Is the official 10.3.1 out?! I never received an update. I have had so many leaks installed and it would just be nice to have something official. By the time we get the official OS, they're will be leaks for the NEXT one.
    I was talking to my son the other day about how I try so hard to make my phone like an android phone, installing leaks, side loading apps, google play store from third party developers and my son said, "Dad, why don't you just get an android phone then"?!
    It's so stupid but I had never looked at it like that because I really love my phone but I think I've had enough......I may have to make the switch to Android.
    Last edited by ComputerJock; 04-29-15 at 12:40 PM.
    04-28-15 12:34 PM
    User friendly? Lol android is not user friendly at all. BlackBerry is actually very user friendly. Most people are just not willing to give it a chance. And 10.3.1 has been out for a while and 10.3.2 is already in the works.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 12:38 PM
    I don't understand your post at all. What "reliability" and "user friendly" problems are you having? You didn't describe any.

And what do they have to do with 10.3? What have you had enough of......just waiting? You can install 10.3 yourself if you'd like. FYI.....10.3.1 IS official, as that's what I have on my Classic.

And why do you say you are trying to make your phone an Android phone? If that's the case....just buy a laggy Android phone.
    04-28-15 12:55 PM
    I have to agree. BlackBerry totally sucks compared to high-end Android phones. Sticking to BlackBerry isn't worth it. Sure BlackBerry Hub is awesome but everything else is much better in Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:10 PM
    I have to agree. BlackBerry totally sucks compared to high-end Android phones. Sticking to BlackBerry isn't worth it. Sure BlackBerry Hub is awesome but everything else is much better in Android.

Posted via CB10
    Everything? I disagree
    ComputerJock likes this.
    04-28-15 01:13 PM
    I like BlackBerry hardware, and there's really no quality PKB Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:28 PM
    I stick with it because I like it. I don't really hardcore tweak my phone a whole lot except for the occasional leak for fun.

My BlackBerry works for me. I am content.

Posted via CB10
    ComputerJock likes this.
    04-28-15 01:45 PM
    I love BlackBerry hardware. All of my BlackBerry devices were indestructible. I love how they make security the top priority, as it should.

I really fell for the QNX, micro kernel, runs nuclear power plants hook line and sinker. I am not the biggest fan of bb10's development. I think they threw the baby out with the bath water by not forcing QNX and bbos teams to work together. I think BlackBerry lost its soul when we switched to bb10. It's like no one designing bb10 had ever used a BlackBerry before.

Posted via CB10
    ComputerJock and kirson like this.
    04-28-15 01:48 PM
    Glue... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you categorically back up your statement factually?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:27 PM
    OP - It's not easy sticking w/BlackBerry sometimes. Official OS releases take forever, and the average smartphone user doesn't want to load leaks just to have the latest features. There's almost no support for BlackBerry from the carriers and app developers. Most Android and iOS users make fun of you when you pull out your BlackBerry.

Even with all the negatives I still brought the Classic as soon as it was available. Everyone has their reasons, but for me BlackBerry still works better than any other device on the market.

Posted via CB10
    Soapm, howards and ComputerJock like this.
    04-28-15 02:39 PM
    I do not by choice.. It's the lack of choice that makes me stay. Detest android and iOS has bad email and I want a keyboard... So I'm stuck with bb.
    Soapm and ComputerJock like this.
    04-28-15 02:42 PM
    Physical Keyboard ( for some) , wanting to be different, BB10 is a great OS. The only negative for me is the absence of many Android apps but for Snap.
    04-28-15 02:46 PM
    I like the physical qwerty. Unfortunate about the double typing though.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Bbnivende and thymaster like this.
    04-29-15 12:36 AM
    Because it works for me. If it is no longer working for you then logically you should switch. Doesn't take a bunch of responses from other people to figure that one out.
    04-29-15 12:45 AM
    I agree it just works for me too. I feel a lot happier when I switch from Android to my favourite phone now, the Passport. If I didn't like the Passport, I would have sold it a long time ago and tried out Windows or go back to iPhones. No need to be miserable on a platform you despise.

Because it works for me. If it is no longer working for you then logically you should switch.
    04-29-15 12:52 AM
    Being honest, I haven't considered or tried another phone since I picked up my first Berry over a decade ago. It's not about finding something better when you're satisfied with what you have.

I also don't need a new OS, since I don't find problems with the OS running on my phone with the exception of its lack of customization (like the ugly green in the calendar)...

Just curious OP, what is unreliable about your BB? I've heard many complaints, but never unreliable...
    04-29-15 12:52 AM
    I love the os. I would be fine on "official " but I am a geek and have to see the new features asap. I don't need any android apps. The ones I run are just perks to me.

The hardware runs smooth. I never have a problem, unless I am on a leak. I expect that. Most android and ios users love my phone. They tell me they hate theirs. Me, I love my phone. I have trouble putting it down. I honestly am on my Z30 more than my computer.

I mean I could make a rant but not my style. Simply put bb10, to me is the best os. Touchscreen phone, z30 the best. I would not trade it for the world. (just the Passport when my upgrade is due. Lol)

Via my  Z30
    jersey kid, thymaster and howards like this.
    04-29-15 12:58 AM
    It seems you just like the whole android experience, so no other phone/os will cut it for you. From what I can tell, you don't hate BlackBerry, you just like android. So no matter what phone BlackBerry puts out or how great their os gets, you'll just be hating it since its not what android looks like and feels like.

Take your son's advice and get an android phone. Theirs no real best phone or os out there. Everyone offers something different and everyone has their own style. It's all about which one you like and you want.

Also, you don't have to install leaks. I'm not sure why you're complaining about that. The official release come out eventually, if you can't wait that's not on BlackBerry or anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:59 AM
    The main argument (I can't repeat this often enough) is security and privacy. That's indeed RIM's greatest asset. (What else do they have, hardware?, physical keyboard?, software?) What RIM really has is an independent OS with some independent core apps - "independent" means "not developed by notorious Big Data companies like Google or Apple behind". That's a treasure. As long as RIM doesn't make a serious failure they can keep alive the user's trustfulness especially in this. And the fact that RIM bought Secusmart is a sign that the management probably understood this very well. OK, that's hard to explain someone who installs mainly Android software and perhaps uses social media and Google as the search engine.
    04-29-15 01:33 AM
    Security with out apps is no solution at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:30 AM
    Simple. Blinking Red LIght.

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    tomsobon and JosevuN3 like this.
    04-29-15 08:36 AM
    Security with out apps is no solution at all.

Posted via CB10
    You reminded me of a bloggers comments back in BB early days, he said something to the effect of "you can brag about the security of a bank built with 3' thick, concrete reinforced walls with no windows or doors and 12' thick roof and floor, but it wouldn't be very customer friendly..."
    04-29-15 09:08 AM
    Not sure why you are sticking with BB. Myself, it works for me better than other OS.
    04-29-15 09:17 AM
    for its productivity, efficiency, and security (without apps)
    04-29-15 09:32 AM
50 12