that's another annoying Android feature i hate. it INSISTS on updating apps without my permission. the little 'downloading' icon shows and then so many apps are updating i cannot use the blasted thing so i put it down until it does what IT (and not me) wants to.

i love my Curve and i am probably one of the last left who actually prefers OS 5 to whatever mess is on the Playbook. it is fast, efficient, and reminds me of the only other phone i loved enough to hold onto for over a decade--my 5185i Nokia. any OS that can resemble it and promise key smartphone features is a phone i respect, one that does not try to mimic the most popular device which is why i do hope and PRAY that RIM does not sell out to the touchscreen 3-D capable market right now.
    09-11-11 11:47 AM
    that's another annoying Android feature i hate. it INSISTS on updating apps without my permission. the little 'downloading' icon shows and then so many apps are updating i cannot use the blasted thing so i put it down until it does what IT (and not me) wants to.

i love my Curve and i am probably one of the last left who actually prefers OS 5 to whatever mess is on the Playbook. it is fast, efficient, and reminds me of the only other phone i loved enough to hold onto for over a decade--my 5185i Nokia. any OS that can resemble it and promise key smartphone features is a phone i respect, one that does not try to mimic the most popular device which is why i do hope and PRAY that RIM does not sell out to the touchscreen 3-D capable market right now.
    Patently false. Apps don't update on Android without your permission. As a matter of fact, you have to individually give each app permission to update automatically, or select update all from within the market app. Either way, you have complete control over your apps updating.
    21stNow, Chrisy, lssanjose and 1 others like this.
    09-11-11 01:04 PM
    Had a HTC Desire Z- broke it to come back to blackberry. Need a decent;
    Battery
    Keyboard
    Call quality
    Sexy phone 9780 White baby!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 01:08 PM
    I have a BB for just about every reason listed. I'm waiting on my 9850 to show up tomorrow. Why did I choose to stay with BB? Apart from all the reasons stated before me. What would my PB have to play with? Where would it get it's free internet connection when outside of wifi? Sure some Android devices will connect, but what about all the other bridge functions? Cant wait for the QNX devices!!!
    09-11-11 02:10 PM
    1. Data Efficiency
    2. Stability
    3. Great Social integration
    4. Great E-Mail integration
    5. "Just works"

Wish I could say awesome battery life, but it gets a solid day out of the 9930 - which is on par with Android and iPhone smartphones. Wish it was the 2-3 days I got from my 9300 3G...
    09-11-11 02:30 PM
    Not false at all! In fact I can turn the device on now and it will attempt to update half a dozen apps soon as it finds my wifi. I never told it anything you mentioned I just hit 'install' then 'ok' from the Market. It seems to choose what apps to update and when to update them, only giving me a little icon saying so

09-11-11 09:31 PM
    There's nothing like having an actual keyboard to type on and the battery life. I received my BlackBerry as a gift and have grown quite accustomed to using it through all these years.
    09-12-11 08:16 AM
    Not false at all! In fact I can turn the device on now and it will attempt to update half a dozen apps soon as it finds my wifi. I never told it anything you mentioned I just hit 'install' then 'ok' from the Market. It seems to choose what apps to update and when to update them, only giving me a little icon saying so

Android Market
    Menu
    My Apps
    Select App that keeps auto updating
    Uncheck 'Allow Automatic Updating'

You may have checked this by mistake. None of my apps auto update, ever.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-12-11 at 08:23 AM.
    09-12-11 08:20 AM
    I replaced my Kyros with an Archos and it works fine and doesn't auto update so my Android troubles may be from crappy hardware.

It just notifies and let's me choose plus no buggy lock screen.
    09-12-11 06:06 PM

09-14-11 02:47 AM
    I have BB because the Droids have tough time connecting to our MDamon pop server at work. If that were not the case I would a Droid in heartbeat. I have a new Blackberry Torch 9850. Drastic improvement over the Storm 1 I had but the iPhone and Droids phones have nothing to worry about as competition from BB at the moment .
    MDaemon has had Free BES for well over a year now. It's easy to use and makes a BlackBerry by far the best fit to MDaemon.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    11-22-11 04:22 AM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD