Just picked up my Z30 yesterday from my carrier, and I was surprised at so much negativity around BlackBerry, from the financial situation of BlackBerry to saying how BlackBerry 10 is is harder to use than its or Android.

What I don't get is that whether I get an IPhone or a BlackBerry, it is still a sale to them, and they did have the BlackBerry in store.

So what is the reason for putting down BlackBerry, if it's the same profit for them whichever phone I buy? If anything, if BlackBerry doesn't sell like what the Rogers store worker told me, by me buying a BlackBerry z30, I am reducing their over stock phone that doesn't sell. So logically speaking, the store can also benefit by selling the phone that is not popular to control their stock level.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skstrials; 08-26-14 at 01:07 PM.
    gokulesh and LeroyP09 like this.
    08-26-14 12:51 PM
    They probably aren't getting high commission off of those is the only thing I can think of. That and the fact that it was drilled into them to sell iPhone and Androids most likely along with just plain and simple ignorance. I fight with my corporate store employees all the time because they are buffoons.
    acovey and Jimberry Storm like this.
    08-26-14 12:57 PM
    Where did you go?

#BBFactCheck
    Riddymon likes this.
    08-26-14 01:01 PM
    Just picked up my Z30 yesterday from my carrier, and I was surprised at so much negativity around BlackBerry, from the financial situation of BlackBerry to saying how BlackBerry 10 is is harder to use than its or Android.

What I don't get is that whether I get an IPhone or a BlackBerry, it is still a sale to them, and they did have the BlackBerry in store.

So what is the reason for putting down BlackBerry, if it's the same profit for them whichever phone I buy? If anything, if BlackBerry doesn't sell like what the Rogers store worker told me, by me buying a BlackBerry z30, I am reducing their over stock phone that doesn't sell. So logically speaking, the phone can also benefit by selling the phone that is not popular to control their stock level.

Posted via CB10
    Cause they're jealous of the people with BB10!!!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    08-26-14 01:01 PM
    Because there is a duopoly .definition of Duopoly :A situation in which two companies own all or nearly all of the market for a given product or service. A duopoly is the most basic form of oligopoly, a market dominated by a small number of companies. A duopoly can have the same impact on the market as a monopoly if the two players collude on prices or output. Collusion results in consumers paying higher prices than they would in a truly competitive market and is illegal under U.S. antitrust law.

The incentives given by these two large cell phone manufacturers to dealers who push their products is bordering on illegal.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:27 PM
    They probably aren't getting high commission off of those is the only thing I can think of. That and the fact that it was drilled into them to sell iPhone and Androids most likely along with just plain and simple ignorance. I fight with my corporate store employees all the time because they are buffoons.
    First sentence in this paragraph is correct. When I was working for the carriers, I made a lot more money selling android than iphone, and way more than selling a blackberry. Unfortunately.

Posted via Q10RR
    Xenolock likes this.
    08-26-14 01:31 PM
    Rogers has its flavor of the month. I am in there often for corporate reasons and they push whatever incentive is hot, no matter how bad the device is. Also, they prefer to sell what they use. BlackBerry is suppose to be dead, and they, the sales force, want to ensure they are correct. However, they may have to eat crow one day as BB10 is very slick.

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    08-26-14 01:58 PM
    Not sure how many people actually rely on a sales reps advice these days. Isn't the decision in what smartphone to buy already made before you enter a store?

I used to work at a Rogers store. As stated above it could be because they don't use a BlackBerry themselves.

Could also be extra incentives to push other devices.

Also, depending on the commission structure they prob want to move the device quickly and get on to the next customer. Why sit there for half an hour and sell/explain a BlackBerry when you close an s5 transaction in a quarter of the time.

Heck when I used to work there the reps would often sell/push whatever inventory they had excess of just to clear out the back room.

Could be many reasons, I'm sure nonchalant attitudes of the sales reps is high on the list.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:14 PM
    Gee, a thread about store reps. That's a new topic
    gebco, acovey, byrdbrained and 6 others like this.
    08-26-14 02:26 PM
    Not sure how many people actually rely on a sales reps advice these days. Isn't the decision in what smartphone to buy already made before you enter a store?

I used to work at a Rogers store. As stated above it could be because they don't use a BlackBerry themselves.

Could also be extra incentives to push other devices.

Also, depending on the commission structure they prob want to move the device quickly and get on to the next customer. Why sit there for half an hour and sell/explain a BlackBerry when you close an s5 transaction in a quarter of the time.

Heck when I used to work there the reps would often sell/push whatever inventory they had excess of just to clear out the back room.

Could be many reasons, I'm sure nonchalant attitudes of the sales reps is high on the list.

Posted via CB10

It's not a matter of relying on Reps, they actually argue with your choice, a client must be prepared to do battle especially if you ask for a BlackBerry device it's truly sad. Normal consumer going into these dealers actually are easily swayed by these Reps .

