-28-13 12:09 PM
    Other than the keyboard, maybe familiarity as I've been a BlackBerry user for 10 years now because of work? It's practically my first mobile phone. If the iPhone 5 came with a keyboard, I would have probably gone for it, well maybe. Workspace/personal space is one of the features I like about BB10. And I still believe that BlackBerry is the most secure smartphone.
    05-28-13 12:26 PM
    i cant explain either.. its just an awesome device, always was.. you can do a lot with it, and BBRY actaully loves its customers
    05-28-13 12:33 PM
    1. physical keyboard, you can type without looking at the phone. Beat that!
    2. BBM chat history. I can delete the chat and still retrieve that contact's chat history at later time.
    3. BBM recent updates, some sort like facebook for friends who are narcists.
    4. Contacts stay they way they are input, and not automatically separated into Last Name, First Name, Middle Name (andriod)
    05-28-13 12:42 PM
194 123 ...