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:48 PM
    Commission!
    08-26-14 02:59 PM
    Gee, a thread about store reps. That's a new topic
    Hahaha, was just thinking the same thing...

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    08-26-14 03:04 PM
    Commissions, knowledge of Iphone, Samsung more than Blackberry and they don't want to deal with returns on people who have never had a BB10 devices and have the incorrect expectations. 'Why can't it run XY app'.
    '
    08-26-14 03:04 PM
    It's called marketing. Someone call blackberry and explain it to them.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-26-14 03:36 PM
    Actually, I asked about this and one big reason salespeople avoid recommending BlackBerry is fear of returns. Apparently, handling customer returns is a huge pain for salespeople and thus they prefer low-return brands like iPhone and Samsung over higher return brands like Microsoft Windows Phone devices.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.1052/T-Mobile USA
    08-26-14 03:59 PM
    First of all marketing is a two way street and some of the major blame goes to Blackberry.

You can't expect the carriers to carry all of the load. From what I have seen here in the US, any sort of Blackberry advertising is nonexistent.

Before you can sell a product, you have to let the consumer know you are around and are going to be there for the long haul.

I understand that Blackberry is putting their eggs in the enterprise basket, but there are still folks here that would buy your products if we knew what you had to offer. Anyone up there in Waterloo listening???
    gebco, acovey and Thunderbuck like this.
    08-26-14 04:02 PM
    They get more than they do with iPhone and about as much as Samsung. It?s not that, it's that people are not looking for that and they lack the effort to learn a new product. Why learn something new when your customers already know what they want and how to use it. They wont return it unless it's a defect. BlackBerry well they have to sell the experience and that's more trouble than the latter

Posted via CB10
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-26-14 04:15 PM
    Guys, BlackBerry 10 is too advanced for them. Think about it, if you gave a caveman an airplane, he wouldn't understand it so he'd have no interest in it. Same principle applies with store reps
    08-26-14 04:16 PM

So what is the reason for putting down BlackBerry, if it's the same profit for them whichever phone I buy? If anything, if BlackBerry doesn't sell like what the Rogers store worker told me, by me buying a BlackBerry z30, I am reducing their over stock phone that doesn't sell. So logically speaking, the store can also benefit by selling the phone that is not popular to control their stock level.

Posted via CB10
    Ignorance, and people's insistence now-a-days to advertise to every one they meet that they belong to the majority opinion...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    08-26-14 05:25 PM
    Sheep leading the sheep! BB10 is the best OS out there. Period!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 05:31 PM
    Ignorance, and people's insistence now-a-days to advertise to every one they meet that they belong to the majority opinion...

That's not new, the medium is just more powerful.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-26-14 05:31 PM
    I went into the same AT&T store twice this week and had two very interesting experiences.

The first time, two of the salespeople were gushing over my Q10. One admitted she loved her old BlackBerrys, missed having a keyboard, and was shocked and excited to learn that BlackBerry was still making phones. The other salesman admitted that he had a Q10 as his second phone, but wouldn't use it in front of his friends because he was embarrassed. He was, however, unaware that BB10 runs Android apps.

The second time I went into the AT&T store, the young lady helping me had no idea that AT&T still even allowed BlackBerrys on their network and she kept cross examining me as to why the hell I would ditch the fantastic iPhone 5 and go back to BlackBerry. She had no idea that BB10 even existed.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-26-14 06:01 PM
    I went into the same AT&T store twice this week and had two very interesting experiences.

The first time, two of the salespeople were gushing over my Q10. One admitted she loved her old BlackBerrys, missed having a keyboard, and was shocked and excited to learn that BlackBerry was still making phones. The other salesman admitted that he had a Q10 as his second phone, but wouldn't use it in front of his friends because he was embarrassed. He was, however, unaware that BB10 runs Android apps.

The second time I went into the AT&T store, the young lady helping me had no idea that AT&T still even allowed BlackBerrys on their network and she kept cross examining me as to why the hell I would ditch the fantastic iPhone 5 and go back to BlackBerry. She had no idea that BB10 even existed.
    Yah, your experience will vary. I'm also on AT&T and so far I've had pretty neutral reactions at the store. They neither gushed at it or said anything negative about it. Which I think is an ok thing. :-)

08-26-14 06:03 PM
    It's not a matter of relying on Reps, they actually argue with your choice, a client must be prepared to do battle especially if you ask for a BlackBerry device it's truly sad. Normal consumer going into these dealers actually are easily swayed by these Reps .

Posted via CB10
    Yep, you do have to argue with them. This happened to me and to a colleague. I bought the BB, she got an S4, and regrets it.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:12 PM
    Marketing.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:27 PM
107 123 ...